Thread: changing the size of land stacks?

Default changing the size of land stacks?

i was wondering if we can change the size of stacks? i was looking through the pack files and am afraid this is probably not possible. it's always been the same size for TW games, 20 all time right?

there's plenty of usage of 20, especially with lua and interface (units in stack highlighting for example), so even if it was possible i'd guess there would be a lot of other changes required to make it work

i was just wondering if maybe i overlooked a rule entry. i mean afterall, in the options the fleet size affects the stack sizes of fleets.. so maybe there's something that can be changed? hopefull i know

as to why i'd like to change the stack sizes, i find that i enjoy the early game the most, where stack are generally (at least mine are) not fully maxed out. making them smaller i think would be fun to experiment

Default Re: changing the size of land stacks?

I'm not sure you can change stacks but you can change the number of men per unit through ESF.

A tutorial can be found here---->http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=438439

The great thing about this tut is that it only edits the size of each unit for your faction only. So you can easily outnumber the AI. Some may consider that a downside to editing through ESF though.
    Qui desiderant pacem praeparet belleum (Let him who wants peace prepare for war)
    ~Vegatius

I am the successor, not of Louis XVI, but of Charlemagne
    ~Napoleon Bonaparte