Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unique Units for Major Factions - 1.1 Updated 16/4

Icon1 Unique Units for Major Factions - 1.1 Updated 16/4

Overview While I was playing the campaign, I found myself a bit disappointed that every faction used nearly the same units. With the release of the new PFM, I decided to give the ten major factions their own versions of vanilla units so that I could individually tweak them and give factions a little bit of variety. Although I created these units for my own personal use, I decided to release this as a unit pack for anyone who may have wanted to do something similar. Adding units can be a very time consuming process, so if nothing else, hopefully this will save some people a little time if they wish to give factions their own unit strengths and weaknesses.

Let me be clear though: this mod does NOT offer any gameplay tweaks, nor does it modify any unit stats, and I have no plans to do anything like that in the future, so please do not ask for it. All this mod does is give each major faction its own version of vanilla units. This mod is for people who want to be able to mod unit stats for each faction individually. For example, each faction now has their own version of Naginata Samurai, not just the Hattori. However, the new units will have the stats of the vanilla Naginata Samurai, not the Hattori version. The purpose of this is to let YOU decide how you want to tweak the units for each individual faction. The units should be available both for custom games and the campaign.

This mod won't be anything extensive like AUM-SHO, and I don't have a lot of future plans for it, but I may add a few things here and there, and I will do my best to fix any bugs that people may find. Also, if there are some slight changes or fixes that you would like done, I might be willing to release a separate version with the changes.

As you might guess, this contains a lot of new units (over 200), so I do not have time to verify that each individual unit works as it should. If you find anything wrong, let me know and I will see if I can fix the problem. If you have any additional ideas, feel free to post those as well.

Units Each faction now has their own version of the following units:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    European Cannons
    Fire Projecting Mangonels
    Fire Rockets
    Bow Cavalry
    Great Guard
    Light Cavalry
    Yari Cavalry
    Katana Cavalry
    Naginata Samurai
    Naginata Warrior Monk Hero
    Naginata Warrior Monks
    Bow Ashigaru
    Bow Hero
    Bow Samurai
    Bow Warrior Monks
    Matchlock Ashigaru
    Matchlock Samurai
    Matchlock Warrior Monks
    Yari Ashigaru
    Yari Hero
    Yari Samurai
    Fire Bomb Throwers
    Kisho Ninja
    Katana Hero
    Katana Samurai
    No-Dachi Samurai
    Naginata Warrior Monk Cavalry
    Loan Sword Ashigaru
    Yari Ronin
    Katana Ronin
    Bow Wako
    Katana Wako
    Onna Bushi
    Samurai Retainers

Screenshots I don't really understand the request for screenshots, but here are some for the Mori faction showing the unique units.

Changelog Version 1.1 - 16/4/11
    Added the following 8 units:
    -Naginata Warrior Monk Cavalry
    -Loan Sword Ashigaru
    -Yari Ronin
    -Katana Ronin
    -Bow Wako
    -Katana Wako
    -Onna Bushi
    -Samurai Retainers

Version 1.1 has also been added to UPC-SHO. Big thanks to Swiss H for his support.

Installation and Uninstallation To install, just unzip into your data directory. To uninstall, either delete the pack or move it out of the data directory. If, after removing this mod, you are having problems with the game crashing when trying to play a custom battle or on the main screen, deleting the files in the following directories should fix the problem:
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\army_setups
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\battle_preferences

If you are using a language other than English, you won't be able to see some of the unit names in-game. To fix this problem, download Swiss H's UPC-SHO for your language. It currently supports version 1.0 of this mod and you can download it -here-

Compatibility Notes This mod only adds units, so there shouldn't be any issues with it conflicting with other mods, however, since it gives factions their own versions of units, any mod that changes unit stats will not have an effect on the new units, because those mods change the vanilla units (although the minor factions still use vanilla units). Any other mod that changes things other than units should work fine.

Swiss H has confirmed that this mod does work with his AUM-SHO mod.
    Last edited by Aira; April 29, 2011 at 02:42 AM.

TheJian's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Unique Units for Major Factions

This is actually a good ideal.
    Boys want quantity, while men seek quality.
    Mere external facts cannot serve as a ground of reasoning.
    What we are able to learn is greatly dependent upon what we already know. Different people with different amounts of information will UNDERSTAND different.
    "That until you understand white supremacy everything else will confuse you" ~Neely Fuller~
    There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in ever lasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.
    They came before Columbus - Dr Ivan Van Sertima

No, that isn't a banana

Great idea! This should help diversify some of the factions a wee bit with some stat tweaking.

Can someone post screen shots please! sounds like a great idea

Quote Originally Posted by totalwarfreek321 View Post
    The mod only clones the vanilla units to give each factions their own version for stat tweaking. There is no change to any unit appearances, so I didn't feel that screenshots were necessary.

This could be used as a template for future mods, great idea +rep

Libertus

I have installed the mod in shogun 2 data then i have desinstalled it and now i can't play custom battles, could you explain please?

Quote Originally Posted by tonio59 View Post
    I have installed the mod in shogun 2 data then i have desinstalled it and now i can't play custom battles, could you explain please?
    Deleting the files from the following folders should fix your issue:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\army_setups
    C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\battle_preferences

Libertus

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by tonio59 View Post
    Thank you
    No problem. I've added this information to the OP in case anyone else is having the same issue and wondering how to fix it.

I have plans to add a couple more units to the mod within the next day or so as well

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Halberdier View Post
    Very good idea and nice unique units mod! +rep

It works with AUM-SHO and I will include your unique unit names into the next UPC-SHO.
    I thought it would be compatible, but it's nice to have confirmation.

Thanks so much for your support

Thank you for your great mod
    So if I want to edit unit stats with hex editor, should I unpack your file or shogun 2 original data file?
    Sorry for my bad English

Quote Originally Posted by hellwalker View Post
    Thank you for your great mod
    So if I want to edit unit stats with hex editor, should I unpack your file or shogun 2 original data file?
    Sorry for my bad English
    No worries If you want to edit the unit stats, you should modify the files in my pack. Also, rather than hex editing, it is much easier to use the pack file manager.

Quote Originally Posted by totalwarfreek321 View Post
    Quo usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patientia nostra? quam diu etiam furor iste tuus nos eludet? quem ad finem sese effrenata iactabit audacia?

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Sorry but no screenshots no downloads....

EDIT: downloaded

No names for some units.... French version ?
    Last edited by Brips; April 15, 2011 at 01:39 PM.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Maybe in addition to names, appearances could be changed a little here and there too?

Seems like a nice touch for heroes at least. Uesugi heroes and bodyguards could have the appearance of monks for example.

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

What about adding vanilla hidden units like Ronins, Wako units, Sword Asiagaru?

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/s...mod/38684.html

This mod adds the hidden units.

Though it does add variety, most of them aren't better then some of the other units you can already make, there just extra. The only ones I think that are worth having are the monk units.
    Iz Blowz upz BUNNIEZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    Sorry but no screenshots no downloads....

EDIT: downloaded

No names for some units.... French version ?
    Sorry, only an English version at the moment. I will look into adding more languages soon though, if Swiss has not yet updated his UPC project

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Maybe in addition to names, appearances could be changed a little here and there too?

Seems like a nice touch for heroes at least. Uesugi heroes and bodyguards could have the appearance of monks for example.
    Hmm, I think I like the Uesugi idea. I will look into changing the hero appearances to monks. Changing other appearances though would probably require some texture editing, which is not really something I would be good at.

Quote Originally Posted by Radious View Post
    What about adding vanilla hidden units like Ronins, Wako units, Sword Asiagaru?
    I was planning to do this soon! I will probably start later today

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast