Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 621222324252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Monk sashimono mod!

Talk about overwhelming, looking through all the great modding work.

I dabbled in S2TW shortly after release, and am just now returning to it. My main issue with the game was simply the speed of the battles, never any time to enjoy them as they ended so quickly. I would like to simply prolong them, and it seems the best way to do that is simply stat modding. Once I complete them vanilla with a stat mod, I would look into more of a complete overhaul type mod. If anyone has done something similar, I would love to know what they changed and where to change it. I plan on playing all the campaigns starting with ROTS, however I have no experience with that or FOTS, so I am not sure if the battles are as quick in those (IE-Do they even need stat modding).

Thanks in advance for any help.

Default Blood Pack

As nice as it to see blood flowing from the wounds, I don't like the blood splattering on my screen. Is there a way to remove that part or just turn off the blood altogether? The description on steam say you can turn the effects on and off in the game options but I didn't see the options.

TotalDC's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Blood Pack

There would be a mod to turn off screen blood splatter - check the mod section or just do a simple google search.

TotalDC's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Blood Pack

To save you the 37 seconds it took me to find it - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-new-blood-mod

Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Hey I was wondering if there is any mod that edits agent success chance? All I want is something that removes the ridiculous bonus to Ai agent success chance on very hard and legendary difficulties, not particularly fond of having my entire family getting killed of by level 1 ninjas.

Is there a mod that introduces ninja mission/assasination short movies and others in "Rise of the Samurai"?

I recently started playing this addon and regretfully I saw that they were missing

I searched on Google and this forum but to no avail

Artifex

People interested in realism (rare and elite samurai, altered campaign play, much longer battles, better unit stats, real unit names etc.) should give Shogun 2 Realism+ a try.
    There is a beta2 version available which is compatible with the latest Shogun 2 version. In the next few days, version 3.0 will most likely be released (if I can fix the sound bugs CA has intendedly put into the game to annoy modders).

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    People interested in realism (rare and elite samurai, altered campaign play, much longer battles, better unit stats, real unit names etc.) should give Shogun 2 Realism+ a try.
    There is a beta2 version available which is compatible with the latest Shogun 2 version. In the next few days, version 3.0 will most likely be released (if I can fix the sound bugs CA has intendedly put into the game to annoy modders).
    This mod will cover also Rise of the Samurai addon?

I have Shogun 2 Gold edition installed.
    Realism mods for RotS and Shogun 2 will be able to be active at the same time?

Artifex

Unfortunately, the Realism+ mods are not compatible with each other. So you can only have one of them in your data folder at the same time.

I did a forum search and I've been searching various other websites virtually since Shogun 2 came out about this, but to no avail, so I figured I'd ask here.

Does anyone know of a mod that allows you to use the "play as AI" option in cooperative campaigns? I know you can use it in head to head (provided you don't ally up with your opponent), and that you can share units in a cooperative campaign with other players, but I'm hoping to actually allow us to play battles against one another within the cooperative campaign itself.

If there are any mods allowing this functionality, I'd appreciate more information!

Default Clans destroyed, any mod??

Hello friends!!
    I have a little question...
    Exist any mod that reduces the clans destroyes, war declarations, or improve the resistence to invasors y campaign for reducing the desaparition of clans??
    Thanks in advance!!

Hello everyone!

Recently I have more time to dedicated to Shogun but not that much to try mods around so I thought is better to ask. I enjoyed Darthmod until now but I would like to try something different, let's say some new units, AOR units or something that adds flavor to original units.

I have read few threads here and I liked TROM and Shogun 2 Realism + . So, what would you advise me to try? Any advice is most welcome.

Thank you very much!

Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.
    -Constantin Brancusi

Default Additional Playable Land

I was a huge fan of the Rome: Total Realism mod back in the day. One of the most enjoyable part of the mod for me was that it seemed that the world was enlarged, and I had a larger playing field to expand my empire in. I was wondering if that was possible in Shogun 2 and if so, how would I do it?

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Default Looking for particular mod. (Double Combat Animations Mod).

Hello,

I am in search for a mod which adds double the amount of fatalities you see in the game i know thiers something out their but i cant find it im looking for a manual version of the mod also.

Cheers!.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Looking for particular mod. (Double Combat Animations Mod).

Apologies for the double post but i have found something but the author has lost the files i asked him if he would do the mod again and he cant supposedly which is a huge shame.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...archtext=blood

Would anyone be able to teach me how to make a mod like the one above or could do a mod like it ?.

Thank You.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

TheCenturion24's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Looking for particular mod. (Double Combat Animations Mod).

That's a simple stat mod; and a fairly hasty one at that. It doesn't do what you think it does; it just adds more units and increases attack damage. It doesn't add new attacks. There's plenty of mods that change game dynamics in these forums, you only need look.

Hello everyone, I have been playing rome total war 2, but well, its not good enough.
    So I came back to shogun. I played it a lot, I though I should try some mods, to make it more different and fun. I see there are lots of mods and it confuses me a little bit, so I though I should ask for some recommendations.
    What I want is :
    -Really improved AI. I see there is Realism+ mod and U ai mod which say they improve the ai. Do they really? Is it similar to human level? For example that the ai won't stupidly stand on the hill when I'm getting a surround, and will actually try to always flank me and just generally be more smart, moving units around, getting proper positions, not making suicide attacks. Is it better to have only one of them or both since both are major overhaul ? Are there any others mods that are good?
    -More units on the battlefield. I remember back in the day, I managed to make more units on a single general and on the battlefield by editing a bunch of files.(twice as much,as far as I remember) It was incredibly fun to play like that, massive armies would clash on the battlefield, the ai was going totally nuts and well it was a bit broken, but in fact it was actually doing pretty good, it was doing some incredible battles. The entire campaign was really harsh, it kept me sweating all the time, especially the siege battles were hard. So is there a mod that add as much as possible units on the battlefield?
    -Improved diplomacy if there is a mod like that, meaning factions wont hate you for just staring at their helmets...
    -Any mods that makes battles last longer?
    -Any mods that allows you to build lots of towers and defences in your castle/fort? TURTLE MODE ACTIVATED.
    -Any mods that make ambushes a little bit more usefull, but not totally overpowered.
    -Any mods that make archers a better unit? And I'm not talking about stats like attack and defense, I'm talking about, their blobness and their crappy reloading. I REALLY REALLY hate it, when one archer of 100 gets actually caught by a melee hostile unit, and the entire squad just goes into derp mode, even if you command em to get the hella out of there. I really think archers should also shoot twice more often, maybe like weaker damage, or lets say, less damage from afar, more damage from up-close. Also I just don't get it why archers keep hitting friendly units, even if they are shooting from no more than 10 meters.
    -Any mods that make more balance and use on building/units/research than vanilla?
    -Any mods that improve graphics and visuals are always nice to have.
    -Any mods that add awsome things to the gameplay, like the one that makes your units throw rocks on climbing enemies.
    -Any mods that improve ships?
    -Any mods that will remove the AI urge to spread 1 army units all over the map, for no particular reason?

I know this is quite the long list, I went a little bit more greedy than I should have
    Really whats important to me is just having a hell level of an AI, making awsome huge gigantic battles with it.
    I would be really glad to hear some recommendations on mods, thanks in advance.

Default Re: Additional Playable Land

I think you are talking about adding new provinces, isn't it? Well we can't add new provinces for these games since Empire total war. :'(
    Mod for hearts Of Iron III
    Cold War mod 1945-1991
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...0-MOD-Cold-War

French Videos
    My Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRC...ojJs-5-AFhVCvQ

Default Re: Additional Playable Land

Quote Originally Posted by cquentin48 View Post
    I think you are talking about adding new provinces, isn't it? Well we can't add new provinces for these games since Empire total war. :'(
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-new-factions)

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...reencap-thread

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Can anyone recommend me a combat mod (not Darth), that makes combat last way way longer /reduces unit speed`?