Thread: GTA 4 - losing a 3 star wanted level

Default GTA 4 - losing a 3 star wanted level

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ccL7...el_video_title

i know its a bit long and boring at times but i was was recording during the entire pursuit and thought i would upload it. its just a video of myself losing a 3 star wanted level without cheats.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xsvspitfire - NEW VIDEOS UPLOADED DAILY
    Featuring Videos of: BF3, Bastion, Skyrim, Starcraft 2 & World In Conflict
    Hd 7850 2Gb
    Phenom II x3 4.0GHz
    8Gb RAM

Default Re: GTA 4 - losing a 3 star wanted level

Not an especially difficult feat really. But if that's how you always drive then I could see why you may think that .
    Also this is probably better suited to the video thread or Other Games section.

Manco's Avatar Dux Limitis

That's easy. Hell, I've lost 5 star wanted levels just by driving away.
    Some day I'll actually write all the reviews I keep promising...

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

your joking right? you'd have to be mentally deficient to not be able to lose 3 stars, 5 stars is hard and 6 stars is insane but ive done it before

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

lol, but you picked one of the worst cars for a chase to begin with. that's why it feels like you're driving as a granny.

I think the feat is that you managed to blast by 2 roadblocks with just a small chunk of health.
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Razvus View Post
    I think the feat is that you managed to blast by 2 roadblocks with just a small chunk of health.
    I've done that on a lot of occasions with ease as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by A.J.P. Taylor
    Peaceful agreement and government by consent are possible only on the basis of ideas common to all parties; and these ideas must spring from habit and from history. Once reason is introduced, every man, every class, every nation becomes a law unto itself; and the only right which reason understands is the right of the stronger. Reason formulates universal principles and is therefore intolerant: there can be only one rational society, one rational nation, ultimately one rational man. Decisions between rival reasons can be made only by force.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L Spieghel
    Is het niet hogelijk te verwonderen, en een recht beklaaglijke zaak, Heren, dat alhoewel onze algemene Dietse taal een onvermengde, sierlijke en verstandelijke spraak is, die zich ook zo wijd als enige talen des werelds verspreidt, en die in haar bevang veel rijken, vorstendommen en landen bevat, welke dagelijks zeer veel kloeke en hooggeleerde verstanden uitleveren, dat ze nochtans zo zwakkelijk opgeholpen en zo weinig met geleerdheid verrijkt en versiert wordt, tot een jammerlijk hinder en nadeel des volks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miel Cools
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen,
    Oud ben maar nog niet verrot.
    Zoals oude bomen zingen,
    Voor Jan Lul of voor hun god.
    Ook een oude boom wil reizen,
    Bij een bries of bij een storm.
    Zelfs al zit zijn kruin vol luizen,
    Zelfs al zit zijn voet vol worm.
    Als ik oud ben wil ik zingen.

Cò am Fear am measg ant-sluaigh,
    A mhaireas buan gu bràth?
    Chan eil sinn uileadh ach air chuart,
    Mar dhìthein buaile fàs,
    Bheir siantannan na bliadhna sìos,
    'S nach tog a' ghrian an àird.

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Friedrich
    When do I stop being a justified warrior? When I've killed a million bad civilians? When I've killed three million bad civilians? According to a warsimulation by the Pentagon in 1953 the entire area of Russia would've been reduced to ruins with 60 million casualties. All bad Russians. 60 million bad guys. By how many million ''bad'' casualties do I stop being a knight of justice? Isn't that the question those knights must ask themselves? If there's no-one left, and I remain as the only just one,

Then I'm God.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis Napoleon III, Des Idees Napoleoniennes
    Governments have been established to aid society to overcome the obstacles which impede its march. Their forms have been varied according to the problems they have been called to cure, and according to character of the people they have ruled over. Their task never has been, and never will be easy, because the two contrary elements, of which our existence and the nature of society is composed, demand the employment of different means. In view of our divine essence, we need only liberty and work; in view of our mortal nature, we need for our direction a guide and a support. A government is not then, as a distinguished economist has said, a necessary ulcer; it is rather the beneficent motive power of all social organisation.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfgang Held
    I walked into those baracks [of Buchenwald concentrationcamp], in which there were people on the three-layered bunkbeds. But only their eyes were alive. Emaciated, skinny figures, nothing more but skin and bones. One thinks that they are dead, because they did not move. Only the eyes. I started to cry. And then one of the prisoners came, stood by me for a while, put a hand on my shoulder and said to me, something that I will never forget: ''Tränen sind denn nicht genug, mein Junge,
    Tränen sind denn nicht genug.''

Jajem ssoref is m'n korew
    E goochem mit e wenk, e nar mit e shtomp
    Wer niks is, hot kawsones

Moved to Other Games.

Cheers.
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

3 stars is still easy, I've once (just once) managed to lose a 4 or 5 star wanted (probably 4 but I'm not sure) by driving away in a semi (don't ask how I did it, I just drove straight and they went away )
    Patronized by Hader.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaketh View Post
    your joking right? you'd have to be mentally deficient to not be able to lose 3 stars, 5 stars is hard and 6 stars is insane but ive done it before
    Of cause you have...

Nyxos's Avatar when in doubt, doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by SPECTREtm View Post
    Of cause you have...
    6 stars is difficult but feasible if you are lucky, if you know the town by heart and if you've got a good car

go to 3:20, thats when the chase starts.
    Patronized by Hader.

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

the chopper was on top of him twice but for some reason, he wasn't seen... not to mention the cop car in the last minute that was clearly facing him.
    No.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Nice video. Ive never gotten away from more than 4 (maybe 5 once, maybe) but that's because if I ever get that many I just go home and sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Razvus View Post
    the chopper was on top of him twice but for some reason, he wasn't seen... not to mention the cop car in the last minute that was clearly facing him.
    I don't know what happened with the helicopter but I think the cop was out of that car. I didn't watch in high res but it looked like he might have been in the subway.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Azog 150's Avatar Civitate

I think I got away from a 5 once. 3 stars is pretty easy though.
    Under the Patronage of Jom!

I used to get frustrated with this game when I would lose 3 star wanted levels by complete accident.

Easiest way to lose a 3 star is to get an other star. That's how I like it.
    The Armenian Issue

Corvis's Avatar Campidoctor

My biggest difficulty with losing wanted levels is the lag.

I'm gonna do a 6 star wanted level video and see if I can lose it.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/xsvspitfire - NEW VIDEOS UPLOADED DAILY
    Featuring Videos of: BF3, Bastion, Skyrim, Starcraft 2 & World In Conflict
    Hd 7850 2Gb
    Phenom II x3 4.0GHz
    8Gb RAM

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I don't think its hard.

I prefer to make my chases seem really chaotic or destructive, ammo cheats for grenades and guns so I can shoot back. Feel like I'm in a movie, so when I feel like screwing around, I use the car repair cheat, though that's so i can just keep ramming civilian cars to enjoy the physics.

Then my disc became unreadable...
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

There were some cool trainers for the pc version of gta 3 engine games. My favorite was making your car invincible and giving it the mass of a tank (but not affecting speed or handling).
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Georgy Zhukov's Avatar Primicerius

the only way to get away from wanted levels is to do it on foot.