Thread: Undestroyable buildings II

Default Undestroyable buildings II

Quote Originally Posted by Stabvlator View Post
    Could anyone tell me how I can set a building undestroyable or on the contrary remove this characteristic and make it possible to destroy it (for example a town wall or stockade)? Or, in other words, when creating a fully new building in the game compared to vanilla RTW (in DTW a "colony" for example), how it can be set that this building shall be undestroyable? Thank you a lot!
    and the answer:
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    The keyword 'hinterland' at the beginning of a building name.
    come from Diadochi TW thread
    my question is actually a call for a more in-depth knowledge -
    walls have no such word in front of them - how do I make 'em destroyable (and most important - does it potentially causes CTD)
    core buildings - the same question
    what files need to be edited (except export desc buildings) and how exactly?

Campidoctor

Default Re: Undestroyable buildings II

Anything that changes the appearance of the stratmap cannot be made destructible (except ports for some reason), it's a hardcoded part of the game.

So governors residences, walls, farms, mines and roads cannot be made destructible.

Farms and mines can be worked around a bit by creating completely new types of buildings that use different building attributes to give a similar effect, but it doesn't work 100%.
    Last edited by bobbin; April 09, 2011 at 01:04 PM.

Default Re: Undestroyable buildings II

thank you for the answer. sad though, I wanted to get rid of the walls most of all... mostly because it would get me a more challenging campaign without going on VH/VH...