Thread: bugs and problems

Icon14 bugs and problems

I want to start of by saying this is a fantastic mod that has great potential. I like how you used sound clips from the great movie zulu.

With that being said there are a few bugs and problems i would like to point out in custom battles

1) The options have to be reset each time you open the game.

2) The battle interface has a few problems. The floating flags seems to never be present, and once you toggle one of the battle interface options the mini map seems to disapear and never come back. The maxim and other artillery have their firing zone backwards.

3) The unit cards dont have names for them. for example almost all of the british line infantry have a name such as (line infantry)

4) most of the british units have the same stats which brings very little variety to the battlefield.

I would also like to know if there was any way to change how much money is available to you in the custom battles. Keep up the good work. I am eagerly anticipating the release of a campaign mod for the zulu wars.

If you guys need any historical information, my family possess books and are very knowledgeable on the zulu wars. My brother paints zulus and british miniatures (15mm) and has done some great work. If any of you would be interested in purchasing zulu/british diaramas please contact me at matekaitis1@yahoo.com For example my brother has created a 4ft by 4ft historical diarama from a segment of the battle of isandlwana in the past (15mm). We currently posses a model of the battle of rorkes drift. He has also painted romans, gauls, napoleonic, and WWII (All 15mm).
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Default Re: bugs and problems

One of the most frustrating things with this mod, which otherwise I love, is that playing the Oriental Campaign, after some turns and reloading saved games, it starts CTD and it makes it impossible to continue. At least that's what's happened to me in two campaigns.

burnzi92's Avatar Laetus

My 3 problems are these:

1) The options that you have to change every time (mentioned already).

2) If i set the unit size to small (which i do because i am currently playing on a laptop with crappy graphics) the artillery cant fire (gatling gun has one man - on the horse).

3) Sometimes on a big battle the game stops working as the units start moving e.g. i move my sikhali horse forward as the zulus are marching forward and the games shuts down?)

The only major problem out of these is 3), however how much this is the mod and how much is NTW im not certain, because this game always used to shut down at the end of the battle of borodino?

Great mod though

burnzi92's Avatar Laetus

The campaign map lags like hell after a couple of turn for me, but its usually like that on the NTW campaigns for me.

Quote Originally Posted by burnzi92 View Post
    My 3 problems are these:

1) The options that you have to change every time (mentioned already).

2) If i set the unit size to small (which i do because i am currently playing on a laptop with crappy graphics) the artillery cant fire (gatling gun has one man - on the horse).

3) Sometimes on a big battle the game stops working as the units start moving e.g. i move my sikhali horse forward as the zulus are marching forward and the games shuts down?)

The only major problem out of these is 3), however how much this is the mod and how much is NTW im not certain, because this game always used to shut down at the end of the battle of borodino?

Great mod though
    The campaign map lags like hell after a couple of turn for me, but its usually like that on the NTW campaigns for me.
    I think all of these except 1 are mainly computer issues. I haven't experienced any shut downs or lag, but maybe it's just overwhelming your computer? I think the mod team could potentially fix the problems with custom battle options and perhaps unit size to help accomodate you in a future patch, but I don't know if that will happen.

burnzi92's Avatar Laetus

The computer definitely has something to do with it. I will be upgrading a soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    One of the most frustrating things with this mod, which otherwise I love, is that playing the Oriental Campaign, after some turns and reloading saved games, it starts CTD and it makes it impossible to continue. At least that's what's happened to me in two campaigns.

That's what has happened to me and I can't seem to figure out why. Fantastic mod otherwise, really was enjoying it!
    "If I can't dance, I don't want to be part of your revolution."
    - Emma Goldman

AARS:

In Progress:
    1 - The Guns of Hochland (Call of Warhammer Medieval II Modification)
    2 - No Emperors, No Shoguns (Shogun II)

zzzms's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by General Gordon View Post
    I too have this problem. The battles are fantastic, I purposely send in under strength armies for some proper 'backs-to-the-wall-my-god-there's-thousands-of-'em action.

BrotherSurplice's Avatar Semisalis

Yeah this mod CTDs like hell in the campaign battles, and I also have the issues with options having to be changed every time. I seriously doubt that it is my computer that is doing this. It can play The Great War mod and vanilla NTW just fine.

EDIT 1: The mod is now completely unplayable. EVERY time I try to have a battle, either in campaign or playing a custom battle, the mod game just CTDs. As soon as I've finished deploying my trrops and have pressed the "start battle" button, the game CTDs. Is there some sort of fix that I need to download? I installed manually, if thats important.

EDIT 2: I tried verifying the game's cache on steam. That fixed the custom battles, but the campaign is now screwed. Am now re-doing the manual install of the mod.

EDIT 3: That seems to have brought it back to normal.
    Last edited by BrotherSurplice; November 15, 2011 at 06:02 PM.

I find my Oriental campaign does suffer ctd after a few turns, vanilla works fine and so does the TGW mod version but with Oriental, like I said after a few turns it ctds on me which is incredibly frustrating considering how good the mod is, minus this issue

I have the same problem as many of us here. everytime i play a battle in the oriental campaing it CTD,the funny thing about all this is that I can play the battle for a while but it always freezes for a second then it CTD. it happens every battle i play in the campaing, i think it happens randomly at some point of the battle (but it seems to happen more often during charges, building ocuppations, advices). I'am using a manually installed version of the mod.

Laetus

i cannot for the life of me manage to get this mod working i have tried the self installer and the Manuel install but when i go to run the mod it stays on the loading screen with the 3 zulu's on it the one in the middle standing on the corpse of the british soldier. I dont know why it wont run i do everything im supposed to

T&D's Avatar Vicarius

Anybody know how to avoid the ctd's during battles???