Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UI Problems?

Default UI Problems?

This is a great mod and I would be enjoying it to the max if not for my UI being white whenever I play a battle. Both the Unit Cards and the Map are white-blank on the battle map making it hard to play a battle.

Any suggestions?

EDIT

Nevermind, I hadn't seen the display fix before. Everything works now, sorry for the derp.
    Last edited by surprisebutts4ks; April 11, 2011 at 08:13 AM.

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: UI Problems

Quote Originally Posted by surprisebutts4ks View Post
    This is a great mod and I would be enjoying it to the max if not for my UI being white whenever I play a battle. Both the Unit Cards and the Map are white-blank on the battle map making it hard to play a battle.

Any suggestions?

EDIT

Nevermind, I hadn't seen the display fix before. Everything works now, sorry for the derp.
    This is a common problem and i remember fixing it on my own computer...Just can't remember exactly what i did...i am searching for answers now and will post a solution when i find it
    Last edited by Eothese; April 12, 2011 at 02:47 PM.

There is a hotfix where you installed the game. Read the readme and do what is says.

Problem Solved

Hi Guys

Am I being a bit thick here, there is a folder named data within the Akthross folder which contains a subfolder 'ui'. Is this the folder that I should be copying into the main M2TW directory (and if so wont it overwrite the data file that already exists there) or am I way off. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

Your a way off, there is a folder within the akthross folder called display fix. Follow this down and you'll find the files. These should be placed into your MAIN VANILLA folder in the same location. Unless you have unpacked your game, these files will not exist. If you have unpacked then you won't need the fix.

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

I applied the hotfix,but i'm still getting the white UI bar.
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Perhaps you applied it incorrectly...

I applied the fix as it should,but still the same prob....i klicked minimize UI in the game options....but then the entire right upper corner is white.
    How can that happen anyway?
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.

It happens when you don't have the vanilla files unpacked. The fix is to place the 3 .sd files found in the display fix folder into the same place in main vanilla folder.

ahhh....it wasn't mentioned in the read me
    So i have to paste this in the mod folder and in the main one?

ohh..btw...how did you come across a place called Montford....because i life 10 km from it hahahah(netherlands)

From what I read you applied it wrong
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
    ahhh....it wasn't mentioned in the read me
    So i have to paste this in the mod folder and in the main one?
    The information is in a read me called Display Fix ReadMe.txt and there should also be some instructions on installation.

You have to paste into the main folder only as directed.

ohh..btw...how did you come across a place called Montford....because i life 10 km from it hahahah(netherlands)
    I didn't come across the place, it is the name of a character from the book...

I applied the hotfix,but i'm still getting the white UI bar.
    Makes me wonder what you actually did...
    Last edited by Eothese; September 14, 2011 at 12:39 PM.

Hm..as Hetos there is a town called Montford...nut still.
    I thought i had read the read me file,i thought it said in the mod folder where the mod was installed,but maybe i'm wrong

Default Re: Akthross Total War

Hi, guys I just downloaded this mod and let me say the units look great, one question though since I am an absolute noob when it comes to installing patches and fixes that don't install themselves automatically, how do you install the Display Fix exactly? I know there was a thread on this already but since there hasn't been a post since september of last year I figured I'd ask here. I just need someone to explain to me step by step what to do since I don't have any previous experience doing such a fix and I don't want to ruin my vanilla game since I have other mods downloaded, thanks if anyone can help guide this wayward computer illiterate .

We'll keep it all in one place regardless of the age of the thread. You will only need to apply the display fix if you are getting large white patches in battle.

I shall refer you to post 5, it's really that simple. You can either open both folders at the same time and simply drag the ones provided into you vanilla display folder, or copy the ones provided and paste them into the vanilla display folder. You can't really go wrong, (although some people do try quite hard).

This won't ruin the vanilla game, as you are simply placing vanilla files into their proper place. The only reason you would need this fix is because you don't have the vanilla game unpacked.

I applied the UI fix as described and it doesn't work. The instructions make no sense. They say "If you do NOT alreay have your MAIN Medieval2 data files unpacked, you can use the files in the folder labelled Display.
    Simply copy the encolsed subfolder (named data) and paste it into you MAIN Medieval2 folder."
    There is no folder labelled "display". Ther IS a folder labelled "display fix". There IS a sub-folder under "display fix" labelled "data" but copying it into the main Medieval Total War 2 folder of the same name "data" results in no changes whatsoever. The UI is STILL whited out. This whole thing about not having "unpacked the game" also makes no sense, as the game has been installed straight from the dvd. How is it not "unpacked"??? Are these instructions for people who downloaded this game? I am ready to just uninstall this mod, as it appears to have problems...

I had this same issue its rather simple to fix. I opened the data folder in display fix and dragged the folder called UI in the fix folder into the Data folder in the vanilla file, Thats how I got it to work for me.

ok. those files were already in the midieval total war 2 directory, under ui. I drageed and dropped them there anyway and the ui is still whited out.

then I drageed and dropped them to the main medieval 2 game folder and the ui is still whited out. I know they moved because they disappear from their previous location each time. Maybe someone could please post the exact filenames with the path and everything? I can't get this to work no matter what I try. And it's only Akthross that has this problem. The Clouds Across Europe ui works right and the main Medieval 2 Total War ui works right.

So then I dagged and dropped them back to display fix/data/ui and dragged and dropped the ui folder to Medieval II Total War/data and STILL have a whited out ui in Akthross.
    Last edited by Eothese; February 12, 2013 at 04:13 PM.

C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\data\ui
    Should contain the .sd files I provide in here
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Akthross\display fix\data\ui

It's as simple as that, if the files are not appearing after you move them it is most likely because you have UAC (User Account Control) restrictions on your opertaing system.

Unless you have unpacked the data_* pack files after installation, you do not have the game unpacked, which is why you need the fix. Clouds Across Europe is not a Kingdoms mod which is why it doesn't need the fix.

Miles

Default Battleui in battles

Hey

This mod looks awesome and though i only read the story line you guys laid up on this side, i like it.
    And this with the small rebel villages in the midst of lands

But whats i think is annoying is that the Battle UI is completely white?! I can't even see the battlemap?! The most i have managed to see so far is my general and 1 unit card.... It aint good for big battles ;/
    Is there a fix for this?

Performance is excelent and i hope that there will be some more development on this mod in future
    //ThaDoews

TATW + MOS 1.
    SS6.4 + BftB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast