Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What could be the expansion pack for MTW2?

Default What could be the expansion pack for MTW2?

I know its a bit early to talk about an expansion pack seeing as the actual game still has months till it comes out but i want to know what timeline people think the expansion pack is going to cover? Or if you believe that there will be no expansion pack because theres nothing really that they can do and that they will start work on the new TW which will most likely have a new engine then please state that.

Do you want to see Viking Invasion 2? Or perhaps something to do with america? Or something to the east in asia? Please say.

Kscott's Avatar New and Improved!

What I want to see:
    Viking Invasion(all Europe)
    Norman Invasion

What Im sure of:
    European Invasion(euro colonize SA, and hopefully africa)

Patron of Basileous Leandros I/Grimsta/rez/ Aemilianus/Publius/ Vizigothe/Ahiga /Zhuge_Liang Under Patronage of Lord Rahl
    MY TWC HISTORY

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Not sure, probably CA would recreate Viking Invasion or some game about American Native.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Confederate Soldier's Avatar Ordinarius

I would like to see one that carries Europe through there era of colonization that will extend the map (If it isn’t all ready) To America, Asia, and Africa.
    I dream of seeing one that has the Confederacy. Now who ever said dreams come true was a damn liar : .
    Proud Crusader for the F.A.I.T.H. and Gunslinger for DIXIE
    People don’t want to live in a world where god’s fight amongst each other, One God is Enough! -Alex Rosewater

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Actually I hope the CA recreate Viking Invasion... Because I think America part should be another big history and should create a series for it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Shadows's Avatar Lurking unseen...........

although another Viking Invasion would be cool. I think an expansion about the colonization of africa would be very cool. Think about it, you would have the Europeans with their superior technology against massive amounts of spear-wielding Africans. Not much different than BI and the horde ability, but still would be a cool aspect to play from. I could reverse history and force the Europeans out of Africa and start my own nation, the USS, United States of Shadows. The main goal of which would be domination over the other tribes of Africa.
    IN PATROCINUVM SVB Virgil (aka 1hHoplite) (1hHoplite's Chaos of Battle Picture Thread)
    Brother to the chivalrous lord, The White Knight, the Evil Einstein of the East, darkragnar and mi nuevo hermano, Ramon Gonzales y Garcia.
    Winner of the Second General Trivia Competition

Well I'cant judge right now on it ... we will see soon

I predict a New World Invasion. It would have a different campaign map, covering the Americas and possibly other places (Africa, India etc.) Civilizations like the Inca and Native American Indians would be present (the Aztecs are already in the game!) and the timescale would be from about 1492 - about the 17th or 18th century.

Could be nice if they make Shogun tw as expansion....

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

krazykarl's Avatar Tech Monkey

I would also like to see an expansion filled with colonization of the world, in Africa, North and South america, India and Australia. If CA were to do this, I hope they do it properly, and include more then just the americas. I would also like to see some thing with regards to the spice trade, as prior to the construction of the panima and suez canals, ships would traval around the southern coast of africa in order to reach india and china.

Edit: if they do do a new world expansion, it would be interesting how they handle the slave trade, I hope they dont politically correctize it.
    Last edited by krazykarl; February 19, 2006 at 09:39 AM.
    -There is no Overkill
    -Apathy causes the least amount of conflict with stupid people

Check out my Guide to creating webpages
    Under the patronage of Incinerate_IV

Stalins Ghost's Avatar Citizen

I'd love to see them do something a little ahistorical- think about the Mongol Invasion for STW- that never occured quite as it does in game. It'd be nice to see them do something little different.
    morecuriousthanbold.com

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

I'm leaning towards a "Renessaince: Total War". I mean, for both RTW and MTW (I don't know about STW, never played it), they have always done an expansion after the actual game. Why stop at RTW? Plus, it seems feasible. MTW II ends at 1500 AD ( I think)

Of course, the faction limit might be a bit of a hindrance, when you think of how many factions there were those days (especially in Italy....yeesh)

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

I would rather not see a expansion that takes us to america.

Lets keep Medieval 2 medieval.

Expansions could be on the Mongol invasions, or an entire arsenal of diffrent things.

Making the game in a diffrent period would just be.....not Medieval.

Maybe for a NEW total war game they could do that, but for expanions? Lets stay in the time period!
    Last edited by Zarekk; February 20, 2006 at 05:05 PM.
    No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country.
    George S. Patton

Proximus's Avatar Nothing To No One

Why not a Viking Invasion 2?
    This time with the whole europe so the Swedes may also have some fun. (Now I really miss the old viking emotion/smilie)

Under the Honoured Patronage of Quintus Maximus Adopted by Valus
    Bestows Patronage upon NobleNick

The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin. When all is orderly, he does not forget that disorder may come. Thus his person is not endangered, and his States and all their clans are preserved.

Civitate

Well, im pretty sure it will be New world Invasion. That wood be a good choice, as CA have never done America.
    I doubt it will be Vikin invasion 2, but it cood easily be Reniassance or Dark ages, both wood be good.
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Osceola's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Ottoman Invasion!

Also, you know how the Alexander expansion for RTW is being made? You think they'll do the same with Genghis Khan?
    Team Member <3

Vikings. Japan.

American Indians are boring and weak.....and high and drunk...

It won't be anything of a later time period as that leads into the age of gunpoweder. Which is what the game after M2TW will probaly be.
    So possibly a rise of the Mongols expansion?

European Invasion (europeans invade america), I think

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

The Darkages would make it a full circle so far. ^^ If that's going to happen then YAY!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast