Thread: Some questions about the economics model

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Some questions about the economics model

My salutations to the team.
    First thing let me congratulate with you for the excellent work, the MOD has a really great realism feeling and an awesome in depth detail care.

I have a few questions about the economic model, as it seems to be quite detailed on itself and I'm trying to create something similar for the vanilla campaign:

1) How did you balance the unit costs and upkeep in relation to city income? I mean, did you set a system where it is supposed a city could afford its garrison plus approximately X income or am I all wrong?

2) How did you set upkeep in relation to unit training cost? Do you use different values for elites, cavalry or mercenaries?

Thanks for any answer and thumbs up for the excellent work!
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Unit costs are based on the number of legions + auxilia mantained by Augustus' empire. So if you control all the land he did (with an average devlopment of city/large city), you should be able to (on normal tax rate) mantain 28 legions and a similar number of auxilia.

Upkeep v. training costs are a bit of a problem, because the AI doesn't really think about upkeep costs when training, so they are generally 1/4 of training cost, give or take a bit on some units.

History is for the future not the past. The dead don't read.

Operam et vitam do Europae Barbarorum.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Thanks for the answer...
    How did you set the approach for premarian units? I think that at least speaking on upkeep the costs should be quite different...
    The Best Is Yet To Come: