Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Persia Campaign difficulty

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

Default Re: Persia Campaign difficulty

Of course.

there is a rebel city to your west, exterminate it for a good cash bonus... it is also a wealthy region with a port. Sail to arabia and develop the coastal regions (2 rebel settlements)... then build ports in both, it is vital for your trade wealth. It goes without saying that you should get ports rigged up in your starting regions asap. Prepare for war on all sides, babilu and mada will regularly attack that rebel city you conquered, saba will eventually try and take the arabian provinces so fortify maka and the (former) rebel city with 8 units. Mada also has a mild obsession for taoka for whatever reason.

Playing mods without getting to grips with vanilla is not a good idea... well you could try roma surrectum with 0 turn recruitment. It is impossible to fail, unlike ROP

Rinan's Avatar Centenarius

Just wondering, isn't going for Arabia an unhistorical move. So in case you try to play it "historical", you shouldn't go for Arabia I think? Gameplaywise holding all of the Persian Gulf has great economical benefits, of course!

Also, don't know which mod is a good mod for less experienced players... Don't have much experience with Roma Surrectum, planning on trying out a campaign but everytime I try one I just feel like I prefer Europa Barbarorum... But still, I should play a few dozens of turns before formign an opinion, I guess. Point is, Roma Surrectum doesn't seem quite so easy either, and with 0-turn recruitment resulting in a lot of big armies, and the new buildings, it might be overwhelming for a new player. Rise of Persia feels a lot more like vanilla I think.

those 2 arab regions are vital for your naval trade, there is no choice but to take them. An easy faction for newbies would be taras, they are isolated from the other factions and can develop at their own pace

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
    I'm finding it impossible to survive as Persia. There aren't enough economic buildings and getting out of debt is very hard. If I can barely balance the budget I can't conquer anyone, since they have more regions controlled than me.
    I usually play VH/VH, but i'm doing this H/VH and doing fine, tons of money, crushing Babylon and Media, just hard to reinforce armies and Injuns started sending hordes of longbowmen and elephants

persia is a tough faction because it forces you to blitzkrieg, you cannot consolidate and play defensively because you are surrounded by powerful hostile factions. Basically blitz like a mofo

I found Athens really easy too, take the islands which have smaller rebel garrisons than mainland cities, then win one big battle against Lakedaimon (granted this is never easy), and you pretty much all of the Balkans is open to you.

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Sparta is even easier.

1. Take that first town with all your troops;
    2. Take Pelopponese;
    3. Take Athens;
    4. ...
    5. You win.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahwana View Post
    guys, try to have proper respect for women.

Just my 2 cent, I can't stand seeing boys being rude to girls.

And what about girls being rude to men? Or anyone in general? I find it is often the case that women don't have respect for anyone or anything, not even themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by knight who says nee View Post
    Basically blitz like a mofo

That is the best Persian strategy I have heard from anyone.

DarthLazy's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Thats the best strategy for any faction
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Real imperialism is shown by Western apologists who are defending Ukraine's brutal occupation of Novorossija.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Sovereignty of Ukraine was recognized by Yeltsin and died with him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123