Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Great Conflicts: Videos [Magyars promo video released].

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: The Great Conflicts: Trailer

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    You/we should be glad only the thematic armies are used. The result might've been different if he was facing a member of the tagmatic forces (or not).

And great video, MasterBigAb! +rep
    MBA revealed by accident some of the "tagmatic" units...
    But the main goal of the video was to show how our units [models/animations/horses] work ingame.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

I meant the duel at the end - I presume the Roman was a thematic soldier.

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

Yeah but if it was a better roman then he would be killed by bagatur's headshot arrow

caus you know
    "Even if the sun would have come down, I would have never thought that the Moesian [Bulgarian] arrows were stronger than the Avzonian [Roman, Byzantine] spears.
    ... And when you, Phaethon [Sun], descend to the earth with your gold-shining chariot, tell the great soul of the Caesar: The Danube [Bulgaria] took the crown of Rome. The arrows of the Moesians broke the spears of the Avzonians."

John Kyriotes Geometres on the battle of the Gates of Trajan.[50]

Btw don't you guys think that the bulgarians look too much nomadic/turcic.... I mean in the next versionns we might need to change the heads to slavianic-like ones but with a bit darker skin and dark hair ?
    Last edited by gogo t; April 16, 2011 at 04:06 AM.
    MORAL

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Maybe, but it's not like they've never beaten us either. Sometimes fortune was on our side, sometimes - on theirs.
    And, yeah, some face-changes might be apropriate, though we should keep some of the current heads for occasional use as well (and for the Pechenegs etc. maybe). Hmm, maybe I should make some photos of myself? I look like the perfect Slav (although I no longer have long hairs and beards etc).

Well, yes, some face changes would be appropriate.

I can give you pictures of myself too But I also look more slavic, though my father is dark

I actually have a book where there are some very good ficitional portraits of bulgarian rulers from that time period. It might be useful.
    Last edited by Thinkerman; April 16, 2011 at 05:40 AM.
    Proud Tsardoms: Total war Concept Artist.

Best of my work for Tsardoms: TW [link]
    thinkerman.deviantart.com/

neoptolemos's Avatar Breatannach Romanus

"TGC Bulgarian Face pageant"
    Quem faz injúria vil e sem razão,Com forças e poder em que está posto,Não vence; que a vitória verdadeira É saber ter justiça nua e inteira-He who, solely to oppress,Employs or martial force, or power, achieves No victory; but a true victory Is gained,when justice triumphs and prevails.
    Luís de Camões

Lуra's Avatar Praeses

Okay...um....wait....

WOW!

The Dread Pirate Roberts IV

Congragulations and wish u luck at your mod project my dear MasterBigAb and AnthoniusII.
    Of course +rep to the master, for this great video...

Wait until Koultouras see what are you saying about heads.
    Its true that just like our early Thematic models and the Bulgarian ones have more "rusichi" heads than the later models of ours that the main creators are Koultouras ,Absinthia ,Mathaeus and as textures Leif Erikson.
    Koultouras created a large pack of heads with dozens of hair and beard varietions! Absithia's ,Koultouras and my head are some of real heads that will be incluted. In fact he used my head with streched eyes and chin to create new Petzeneg head...
    So NikeBG you can post your head's photos in Koultouras' workshop to became a basis for new heads.
    But any kind of new additions will take place near release of the mod because we do not wish to interupt the evolution of the rosters that follow.
    To any one that wishes to contribute his fase please post a couple of pictures (front and side) in the main discussion thread and i will colect them and post them in Koultouras' workshop too!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Another great example of BigAb´s skills... hope to see more

Bagatyr's Avatar Campidoctor

So NikeBG you can post your head's photos in Koultouras' workshop to became a basis for new heads.
    But any kind of new additions will take place near release of the mod because we do not wish to interupt the evolution of the rosters that follow.
    To any one that wishes to contribute his fase please post a couple of pictures (front and side) in the main discussion thread and i will colect them and post them in Koultouras' workshop too!
    i can help for the face of the bulgars i have materialse and anthropology for the bulgars VII-X century .If you want ? .The main is that they are probably Pamir-Fergana type of racial

There are some tagmata units used here too, right? I thought the charging cavalry was the Scholarii and the heavy infantry was a unit of Excubitores. Btw, shouldn't the Menaulatoi have a secondary sword-like weapon to stand against other heavy infantry also?

Quote Originally Posted by Hektor27 View Post
    There are some tagmata units used here too, right? I thought the charging cavalry was the Scholarii and the heavy infantry was a unit of Excubitores. Btw, shouldn't the Menaulatoi have a secondary sword-like weapon to stand against other heavy infantry also?
    The "blue"Tagmatic horsemen are "Hikkanati" [gr: Ικκανάτοι].
    We could add secondary sword to every infantry unit of our mod but i am afraid that then they could not stand defensivly against cavalry as well.
    The spearmen units have swords as decorative items to mention that warriors did use secondary weapons. But Menaulati are primary an anti cavalry unit like scutati and we want them like this. There is an exeption though and that is our Kontarati that use both pikes and swords as a multi role unit.
    Romans will have a melee units gap that they must fill it with merceneries like:
    Rus sailors, Varangs etc...TGC has a structure that every unit is essential for its role and players will be forced to use it soon or later.
    Our motto is "beware of the humble ones"...no more to say.

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

in my eyes anymore this mod is beyond 1648,bc3,dominion,shizoku etc.this is the best mod.i ll play 2 of that muslim nations plus peçeneks.this week chandax preview comming ya?

Quote Originally Posted by karaislam View Post
    in my eyes anymore this mod is beyond 1648,bc3,dominion,shizoku etc.this is the best mod.i ll play 2 of that muslim nations plus peçeneks.this week chandax preview comming ya?
    Thank you for your kind words.
    The Chandax preview will be close to Easter (a couple days earlier or a couple of days later).

karaislam's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Thank you for your kind words.
    The Chandax preview will be close to Easter (a couple days earlier or a couple of days later).
    nice i ve been waiting.as soon as this released i ll reinstall kingdoms.nowadays playing only empire.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

About the "thematic" I used the fight in the end cause it was the nicest animation + best position (away ffrom the main army so i could set the camera were I wanted without "glitching" into other units) So the message was like Anthonius said the presentation not ny historical or faction specific thematic or whatever

Thanks for all the compliments, please direct them and the rep to the creators of this mod, for I only did a few seconds moved pictures with their work

Great trailer for a great mod.....

Quote Originally Posted by morfeasnikos View Post
    Great trailer for a great mod.....
    Ha...our avatars look similar...
    Wait to see the next preview..i a couple of days!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Ha...our avatars look similar...
    Wait to see the next preview..i a couple of days!
    Yes they r similar...
    I will wait.....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast