Page 26 of 58 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative Clan Colours - update to HERO EDITION released! Noif's submod still available

Demokritos's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - ladies and gents, the whole uniforms and banners project is COMPLETED. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Meritus View Post
    All new textures are working, units looks much better and that makes game even more beautiful.
    I checked no-daichi, as you said "light yellow and gold armor details" they have them.

Im not able (currently) to check buletproof samurais because i dont unlocked them yet.

I think i found bug.
    When im on campaign map and have army sometimes when i will zoom to see general detail he's armor flashes white-black (little)
    My textures are set to Ultra, but i didnt noticed that bug when i dont had your mod.

*Launching Shogun2...*

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Haven't seen this problem in my own game so far, and I don't know the cause of it. Got the latest drivers for your graphics card etc?

No daichi samurais:

That looks like vanilla colours on both uniforms and banners, Meritus. Your general on the campaign map look like vanilla, too. Not ACC.

With ACC properly installed and working, the Date no-dachi samurai would "normally" show up like the below:

And their ashigaru like this:
    But with the new recolouring of certain special units, the Date no-dachi samurai should turn up like the following instead:

That's what I meant with "gold armor details" instead of greyish blue (like the first ACC Date no-dachi pic). The light yellow armor details of their bulletproof samurai should come out like this:

Seen them like that anywhere?
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Default Re: Alternative Clan Colours - ladies and gents, the whole uniforms and banners project is COMPLETED. Enjoy.

Textures work in MP and in custom battle.
    Hmm, they worked last time in SP but i didnt took close look at them much.
    I will try install it again.

Or i placed it in wrong directory but that would be stupid.

C:\Users\MY USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts [user.script in this folder]

Inside of user.script.txt

mod "ACC_59g_uniforms_complete_p14.pack";
    [SPACE]
    mod "ACC_59g_banners_complete_p14.pack";

Before it was without space i added it few mins ago.

Both files (from zip) are dropped in:

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data

hmmm....I dont have any other mods installed.

Maybe it has to do something with build of shogun?
    (build - game version)
    I have v1.10 and some numers.
    It's newest version of S2 with Blood Pack + Rise of Samurai DLC.

No space between (or above or below) the mod references in the user.script, Meritus. Otherwise it looks perfectly right. Try one more thing: save that text file in Unicode (select this coding option listed below "File name" and "File format").
    GNOTHI SEAUTON (Know Thyself) - precept inscribed in the forecourt of the Temple of Apollo at Delphi, Greece
    MEDEN AGAN (Nothing To Excess) - another precept inscribed in the aforementioned place

Saving user.script.txt with Unicode caused this:

So i guess saving user.script.txt with Unicode really helps.
    Mystery solved?

Saving user.script.txt with Unicode caused this:

So i guess saving user.script.txt with Unicode really helps.
    Mystery solved?
    Yeah, that looks more like ACC. Good to see that you got it working. Thanks for reporting back on this issue. I'd better include this info in the installation instructions.

Hey Demokritos, thanks a lot for all the replies regarding the mod through PM, I took 2 screenshots just now, the game looks even more epic, I hope this is the correct colors lol (my 1st post in this forum )

Date Clan

Oda Clan

@Demokritos,

Important information.

After changing user.script.txt to unicode, im unable to play multiplayer because i got message that server(s) have other version of game.

So if you wanna play MP you have to remove user.script.txt

Quote Originally Posted by razr View Post
    Hey Demokritos, thanks a lot for all the replies regarding the mod through PM, I took 2 screenshots just now, the game looks even more epic, I hope this is the correct colors lol (my 1st post in this forum )

Date Clan

Oda Clan

Oh, just sent you another PM in response to your last Q before noticing that you've already got the new show up and running, as those screenies prove. Good! Yes, that's the latest ACC for you.

@Demokritos,

Important information.

After changing user.script.txt to unicode, im unable to play multiplayer because i got message that server(s) have other version of game.

So if you wanna play MP you have to remove user.script.txt
    Not sure if this "other version of game" is due to the use of a user.script or Unicode setting. Did I understand you correctly that you got the "textures" working before in MP with a user.script saved in a different way than Unicode?

Laetus

As per request from Demokritos, i had mentioned to him in PMs about a website that has the construction of Samurai armor piece by piece, stitch by stitch. so he thought i should share it here. so enjoy the art of armor smithing and learning a bit about the history of Samurai armors http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/katchu/katchu.html

-KILLSHOT

Quote Originally Posted by KILLSHOT187 View Post
    As per request from Demokritos, i had mentioned to him in PMs about a website that has the construction of Samurai armor piece by piece, stitch by stitch. so he thought i should share it here. so enjoy the art of armor smithing and learning a bit about the history of Samurai armors http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/katchu/katchu.html

-KILLSHOT
    Great site! Thank you, KILLSHOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Demokritos View Post
    Oh, just sent you another PM in response to your last Q before noticing that you've already got the new show up and running, as those screenies prove. Good! Yes, that's the latest ACC for you.
    Thanks a lot for helping bro, I think the game looks a lot more realistic now, and Date looks really badass with that black armor, I haven't had the time to play with the other clans but I'm looking forward to try, awesome mod

Btw, just a thought, are you planning on doing color mod for ROTS units?

Btw, just a thought, are you planning on doing color mod for ROTS units?
    No, I don't think I'll turn to ROTS next, razr. First of all, CA seems to have done a better job colouring those units than with those in the original game (this is my impression after playing only very little with the ROTS expansion, however). Secondly, a project like that takes up too much of my time. Already spent far more than expected with S2. Things in RL now demand more of my attention.

But, with the next game in the TW series, I might feel a great itch to do something about appearance of the units again. Some time in the future.

Greater sense of realism and feel for each faction has been my goal when doing ACC. Makes for greater interest and immersion effect for me. Hopefully for you guys, too.

Would be fun to hear one day which new uniform you all like best.

No, I don't think I'll turn to ROTS next, razr. First of all, CA seems to have done a better job colouring those units than with those in the original game (this is my impression after playing only very little with the ROTS expansion, however). Secondly, a project like that takes up too much of my time. Already spent far more than expected with S2. Things in RL now demand more of my attention.

But, with the next game in the TW series, I might feel a great itch to do something about appearance of the units again. Some time in the future.

Greater sense of realism and feel for each faction has been my goal when doing ACC. Makes for greater interest and immersion effect for me. Hopefully for you guys, too.

Would be fun to hear one day which new uniform you all like best.

Come to think of it I completely agree with you man, they really did a good job with the vanilla colors in ROTS, and speaking of which, I'm definitely looking forward for any future mod made by you Demo

And I wish CA knew about this forum (maybe they did know? someone need to enlighten me) and they can improve their future products by taking examples from color mods like this (for me the default armors in this game looks real bland and boring).

So far I tried playing with different clans already, and I love Date, Takeda and Shimazu clan uniforms (since they're also my favorite clans to use in custom battles
    ), and Hattori looks real badass too bro, holy shiz, and I think I'm getting really addicted to this game ever since I used several mods including yours, and next time I'll take a couple of screenshots of your mod and post it here

Come to think of it I completely agree with you man, they really did a good job with the vanilla colors in ROTS, and speaking of which, I'm definitely looking forward for any future mod made by you Demo

And I wish CA knew about this forum (maybe they did know? someone need to enlighten me) and they can improve their future products by taking examples from color mods like this (for me the default armors in this game looks real bland and boring).

So far I tried playing with different clans already, and I love Date, Takeda and Shimazu clan uniforms (since they're also my favorite clans to use in custom battles
    ), and Hattori looks real badass too bro, holy shiz, and I think I'm getting really addicted to this game ever since I used several mods including yours, and next time I'll take a couple of screenshots of your mod and post it here
    Addicted, you say? Heheh. Yes, that's trouble with enhancement mods for good games. They might get you hooked pretty bad...

Really looking forward to see some shots of your campaigns, razr. I haven't seen much of my own mod in that sphere myself, you know, being restricted to custom battles for control of factions and units shown etc, and that's not the same as all the variety of natural settings experienced when actually playing the game.

IMO, the Ikko-ikki or the Hojo are probably my best work among the major factions, if including the whole uniform + banner package. Among the minor factions, the Sakai, Bessho and Matsuda come to mind as some of my favourites. To mention just a few.

Excerpts from my current Otomo campaign with TROM3:

Will be gone on a trip over the weekend. Will not be able to check this thread until I come back. So, enjoy yourselves now, will you?

Not sure if this "other version of game" is due to the use of a user.script or Unicode setting. Did I understand you correctly that you got the "textures" working before in MP with a user.script saved in a different way than Unicode?
    Yes when i saved user.script as normal txt without unicode some of textures worked, but later i think they stopped, i played MP games with user.script saved without unicde without any problems.

After you told me to save it with unicode option all textures worked but when i entered MP battles list all server names were red and when i tried to join any of them i received message and it was saying that i have other version of game.
    I removed user.script file and i was able to play MP, so if i want to play with somebody MP he needs to have these textures installed or you have to remove user.script file.

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Addicted, you say? Heheh. Yes, that's trouble with enhancement mods for good games. They might get you hooked pretty bad...

Really looking forward to see some shots of your campaigns, razr. I haven't seen much of my own mod in that sphere myself, you know, being restricted to custom battles for control of factions and units shown etc, and that's not the same as all the variety of natural settings experienced when actually playing the game.

IMO, the Ikko-ikki or the Hojo are probably my best work among the major factions, if including the whole uniform + banner package. Among the minor factions, the Sakai, Bessho and Matsuda come to mind as some of my favourites. To mention just a few.

Will be gone on a trip over the weekend. Will not be able to check this thread until I come back. So, enjoy yourselves now, will you?
    nice pictures
    I like retextures on otomo!
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; January 27, 2012 at 01:02 PM.

Yeah, the game itself by default is one of the best RTS experience ever for me, I got really addicted to it since the first time I bought it, and now with all the good mods installed just doubles the fun

I haven't played much of campaign yet bro, custom and historical battles is the main beef of this game for me haha, with the occasional avatar conquest with a bunch of friends, but yes I'll take some screenshots of campaign later on too. Last time I played campaign the game keeps crashing like every 15-20 min and it frustrates me a lot, but earlier today I started a new game with Shimazu, so expect some screenshots soon

Enjoy your trip Demo, see you soon

Back from my trip.

Yes when i saved user.script as normal txt without unicode some of textures worked, but later i think they stopped, i played MP games with user.script saved without unicde without any problems.

After you told me to save it with unicode option all textures worked but when i entered MP battles list all server names were red and when i tried to join any of them i received message and it was saying that i have other version of game.
    I removed user.script file and i was able to play MP, so if i want to play with somebody MP he needs to have these textures installed or you have to remove user.script file.
    I see.

Q for clarity: if all players in a given MP game have ACC installed and the user.script saved in Unicode, then it works without problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Noif View Post
    nice pictures
    I like retextures on otomo!
    Thank you, Noif. Yeah, I kind of like the Otomo clan, too. But there are many clans I like to play as now...

Yeah, the game itself by default is one of the best RTS experience ever for me, I got really addicted to it since the first time I bought it, and now with all the good mods installed just doubles the fun

I haven't played much of campaign yet bro, custom and historical battles is the main beef of this game for me haha, with the occasional avatar conquest with a bunch of friends, but yes I'll take some screenshots of campaign later on too. Last time I played campaign the game keeps crashing like every 15-20 min and it frustrates me a lot, but earlier today I started a new game with Shimazu, so expect some screenshots soon

Enjoy your trip Demo, see you soon
    Thanks, mate. It was not a trip for fun but I'm very glad I did it anyway.

OK, Shimazu coming up here soon, folks! Anyone else with shots of ACC in action?

But what do you think causes those crashes in campaign, razr? It must be possible to solve that problem.

Thanks, mate. It was not a trip for fun but I'm very glad I did it anyway.

OK, Shimazu coming up here soon, folks! Anyone else with shots of ACC in action?

But what do you think causes those crashes in campaign, razr? It must be possible to solve that problem.
    Welcome back man, I only managed to take a screenshot of a battle between Ikko Ikki and Mori, I can't play too much campaign cuz it's getting really frustrating with all the crashings and stuff

About the campaign I'm not really sure what happened, tbh, it's totally random and unpredictable, sometimes it crashed every 15-20 min, no matter on the world map or battle, it's really frustrating, I verified my game cache a lot of times, and it always tells me that they need to retrieve 10 files and the file size is 30mb all the time but it doesn't seem to fix anything, really, lol. (With or without mods, the results are still the same, it just crashed randomly.