Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: [TWS2] Mod Recommendations & Queries!

Is there anyway to keep the bodies from dissappearing during the battle?

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

They are dissappearing with ultra graphics on?
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Hey, Im jeak, its my first post so hello to the forums!

I want you to find\suggest\make me a mod that shows me the actual map layout in multiplayer instead of the preview image of the map (in the mp lobby)

A fire and retreat for skirmisers or musketmen would be fantastic, where one file fries then retreats behind the other which then fires and then repeats.. It would be much better then the random withdrawl that they do, and would lay down some fire on advancing troops...Empire had the fire and advance option, this would be just like that but would be fire and retreat..

Quote Originally Posted by Brips View Post
    They are dissappearing with ultra graphics on?
    You know thats what happened thanks, I never noticed that it switched to a lower setting...
    Last edited by Ishan; December 21, 2011 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Double Post

black-dragon's Avatar Senator

Default Which mod makes battles last the longest?

I'm using Darth mod and the battles are still WAY too fast for me. I've found various other mods that all claim to increase the length of battles, but which one of them makes battles last longest?
    'If there is an ultimate meaning to existence, as I believe is the case, the answer is to be found within nature, not beyond it. The universe might indeed be a fix, but if so, it has fixed itself.' - Paul Davies, the guy that religious apologists always take out of context.

Attention new-agers: I have a quantum loofah that you might be interested in.

Outlaw's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Which mod makes battles last the longest?

maybe everyone should just fight to the death

Default Re: Which mod makes battles last the longest?

Have you tried Zen mod?

Dark Storm's Avatar saut dans le vide
    Citizen

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Is there any mod that just basically removes morale so units never rout, i want more fighting to the death
    ...treasure, pleasure, leisure, les yeux;
    It's all in your eyes.

Having spent a lot of time with the old Shogun game (and RTW/EB) back in the day, I recently got myself a copy of Shogun 2 and all the DLC. Played it, liked it, but, looking back to Europa Barbarorum, wanted it to be better, as I know things can be when modders really get into it.

So I went and had a two-hour look at all the mods out there. But honestly? Too much information, too vast a field!

What I'm asking now is simply this: That someone with more insight into the TWS2 modding landscape please provide me (and any other newbs in need) with a brief and comprehensive summary of the biggest, most realistic, thoroughly well-made mods, their outstanding features (especially compared to the other big mods), and what's important to know about them.

I realise this might be asking a bit much, but I guarantee that whomsoever does provide such information shall receive my deepest gratitude and the great honour of being a good man. So, thanks in advance!

PS: My personal measure of mod quality has always been Europa Barbarorum. Whichever mod is most similar (well-made historical realism) will probably be my instant favourite

Sadistic Leprechaun's Avatar Laetus

I was wondering if anyone has made a mod that removes the bug/game feature (not debating which here) that piles on negative points in Diplomacy, namely the "dishonoring treaties" that seems to pile on no matter who breaks said treaties.

Has anyone made a mod disabling that? No matter what I do by end game I have huge negatives, even with me trying to preserve all my trade agreements.

Not here to discuss if it is a bug, or a game feature - merely looking for a mod that might fix it.

(sorry I tried to post this in the Mods forum but it said I could not post new posts weird)

Thanks ahead

Sadistic Leprechaun

Is there a way to get rid of the floating gobs of something that seem to float all over battlefields, I think they are supposed to be blossims in some cases and cinders in others...

I sure wish CA would do a Medieval 3 using this excellent engine... instead they are doing some console game in the Aliens universe? Bleeeagh.

And lack of modder support is sad... looking back at stuff like The Grand Campaign or Third Age for M2TW makes me nostalgic.

Anyone know if there's any news on their future Total War projects?

Default Performance mods

Spent an hour poking around these forums, but quite frankly i'd rather be playing so I am here to ask the newbie question.

What mods out there can I get to improve performance on my aging budget GPU (8400 GS)? The only one i've noticed so far is a texture mod, but I think there are 4 of them so which one becomes the question there. Anyone know of anything else? I would like to avoid any content modification as I would like to play the Vanilla game before I go messing with things.

Off-Topic
    Any link to uncommon performance tweaks
    Mod suggestions for newer players (colored cards?)

Dogan
    Steam gave me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Mugen's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Performance mods

um i know there is a mod that reduces the amount of trees on the battle map....not sure where i found it though. it helps.

i also believe there is a mod that permanently turns off weather effects....maybe one of Radious's? sorry, i have the files, but i added them months ago.

do you use Game Booster? i get almost a 50% boost to my CPU it works wonders. id be interested in anything that boosts frame rate, i play on my laptop.

hello, does anyone know a mod changing the religion system in any way? cause currently i'm seriously pissed by all these religious riots.

Frodo45127's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Shogun 2 Retexture: tweak the textures for a performance boost.

I got game booster haven't installed it yet (now that its weekend, good time to do that). Trying out that retexture pack too, thanks. Probably drop down to 1024x768 from 1280x720 native so I can read the text, man its hard to learn a game when you can't read what its trying to teach!

Dogan
    Until I can get my 6770 or 6850

Looking for a mod that slows down units and makes matchlocks realisticly overpowered

is it true that you cant change the map on shogun 2

cause if you cant that sucks

but if you can someone needs to tell the westeros total war modders as the whole idea of becoming shogun by taking a settlements works perfectly with the taking of the iron throne in ASOIAF

Bad213Boy's Avatar Semisalis

Use the mods located in my Fog of War Removal Mod link in my signature. Use the links on my page and that Tree Removal Mod. I wouldn't recommend using my Fog of War Removal Mod if you're having performance issues, but there are performance links there.

If you're running a Geforce 8400, I really recommend you upgrade your video card. Hopefully you have a PCIe slot and your upgrade can be as easy as 50-100 bucks. I know sometimes you can find super cheap deals on the net with rebates. If you're not in a hurry, definitely look on ebay, newegg, and frys electronics. If you have a frys by you, they match any internet price and they have awesome rebates on video cards every week.

That 8400 is like 10 years old man. It's time to scrap that thing. Shogun 2 is one the hardest games to get running with eye candy. It's by far the most intense strategy game out there. They key to having a computer to last for 10+ years is to build your own computer. Those already built OEMs computers you see in Best Buy are rip offs. Never spend anything less than $500 when building your own computer either.

You can get by with 2GB of RAM. Most people run 1333MHz speed. That would probably be under powered with 2GB of RAM. But if your can OC your RAM to around 2000-2100MHz, you should be fine. Windows 7 x64, SLI GTX470, 2GB RAM @2100MHz, Q9650 Quad Processor OC @4.5GHz never gives me any problems.
    Last edited by Bad213Boy; January 27, 2012 at 09:53 PM.