Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 924252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Default Re: Shogun 2 Mod Questions & Recommendations

Hi, I hope this thread isn't dead; I was wondering if there is a mod that slows down the pace of battles in FOTS? I hear that darthmod does this, but every description of darthmod is incredibly vague, and I really don't need any of the other bells and whistles of the mod, just slower combat. As an aside, are there any mods that modify the clan traits? I was looking to try learning how to mod myself and wanted to know if it was doable.

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Does this also work with FOTS? The description seems more catered to Sengoku.

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

No, I think variables like fatigue are adjusted per unit. I could be wrong... and sorry for not reading your op!

So I asked the creator of the mod, apparently what he did was change the math behind hit chances and such, so it's a universal effect. Thank you very much for your help! Now, if I only i could get the mod that buffs the FOTS bodyguard to work...

moshedz's Avatar Foederatus

I don't think that is a mod in it of itself. Check Radious and other unit mods. Some may buff General bodyguard. Some may buff Hatamoto only

I just checked for a standalone buff mod, and it does not exist. It is probably hidden in some game-wide 'patch' mod, where someone changes the stats of units.

What do you mean by "work?" Do they die quickly?

I was referring to this mod here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...28&searchtext=

It gives the bodyguard 20 ammo, but doesn't increase their size to 40 men, as advertised. I'm having the same dilemma trying to do some edits myself, where i tried to double the samurai hero's unit size, increase their cap to 2, give them the daikyu projectile, and increase their melee skills, but the only thing that worked was the increased size. I'm totally green with this sort of thing, so I have no idea what the issue might be in either scenario.

Spitfire -WONDERBOLT!'s Avatar Vicarius
    Canterlot Castle, City of Canterlot, Equestria.

Default Mod recomendations.

So after X many years, One week ago, I received a PC that can run the EPIC, Shogun 2,

Bored of villilla I am looking for mod recomendations. I would be pericuarly interested in:

Less Unit Uniformity.

More unit choices.

Two Turns per season
    GIVE CREDIT TO YOUR ENEMY AND LITTLE TO YOURSELF, AS IT MAKES YOUR VICTORY ALL THE GREATER!
    -Under the influence of medically prescribed drugs, please take much salt with this post, you have been warned!

Default Re: Mod recomendations.

I'd give something like S2R+ a go that's the way I generally play but just based on your criterium I'd say you might like Masters of Strategy or Masters of Ambition, research either mod before you use them they change the game quite extensively

Icon5 What are the best mods to combine with FoTS?

As the title says, which mods can I download combined for Fall of the samurai?
    I allready have Darthmod installed, but I find the mod alone a bit underwhelming and I wonder whether I can download some additional mods for some extra flavour, like maybe some unitpacks or mappacks, but I'm scared I will crash my game if I add some other mod.
    So please let me now in your comments which mods you combined for FoTS and what they do.
    I hope you guys give me some recommendations to spice up my game.

Default Any mods for general skill level

Any mod that gives you skill points for generals ?

“It's so much easier to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey . . .”

- Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect 2

Hey, guys, has anybody found a way to make it so that faction leaders aren't stuck with the same battle model and strat model? I get that you'd want Takeda Shingen to look unique with his signature armor and all, but it gets disconcerting if EVERY successive faction leader all look like him! I was amazed that all the other Japanese generals have unique-ish strat models and battle models, has somebody made it so that even the faction leader gets included in that?

Default Not sure where to post this, but does anyone have a link to the ''Enhanced Fire Cavalry'' Mod?

It just looks so ridiculous I can't help but want to try it, but the link is dead.

Civis

i checked to see if anything changed after the update yesterday and i spotted a user created battles category under historical battles.
    Is this just for the regular modded battle maps , or is it a new thing modders can now access? or are there already new modded historical battles , perhaps with scripts.
    Attila: Total War TWC benchmark thread - New results included - last content update 14.03.2015

Default Any tight, well-designed mods to recommend?

Hey, I'm thinking upon going back to S2 nowadays, and plan to have a modded campaign this time. I looked into many threads, but they weren't really what I'm looking for. I need something that simply improves the AI and enhances the existing mechanics, making it a more challenging strategy game, without introducing a -ton of unnecessary units or buildings, nor introducing half-baked&half-broken systems. So, basically sth like a S2 Enhanced, also historical immersion always a plus. Looking into established mods, Radious is too arcady, Darth is criticized with changing too much, MoS adds a lot, and the others don't have a lot reviews and seem to be continually in-development. What do you suggest?

A point aside on modding in general, I made fair amount of mods for other strategy games, and what I always see in the modding community is feature creep. It's too tempting to change & rework the systems, and it's kind of a hubris on modders' side to think that their sweeping changes can somehow work better with the existing AI and mechanics. When faced with the reality, rather than scaling back, many go on to add and change more and more, hence only very small percentage of the mods ever really get completed. I had done that in the past too. I'm not saying that modders should limit themselves to tweaks, but adding more complexity does rarely yield more depth and improve gameplay. DeI (for r2tw), at least when I was following its development, was good in that regards.

Hi everyone and nice to meet you,

This is my first post on these forums.

I have recently started playing shogun 2 as my first Total War game ( I started about 3 months ago by now ) and even though I already managed to finish a few campaigns on normal and hard difficulties , getting to know how the economy works and the basics of earth / naval battles ( and of their units ) I am still only just a rookie to this game and can't wait to find out how to improve.

What I'd like to ask here is : does anyone know of any good balancement mods made by players ? I heard Darth Mod adds more realism but I am not 100% sure that is what I am looking for....( even though I should try it to know I guess... )
    I am looking for some fixes to those units who are considered to be clearly underpowered or that you would not pick for your army in any situation ( ex. mangonels, cannons ) .
    I don't want the mod to make their utility skyrocket up to insane levels, I'd simply like them to be somewhat on par with other units .

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Hello, welcome to the forums sir...I recently installed the Darthmod myself and can heartily recommend it, in terms of bigger battles.
    It certainly adds to the "Realism" and is well balanced in my opinion, whats to lose?, you wont go back to "vanilla" after playing it.
    Last edited by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham; March 31, 2018 at 06:44 AM.

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

I am not too happy with the battle realism or the lack thereof. I downloaded a couple unsatisfactory. I am looking for a realistic interpretation of battles. I did try to fiddle with one of the ones I downloaded, but after a few changes I came to the conclusion, I could spend quite some time doing it just getting it right.

Is there a realistic battle mechanic mod out there. I looked here and on steam and I cannot find one.

Can someone please provide me a mod that makes recruitment for all units to 1 turn please? I want some epic katanas battles! please! (Please not a steam link though).

Foederatus

@nevecohen101 there's some on steam! but frankly if you just want a big ol' battle go into custom battle