Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: How to create a custom unit in Pack File Manager

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Default Re: How to create a custom unit in Pack File Manager

Despite what PFM is telling you, the fourth column is where you sit the UnitIDRef. That should deal with your issue .

Like this:

UniformIDRef | FactionIDRef | Soldier unit_variant | UnitIDRef | Officer unit_variant | Standard bearer unit_variant | Pointless Column | Unit type definition (not entirely sure where this leads)
    Last edited by Akaie; April 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Sorry that I don't understand the whole thing but in which columns have I to set the Azure Dragon Force (or better, don't change anything after cloning the Azure Dragon Force row) and in which column have I to change the Azure_Dragon_Force to Black_Panther_Force ? Actually I don't really understand what you mean, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Anton III View Post
    Despite what PFM is telling you, the fourth column is where you sit the UnitIDRef.
    Is there any specific reason people don't provide updates to the column names they found to be wrong?
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Akaie's Avatar Sangi Ukon'e no Chūjō

Perhaps a lack of awareness. I see a fair few columns the values of which I can define, so once I have a heap of time I will go through and provide a hopefully big chunk of info.

The S2 Onin War Mod | Boshin: Total Domains
    Patron of Erwin Rommel
    Under the proud patronage of Radious

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorLucky View Post
    I created a unit and a ship for fots.
    I have the portrait icon for the land unit but not the ship.
    Also, I do not have the unit names on screen for the ship nor the land unit.
    ship unit card are in patch##.pack
    db -> naval_uniform_tables -> naval_uniform

unit names on screen are in local_en_patch.pack
    text -> db -> units.loc

Hello, I need some help with my unit mod which only has one unit atm. I've tried to get this thing to work but it doesn't seem to cooperate, could anyone help me figure it out.

Attachment 216481

Thanks in advance.

If you create a new faction specific unit based on an existing unit (i.e. Chosokabe Bow Cav) if you reference in the faction_exclusive db "Chosokabe- regular Bow Cav - FALSE", do you have to physically have the regular Bow Cav in the rest of the db's in your .pack for it to reference the unit id ref from, or can the game reference to other .pack's?
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by rob-a-dogg View Post
    If you create a new faction specific unit based on an existing unit (i.e. Chosokabe Bow Cav) if you reference in the faction_exclusive db "Chosokabe- regular Bow Cav - FALSE", do you have to physically have the regular Bow Cav in the rest of the db's in your .pack for it to reference the unit id ref from, or can the game reference to other .pack's?
    It should be enough if it is present in another pack (i.e., one of CA's).
    You do need it in the same pack if you're using PFM's combo box cells, but since you're editing with tsv export, that shouldn't be an issue for you.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Yes, it took me a while to figure out the box combo thing, as when i imported the tsv which referenced the original CA units (working off of patch 18 as my mod is for the Sengoju campaign) and got errors mentioning a box combo i didnt understand what a box combo was. Then I saw the tick box up the top and that solved the issue. I believe i figured out my ctd issue, forgot to add in the abilities/technology junction db. edit: I must say that the combo boxes are pretty cool for finding missing id refs so A+++ to who evers idea that feature was

see my attached image for my current db tree.
    The tables are all complete and correct to the best of my knowledge, except for the text loc. files. The variant models are just a throw back to the original .pack i used to import my modified tsv's into which was IGdood's naginata ashugaru, which are still all intact within my pack for now so they shouldnt be causing the problem.

If the abilities db doesnt fix the problem i will make copies of my pack and delete all but 1 or 2 units in each and try see which one is causing problems.

So far the only units i have are all from the sengoku campaign (so should be no links to F/RotS, although I do own both), vanilla units like loan sword ashu, onni, and also new clan specific units. Incase im missing something stupid off the top of my head i have:
    kisho ninja
    bow cav
    yari cav
    katana cav
    yari ashu
    yari katana
    naginata sam
    naginata warrior monks
    Ronin (all 3)
    both Wako (not mori raider)
    yari hero
    monk hero
    onni
    warrior nun
    All in the pack. Now I assume none of these units have special db's that they need that i dont have (other then abilities/technologies junction)

Edit:
    Got into custom battle with, and built in campaign one of my units
    Nothing needed the tech_junction db as they were all determined by the buildings required, which in turn require the techs.
    What did the trick was the abilities_junction db Still dont have any .loc files for a single of my units, and in custom battle on the army builder screen when the cursor hovers over a new unit the entire screen goes dim, which I assume is as a result of the lack of .loc files.

Also still have to go through units and units_stats to balance everything, however the units are in game and appear to work as intended and nothing immediately crashes
    Last edited by rob-a-dogg; April 26, 2012 at 06:44 AM.
    ----------------------
    Shameless DarthMod Fanatic

I followed this tutorial in an attempt to make fire rocket kachi for FoTS.

I have gone over the pack file many times, but I still cannot figure out why whenever I try to load it (put it in my data file) I get a crash on startup with windows saying "shogun 2 has stopped working".

I'm pretty much a noob at this, and this is my first attempt at a new unit mod. Im uploading my pack file in the hope that someone with some experience might take the time to find what is wrong. I would be very grateful.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I followed this tutorial every step and I got a custom unit working(nodachi), however I tried to make another one(bow cav), but the game won't load. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanator View Post
    I followed this tutorial in an attempt to make fire rocket kachi for FoTS.

I have gone over the pack file many times, but I still cannot figure out why whenever I try to load it (put it in my data file) I get a crash on startup with windows saying "shogun 2 has stopped working".
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanator View Post

I'm pretty much a noob at this, and this is my first attempt at a new unit mod. Im uploading my pack file in the hope that someone with some experience might take the time to find what is wrong. I would be very grateful.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

No need to worry about this now. I have found that
    weirdoascensor, has already made a mod with this unit working in-game, so If I really need to know how to do this I can look at his pack. (I want to make fire rocket ninjas now. Fire rockets, but with less ammo, squad size, and more expensive, but packing ninja uniforms and hiding abilities. Just because I can. )

i've been trying to add a general unit but it doesn't seem to work. i tried adding Baba Nobufasa and Yamamoto Kansuke and the other 24 generals of Takeda Shingen everytime i open the game it crashes to desktop. how can i try to make it work?

where is the text db, i cant find units.loc

I believe local_en.pack

Thanks for the help. But now i have another problem, every time i make something it either doesn't work, or it has a locked icon. What should i do?

I'm trying to create a feudal Japan commando-like unit and I'm having 2 problems. One: how do you turn of the Frightens Enemy-ability? And two: how can you make a unit climb walls fast and without losses, ninja-style?

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbogoat View Post
    I'm trying to create a feudal Japan commando-like unit and I'm having 2 problems. One: how do you turn of the Frightens Enemy-ability? And two: how can you make a unit climb walls fast and without losses, ninja-style?
    Perhaps easier to base off a ninja-unit and change the values you want so the unit has the combat ability you want?

But, there should be a field for "Scares Enemies" in units_stats_land. It's a True/False toggle.

The climbing walls part, I'm not sure, that's why I threw the idea of starting from, say, Kisho Ninja or the like. They also don't have any ability to frighten enemies. Just thought it might kill your two birds, as the saying goes.

Been a while since i posted here, but was trying to pick up unit editing again. I was wondering if it was possible for me to mod a rifleman unit to fire a gatling gun-like rifle, or an armstrong hand-cannon. Would be sweet as heck.

Sorry, one last thing. Any way to edit a unit's movement speed in battle? Also, can't seem to get my units to climb walls fast either. The toggle for "use grappling hooks" doesn't seem to work properly.