Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (Works in MC! 6/15 Modpack split for convenience)

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (Soon to be a full mod - Daimyo portraits released)

Taiko Rissiden V doesn't have english release. SAD - love to play RPG game like this

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (Soon to be a full mod - Daimyo portraits released)

Updated.

No generals in this update, I'm afraid. Still waiting on appropriate tools to allow me to access character_array. Instead, I give you ...

Three metsuke (one of the metsuke is actually Mitsunari cameo-ing in this mod ), three ninjas, and one monk. Along with a Geisha preview. I will likely release alternative art for those as well, and as soon as I figure out how to assign unique portraits to agents, I think I may add more agent art as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Solman88 View Post
    Could you list the names to the portraits? thanks.
    I'm using this atm, very nice
    From left to right:

Tokugawa Ieyasu - Date Terumune - Old Man Mori Mori Motonari - Oda Nobunaga - Shimazu Takahisa - Dragon of Echigo - Tiger of Kai- Hanzo Hattori - Chosokabe Kunichika - Hojo Ujiyasu.

(Kenshin and Shingen are distinctive enough that I think they're recognizable )

Currently, the Daimyo portraits are still generic (in other words, the portrait is shared by clan, instead of having it assigned to a specific individual). In the next few mods, I hope to assign daimyos unique identities as well - I'm quite new at this, and I haven't gotten quite the hang of it yet. That, and crunch time for students is coming up - hopefully I'll be able to update more frequently in a few weeks.
    Last edited by Ying, Duke of Qin; April 18, 2011 at 12:57 AM.

Man u are a killer

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (4/18 partial agent portraits released)

Can we have all the generals and units change to these new portraits too?
    It looks really good.

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (4/18 partial agent portraits released)

very well done m8! Waiting for further versions

freaking awesome stuff man.
    and thanks for listing the names. much appreciated

Don't be suprised to see this removed because of copyright infringement. Nice looking stuff though!

Im kinda confused. Do i download and use both of the pack files? Or is the second v.02 just an update and not an Addition? uh...Help? Noob FTW

First one contains only daimyo portraits. The second contain both daimyos and agents. I will resume work on this after exams (which is this and next week). Hopefully, by then, the last few db tables will be deciphered, and I can start unique replacements rather than having generic ones.

Silius Saurus's Avatar Biarchus

Nice work. It will be nice to see portraits for the generals as well, and looking forward to that. I see that the Daimyo and his heir (after accession) looks exactly the same; I've seen it happen that way before ingame and sometimes it doesn't happen that way (that the portraits are identical).

It's definitely an improvement- the Tokugawa Daimyo portrait in vanilla is pretty craptastic.

btw good luck on your exams. Ganbatte!
    Last edited by Silius Saurus; April 26, 2011 at 02:01 PM.
    "If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan it properly". -- Nick Lappos

Cant wait for this mod to be released out of WIP, I love it but hate it when i see the ugly vanilla portraits that havent been changed yet. I dont like it when things dont match. Anyways so far so good, GG!

Syntax's Avatar "Veni Vidi Vici"

Ying, Duke of Qin
    Best portraits ever in the game - like it a lot - any plan to extend this for other generals? +Rep

Syntax

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax View Post
    Ying, Duke of Qin
    Best portraits ever in the game - like it a lot - any plan to extend this for other generals? +Rep

Syntax
    Current plan is to finish all portraits - I will assign what portraits I can for now to the named characters (some have historically identifiable armor or gear). Then, once more db tables are released, I'll work towards my original goal of uniqueness. Most likely, I'll update sometimes this weekend - as stated earlier, I found myself with more work than anticipated.

Eventually, I'd really like to punch the RNG so you get ... y'know, historically accurate generals before you start getting random dudes.

Are these all from Dynasty/Samurai Warriors?

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (4/30 All General Portraits + Geisha Portrait Complete!)

Nope. Not from either of those games.

Preview added below. Pack file is on the first post.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Pulled an all-nighter and did some major updates. I think I'll do load screens and custom units next. Until I can get access to some of the db tables, I think that might be the next best thing. Let me know if something doesn't work!

Maybe music. Next update: The legend of Kenshin! (Might need the thread to be moved to compilations, hah!)
    Last edited by Ying, Duke of Qin; April 30, 2011 at 08:46 AM.

Default Re: Furinkazan: a comprehensive art rework (4/30 All General Portraits + Geisha Portrait Complete!)

Nice

OMG these are #(%@* awesome! I love them so much! Thank you! When i look at my family tree it is so beautiful with these new cards. The only exception being are the wives/princesses, but once you do new cards for them this would be one of those mods you can never pass up. Great work A10+

Awesome! Great mod, much appreciated!

-Instance

Great mode, I definitely love it, give me great feeling when playing
    One more thing, is it possible to remove 3D portraits or replace it with this 2D portraits because honestly the 3D portraits are suck compare to your 2D ones.

Can I include this mod for the upcoming DarthMod Shogun? Credits will be given.
    You did a very good job.
    Does it have any known issues?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast