Thread: The last samurai mod/meji restoration

liamr's Avatar Laetus

Default The last samurai mod/meji restoration

Hello

So i got to thinking after watching a youtube video of shogun 2: the last samurai which was a very decent attempt but was just takeda fighting chosokabe and then watching the film itself after feeling inspired. i then thought, why is there no last samurai mod in the works?

I would do this myself and post it for you guys but i have zero modding skills so im out of the picture unless someone else could step up or teach me a bit of modding (especially making new units and weapons.... well basically anything)

If someone else were to take this up, i do not care wheather it is true to life or to the film, i just really care that i can play out the last days of the samurai

Thanks!

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: The last samurai mod/meji restoration

not the right time frame i think is one of the major reasons....

plus i think we are waiting to see what euro influences ar4e introduced later to see what becomes viable for mods.

...but its still early days yet......

Would you have to mod the map for this? (New cities and such)
    If so then it's kind of a no-go, I think, the map appears to be unmoddable.

♔DARTH LEGO♔'s Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Dalkar View Post
    Would you have to mod the map for this? (New cities and such)
    If so then it's kind of a no-go, I think, the map appears to be unmoddable.
    well modders and the community are still holding out for this...

long of the short is no-one really knows and its all speculation and conjecture... at this point.

if you go by historical precedent then yes, its a very bleak outlook....however they can only screw the pooch for so long and this is a current thought trend at the moment that we are a hitting a mod friendly patch in the TW's again......hopefully

but again time will tell

So long as its possible to incorperate units and textures from empires i dont see why it wouldnt be possible. Throw some japanese faces on green berrets uniforms and you pretty much have a meiji unit. The arms and bayonet animations would work it would just be a matter of making them work with the new shogun animations.