Thread: My First S2TW campaign...Legendary difficulty.

Default My First S2TW campaign...Legendary difficulty.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION (ALPHA-PHASE)…….STAY TUNED
    It was the first time I played S2TW, I wanted to test this game to its limits so I decided to grab the challenge of starting my first campaign on Legendary difficulty...
    The campaign story you are about to read is about the story of my Takeada Daimyo who led brave men through great victories but treason grabbed a hold of him and it his most trustworthy ally that betrayed him....
    And so the story begins......
    Its the age of wars, all of Japan's great and minor clans rise to assume the power of the shogunate and rule Japan. Many Daimyos have numerous warriors fighting under their clans mighty banners but one interesting Daimyo was among them. Takeada Shingen was a great commander, brave general and a man destined to rule Japan. His men were known for their superb cavlary skills and were respected among both enemies and allies.
    Takeada starts at war with the Urukami who are known as the rulers of North Shinano, a land with a great strategic position for trade and wealth. Takeada battles the Urukami and defeats their offense on Kai, his capital. But the Urukami, due to their superb wealth manage to field lots of untrained peasents who have no honour in fighting unlike Takeada's men. But Takeada doesn't bend down to the hordes of peasents being driven to his armies and manages to slaughter them like lambs. Takeada decides that the time has come to take North Shinano and bring an end to the Urukami rule.
    The battle is bloody but the rewards were great, North Shinano was finally under Takeada's rule, it would bring great wealth to the faction. But just as the rewards were great the threats were great as well, the Usuegi clan one of the mightiest in Japan were unwillingly allied to the Urukami just to benefit from the trade and wealth that was flowing through Shinano, but the province was a great attraction to them and they were waiting for the moment to betray the Urukami and sieze the province from them.
    Luck however presented them the possibility, the Takeada defeated the Urukami and were weakened by the long war. Usuegi decided that it was time to strike hard, he marched with 3500 capable warriors and marched towards North Shinano. Hearing upon the news, Takeada assembled whatever men he could find and attempted to defend the province. Takeada was worried about the threat of the Hojo south of his capital so he decided to make an alliance with the Hojo clan, and the alliance was made. Takeada confident of his allies loyalty marched with all the troops he had towards North Shinano thus leaving Kai unprotected. The battle takes place and Usuegi is killed in the battle, his troops rout and for a moment Takeada thinks that he has won, but he soon realizes that Usuegi was a cunning general he had hidden a protion of his army in the woods just in the case his main force was defeated. Takeada starred at the army marching onto his corpse filled castle and watched the remains of his peasent army flee of fear, Takeada stands ground in his castle's yard and fights till he dies... After the great general's Valiant defeat, his wife takes over the clan and prepares to defend the capital from the destruction of the Usuegi. However luck plays its role again and the Hojo seeing how vulnerable the Takeada have become broke the alliance and declared war. The mighty forces of the Hojo marched upon Kai and it wasn't long before the Takeada were eliminated.......

The campaign was over but the experience I gained is ever-continuing....

New AAR every week...so stay tuned

Spoiler for War with the Urukami

Spoiler for The Battle with the Urukami

Spoiler for North Shinano Falls

Spoiler for Usuegi greed

Spoiler for The Assault on Shinano and a valiant defeat

Spoiler for Betrayal!!
    Last edited by RAFAEL; April 13, 2011 at 10:51 PM.
    Egyptian revolutionary.....Canadian in nationality......Arab by blood.....and proud Muslim.

SirNat's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: My First S2TW campaign...Legendary difficulty.

Crap that looks nasty-