Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Hey folks,

I'm looking for a mod that is very realistic... In addition some new units would be nice, as vanilla doesn't offer a large variety. AOR would also be awesome. Improved AI is also a must.

Any suggestions?

Icon5 Tactican mod?

Guys, need help looking for a mod that involves heavy tatics and ultimate realism, more about tatics than troop quality, any suggestions? i have darth mod and love it, just wondering if theres anything 100% realism, seems darthmod aims to please both casual and hardcore realism fans alike thx

Check out TROM 3...

Kurisu Paifuaa's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Tactican mod?

Give TROM a try:

Essentially, increased recruitment time and limits on elite unit recruitment make samurai (and all units) more valuable. The scarcity on the campaign map translates into a need to use proper tactics on the battlefield to keep casualties to elite units at a minimum. You must exploit each unit's particular strength vs your opponent in order to come out of any scrape with an army that can still fight. This is essential (along with managing reinforcements) if you plan to take an army far afield. You cannot simply raise another stack quickly after an ill advised or sloppily executed engagement. AI production bonuses at harder difficulties magnify the effect.

That's an indirect effect on tactics from campaign modifications. In battle, there is a moderate 'normalization' of unit statistics so that it's more difficult to 'mop the floor' in single unit combat. The RPS system is reduced in magnitude. The relationships are still there, but tactical management is more essential to exploiting those relationships, along with proper use of pinning and flanking tactics involving multiple units. Again, a prime motivation is to minimize casualties so you can fight another day. Unit movement speed modifications are selectable as per your taste.

There's a lot more to like about TROM, but I think those facets are most relevant to what you're asking. You'd likely also enjoy the additions to the ashigaru roster which suite them to different roles in battle (eg general purpose vs pure spear wall vs pike and shot) and make army composition and bushido selection more interesting along with adding greater tactical considerations.

I know there are mods that have altered unit sizes and stats; I play with Darth + AUM, but I was wondering if anyone has made a unit like the Kensai from Shogun? I know there are heroes, but I'd love to see a single man unit with wicked stats owning some katana or yari samurai.

I suppose it's possible to do it, but I don't know the first thing about game modification.

Over the hills...

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMonkE View Post
    I know there are mods that have altered unit sizes and stats; I play with Darth + AUM, but I was wondering if anyone has made a unit like the Kensai from Shogun? I know there are heroes, but I'd love to see a single man unit with wicked stats owning some katana or yari samurai.

I suppose it's possible to do it, but I don't know the first thing about game modification.
    Yes its possible to do that but AFAIK there is no mod released that does this.

Hey guys, I don't know if this place would be the proper to ask this question but...

What do I do if I forgot the mod I have installed?
    the Campaigns all have extended turns like year 1620 for long
    Hattori and Tokugawa have easy access to Kisho Ninjas with only 1 turn needed to make them

I know it sounds like TROM but the recruitment times are actually reduced.....

and for some reason I can't find the "Common" folder in the Steam folder I have??
    Last edited by Setuna; July 15, 2011 at 03:28 PM.

Guys, i need advice...i would like the best mod to play a multiplayer campaing game.

Im reading all the mods, but i would like an advice

Is there a mod for a late start, i.e. more advanced technology and great clans having experienced some expansion, Nobunaga as Oda daimyo, maybe 20 years into the game? I've used the search function containing those words and it never seems to throw up what I'm looking for.

Hello TWC members.

I'm a fan of the "Total War" series, love the gameplay. (But only really liked Shogun, Total War: Rome and now Shogun 2).

I would like to know of any new mods that is available to be downloaded. I have no mods etc. right now. What I'm looking for is mods with new units and overall better gameplay (only for Shogun 2 of course).

Someone who can recommend any mods with some cool new units etc.??
    A mod that works....

Also what Patch should I download for Shogun 2 (have not updated the game, yet)..

Thank you very much for your assistance....

Also Please give a instruction how to add this mod and Patch...
    I guess many have asked similar questions, and sorry but I'm noob to this..

Could just be so cool with new units, improved gameplay, improved AI and so on

Is there a mod that makes the Time of Day during battle always at Midday/brightest part of the day?

Dr.McNugget's Avatar Laetus

Is there a mod that gives you the option to give away a province as a gift like in older Total War Games?

Hello, I've been a lurker around here for awhile and finally decided to register.

As someone who's very interested in Japanese history, I'm looking for a mod (or mods) that delivers the most historically accurate, immersive, and realistic experience. Currently, I'm torn between S2R+, TROM 3, and the Realism and Historicity submod for Darthmod. Any help in choosing would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Can sombody make modification which doubles or triples the ships campain map movement speed?? it`s totally unrealistic that it takes years sail araund japan...

Icon3 Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

If this is not the place to put this I apologise, and if so I kindly ask if it can be moved to the relevant section...

I would like to respectfully request as a standard practice for mods to include a "REAM ME" file with their downloads.

Many, I am aware already practice this essential addition and hope that many fantastic modders follow suit and for it to remain as standard.

Standard format/info suggested to be included:

- current version

- current build date (last updated)

- change log (may even be separate)

- possible conflicts

- forum address/link

- (above all) Mod description

- credits

- any relevant notes/suggestions

- This would help when returning to mods even after a long break from using them.

- Would be invaluable information without having to trawl through the forums to be reminded what the mod does (granted some mod titles may say what the mod does ie:movement_speed_reduction.pack, etc)

- This would help everyone decide better which mods work together or which one they want included in their compilation.

(I am also aware there are some MOD managers surfacing out there which can only get better, and perhaps these managers can implement to read the READ ME files.)

I hope I am not stepping on any toes with this humble request, and hope that an old man like me can be humoured. It's not my intention to insult the intelligence of those who knows what they are doing with each file, or add workload to the modders. I do get confused with all the files I've downloaded, you see, and get befuddled with what does what and the forums are not always accessible to me.

Yobi Kusanagi

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Icon12 Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Quote Originally Posted by Hikaru Genji View Post
    Hello, I've been a lurker around here for awhile and finally decided to register.

As someone who's very interested in Japanese history, I'm looking for a mod (or mods) that delivers the most historically accurate, immersive, and realistic experience. Currently, I'm torn between S2R+, TROM 3, and the Realism and Historicity submod for Darthmod. Any help in choosing would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
    I suggest starting with something that's closer to vanilla. Perhaps TROM3, go through that and finish several campaigns first to see the whole mechanics of what the mod offers.

Then you will see any significant changes when you switch to something like SR+ or Darth Mod. In my experience with all these fabulous Mods on offer you get so torn between them all, you end up not getting to appreciate their different flavour of gameplay. More worried on what to go for and what it offers than actually playing the game...

It would be awesome if they all got together to make an ultimate game experience than CA may offer, an ultimate mod for the community made by the community.

Start off with TROM3. When you feel you've experienced it fully go with SR+ or Darth. I'm trying SR+ at the mo, as I am familiar with lord Darth's gifts to the community.

The Gentle Touch Of A Woman's Hand Can Soothe The Tempest Of A Man's Heart Especially If They Cook Something Tasty
    =========================================================

Hey guys

I really love vanilla S2TW overall but a few AI issues are kind of annoying me. I would like a mod that improves the AI, and in particuler, one that diversifies enemy armies and stops the random "I'm your best friend + ally but I'm still going to declare war on you" behavior that I occasionally experience in vanilla. Save game compatability isn't necessary, but it is a nice "cherry-on-the-top". Any recommendations? I only want the AI changed, so I would rather stay away from any of the big overhauls that change the AI + the rest of the game.

I was wondering if someone could slow down the climbing speed of units. because they look like spiders and makes the game look unrealistic. thanks

--> I have tried changing this line in the KV RULE ---> "climbing penalty time" and there seems to be no effect. and of course im not a real modder.
    Last edited by ravensilvermaine; August 30, 2011 at 03:41 AM.

Semisalis

PLEASE! PLEASE! A music mod that will not make you want to jump out your window on campaign map. I tried 2 music mods and they both lacked a suicidal chorus line. Traditonal is no matter to me! Why not like some more subtle sounds, from anime movies or something mellow/cool for the battles like Promentory from Last Of The Mohicans. Drums are cools unless they are rpming at 1000mph with no background sound but crap drums. I thought maybe it was a suicide song because in the end i deep 6'd that bs!