Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (Works in MC! 6/15 Modpack split for convenience)

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (Works in MC! 5/30 Ikko Ikki added)

"Ying, why haven't you updated events?"
    I feel compelled to address this question, so I think I'll answer it here (though I feel I've already answered it before). I have been a long standing fan of KOEI and have nearly all of their games (yes, even the first Taiko from like 1992. ).

I believe in quality. I know it is easy to go online and google up images to use, but I think you guys deserve better. Thus, all of the CG used in this mod is painstakingly extracted from the games themselves. Some I actually have to fiddle with some code myself in order to get the extraction programs to work.

In other some cases, such as the case of the daughters or sons, I actually constructed those portraits myself using tools specific to Taiko and a mix of photo-editing programs. Given the number of events we have present, I feel that it's only fair if I released all the events at the same time to cover as much of it as can.

Sorry for the wait.
    Last edited by Ying, Duke of Qin; June 02, 2011 at 11:59 AM.

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (Works in MC! 5/30 Ikko Ikki added)

After much waiting, I've finished all the event pictures from the vanilla data pack. As the events are all from KOEI, it is mostly taken from Taiko V, with a few snapshots from IV. In addition, I have taken a number of screenshots from Nobunaga's Ambition XI, IX, VIII, VI, and X. Lastly, the Christian daimyo is scanned from a personal collection of KOEI's main artist, Tsuyoshi Nagano.

This is still in beta. Some of the art will probably get swapped around as I update. I'm trying to stay away from 13 because another group of modders are using art primarily from there, and I'd rather not step on their toes, as stated above.

You know the drill, guys. Drop into data folder, remove the old Furinkazan. If you run into issues, check to see if you don't have either one of my old mods or another portrait/art mod from someone else. Now get to it! Before Lord Nobunaga gets angr-

OH NO

Preview coming up in a bit! I have a LOT to upload. At some point I'll go back and make them really pretty and organized, but for now, you guys should at least see what you're getting.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Ying, Duke of Qin; June 04, 2011 at 01:32 AM.

malidros's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (Works in MC! 6/4 All events added)

Thanks again, here's to your continued success. Gives nice feeling to the SG2 world.

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (Works in MC! 6/4 All events added)

While I finish off the last of the ancillaries, I'll take a chapter from Radious. The modpack is now split into portrait and event packs. If you feel like mix-and-matching - well, there's your cue. Check the first page for updates.

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (Works in MC! 6/15 Modpack split for convinence)

Dear friends from 3DM:

I know you guys have it loaded on your forums, but could you at least give me credit for the mod?

转载前请标明出处。否则小女子可就伤心了 - 毕竟从太阁里一个个的挖图还是有点难度的。
    Last edited by Ying, Duke of Qin; June 23, 2011 at 08:20 PM.

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (Works in MC! 6/15 Modpack split for convinence)

can i ask did you draw these yourself? i apologize if this has been asked before

CoconutFred's Avatar Senator
    Your local ShopRite, at 5% off on Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Of Atheos View Post
    can i ask did you draw these yourself? i apologize if this has been asked before
    No, they're taken from KOEI (a games company) artist Tsuyoshi Nagano.

Foederatus

Very nice mod and great work, keep it up! If I may be so bold to make a suggestion / request: the portrait for Hattori Yasunaga (Daimyo) looks very different from his in-game appearance. In-game he is bald and has no beard, while in the portrait he has both. Maybe you could find a portrait to better fit his look.

DeMolay's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ying, Duke of Qin View Post
    While I finish off the last of the ancillaries, I'll take a chapter from Radious. The modpack is now split into portrait and event packs. If you feel like mix-and-matching - well, there's your cue. Check the first page for updates.
    A very nice mod really , thanks a lot !

MarkusAntonius's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (Works in MC! 6/15 Modpack split for convenience)

nice. hey would be good to make portraits for the rise of samurai. as no one did it yet and is a little strange to play with vanilla portraits again. i've seen that some your portraits already have the Heian "Classical" Armors and Helmets i'm already. i'm still trying to do it here but with few sucess as i rarely find some portrait that seems from that time. i hope you think about it. see you later.
    Last edited by MarkusAntonius; January 30, 2012 at 02:54 PM.

Amaranth's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (Works in MC! 6/15 Modpack split for convenience)

Hello,

First of all I'd like to say that this is a really nice work, I think the vanilla portraits/event pictures were a bit dull (for my taste) and these new artwork definetely fits the game better. I have a problem though, the portraits of the children (and babies) does not fit their frame well. It like the top of images are chopped off from their brows, any idea why this happens ?
    Last edited by Amaranth; June 05, 2012 at 09:19 AM.
    Next Heir Ancillary (NHA) Sub-Mod for Stainless Steel & Third Age Total War

Thank god i found it! I recently decided to play with radious and suddenly realized that i didn't have these awesome character cards anymore! Awesome mod, thank you very much. ^-^

ShimazuClan's Avatar Civis

Hey. Is it possible to put these unit cards into battle? I would also like seeing it while in battle. :3
    The Shimazu Clan has conquered this spot.

Requiem_NL's Avatar Laetus

GREAT GREAT mod! Thank you so very very much!

I am new to the forums and modding and everything, so I apologise in advance if I say something I shouldn't and please tell me when I do.

The portraits, especially the General portraits are truly sublime, but I was wondering if it is possible to make a tougher version for the Tokugawa and Date Daimyo portraits. The other guys look real badass, but Tokugawa and Date are a bit too... how do I say this, mellow? Especially Date Masamune with his eyepatch should really look like someone you'd avoid in a dark alley. Don't get me wrong, the artwork is beautiful and this mod is definitely a MUST HAVE, but since appearance is so important in games I'd like my best Commander to look like he can wreak havoc, if you know what I mean.

Is there any way you can help me out? Cheers

it work with shogun 2 total war fall of the samurai ?

It doesn't, but I made a mod that does if you want it....

I should let you know though it might not look right for some of the Daimyo and Generals as they only wear sengoku jidai armor.

I only made that for FOTS because it's part of another mod I made to turn FOTS into a sengoku jidai campaign...
    Last edited by other mitch; July 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM.

It doesn't, but I made a mod that does if you want it....
    That would be awesome! ^-^ If you could link me that would be really neat!

here you go, the files too big so I had to break it up... just drop them in the data folder...

but like I said I made this for another mod to turn the fots campaign map into a Sengoku Jidai campaign. so the daimyo's and generals faces don't really match up...

Quote Originally Posted by other mitch View Post
    here you go, the files too big so I had to break it up... just drop them in the data folder...

but like I said I made this for another mod to turn the fots campaign map into a Sengoku Jidai campaign. so the daimyo's and generals faces don't really match up...
    Doesn't matter, thanks a lot!

What? Those bland FOTS portraits can be replaced! Thank you!!!!

So glad I subb'd to this thread last year and am checking it now!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast