Thread: RTW 1.5 won't load

Default RTW 1.5 won't load

I just recently installed the MOD for the RTW1.5 and it is not working. When I try to open from the shortcut on the desktop the title screen laods and then the game crashes. Any idea on how I can fix this?

I am fully patched to 1.5 on my RTW and it is a clean install.

Default Re: RTW 1.5 won't load

The general rule in those cases is that the installation wasn't correct. Do you have a Rome - Total War/bi/ci/data folder? If yes, what size is it?

The size of the file 355.1 MB. When I extracted the BI folder one of the files didn't extract properly (think it had to do with sound). Also I used to hotfix link from another post since the one on the installation page is unavailable.

It seems you have a corrupted download, as the file's size is supposed to be 417 MBs. I suggest you download again.

I tried dowloading again and still the BI file is 355.1 MB. When I extract the FATW_RTW.rar I get the following error:

Error: CRC mismatch in file "BI\ci\data\sounds\bi.dat" in the archive "C:\Documents and Settings\James Hayes\Desktop\FATW_RTW.rar"

Did you try the MegaUpload link? It has proved to be somewhat unreliable lately, can you try the Filefront mirror and let me know if it downloads properly?

Icon9 Re: RTW 1.5 won't load

That error happened to me too except it came from when i was extracting the 2 folders into my rome total war original folder
    I have a clean copy of Rome total war and have the 1.5 and 1.3 patch installed

the game file i dled was from megaupload and was 417 mb which is normal? Now im installing it from gamefront :o to see if it works

Quote Originally Posted by soferal View Post
    That error happened to me too except it came from when i was extracting the 2 folders into my rome total war original folder
    I have a clean copy of Rome total war and have the 1.5 and 1.3 patch installed
    Error: CRC mismatch in file "BI\ci\data\sounds\bi.dat" in the archive "C:\Documents and Settings\James Hayes\Desktop\FATW_RTW.rar"

Seems the file has been corrupted. I'll reupload it...

Try this file: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20268853/FATW_RTW.rar
    Last edited by Aradan; April 27, 2011 at 06:01 AM.

ok im trying the link right now

Icon13 Re: RTW 1.5 won't load

bro still corrupted file i redownloaded RTW for no reason
    ! C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\Downloads\FATW_RTW(1).rar: CRC failed in BI\ci\data\sounds\bi.dat. The file is corrupt

i really want to play this mod but looks like i cant

Icon13 Re: RTW 1.5 won't load

"C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:bi\ci Target dosent work either i think its prob cause of the fail extraction