Thread: RAAARRRGH!!!! Manly Scandinavian music needed

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default RAAARRRGH!!!! Manly Scandinavian music needed

Yeah that's right. MANLY MUSIC!

Basically most of the Swedish music has female vocals and is quite light and folky. While this is definitely good and historically accurate, I think there isn't enough war-like masculine music for Sweden. Norway and Denmark are better though in this regard.

Also there is a similar problem for all scandinavian battle music. The current tracks used for the scandinavian mobilisation (when the troops are moving) and battle music (when they start hacking each other to pieces) isn't hard and brutal enough sounding for me.

The hard thing though is to find music that is either known to be historically accurate or at least could have feasibly been made at the time. For the battle music we have made concessions on historical accuracy as we have allowed the subtle use of some modern effects such as light echo effects to be used.

So please help us out here and give us suggestions for all scandinavian battle music and Swedish campaign music. I'm expecting Wardruna to be posted, feel free, we haven't made a final decision as to whether or not we could use them or not for battle music. I personally would rather not unless we can't find anything a little less modern sounding.

I was probably going to use (personally) remixed versions of these for the mobilisation and battle music for the eastern european factions such as Poland and was thinking of using them for the scandinavian factions too if I can't find anything better.

What do you think? Especially if you are scandinavian I'd like your opinion.
    Last edited by Space_Ed; April 11, 2011 at 09:54 PM.