Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Consulate of Aventinus and Poplicola - 543AVC

Default Re: Consulate of Aventinus and Poplicola - 543AVC

I will bring the kingdom of Macedonia to its knees.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Bah, none of you have any backbone,you condemn Pallas while you lick his red boot.

Whilst you sit there and complain like a child who has not gotten its own way Caldius.

I must first offer my congratulations to our new Tribune may serve the people well during his time in office and congratulations to all those who achieved office.

Secondly, I support Pallas' free hand, whilst his methods have been controversial they are effective that cannot be denied. At the same time I suggest that we sue for peace with Carthage, their previous power is decrepit in comparison. Let us crush Macedonia and pacify Spain. Following this we can deal once and for all with the weakened heirs of Dido.

With this in consideration I request a report on our Spanish holdings so that we may better judge the situation.
    Last edited by Crozimodo; April 10, 2011 at 06:15 PM.
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

"I agree with Senator Gerges. What is the state of our Iberian holdings" Faustus bowed his head slightly to the Senator, a sign of respect and accepting his congratulations.
    Rabble rousing, Pleb Commander CK23

Moreover, If I might add, I nominate Senator Scaeva to return to the Censorship. He last term proved admirable in his position I am sure we can all agree. Will a senator second that proposition that we might have a full and functional Senate and that all here are responsible for their actions.
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

Ave fellow senators i apologise for my long absence i have been attending to family matters
    straight to business i second senator Gerges proposal
    YATS Renius Domitius Orso Plebian 38

Maiar93's Avatar Primicerius

I feel the same way as you, Gerges. I support Scaeva's return to Censorship - he deserves it.
    Predictor of AAR Plot Points and a wannabe forum ninja

Nota''s Avatar Campidoctor

In that case, consuls put these motions to the vote!
    *Spurius bowed elaboratly at Poplicola, using his stump to hold the toga in at his waist*

Such an action would be of doubtful legality,especially as Scaeva has already ran for an office this year.

Censor Suffectus then Aulus, seeing as the office is currently unfilled, yet we have already had the elections, would that sooth your worries of legality?

Yes it would.

"I second to motion to make Senator Scaeva Censor Suffectus this term." Faustus smiled at the Senator and nodded at Senator Gerges.

Lucius was fairly surprised and annoyed at the obvious sarcasm produced by Scaeva for him benefit but continued.

Both motions will therefore be put to vote.
    Lucius Valerius Poplicola - Patrician - 34

So, shall I depart for Macedon once more, or has the Senate seen fit to absolve me of all my sins?

Crusades

I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

"I believe we have come to the majority decision that you are to return and bring the barbaric Macedonians to their knees." Faustus was spurred on by the thought of conquest, his wicked grin flashed across his face. "However, before you leave Consul...what are the reports on the financials? the states of the settlements within Italy herself and the Provincial Governors settlements?" Faustus inquired to the entire Senate.

Well so far the vast majority supports you Pallas, but many Senators are yet to vote. Wait a little longer for some of the slower senators to reach a decision.
    *Spurius listened to Faustus*
    Yes, where the hell is that damned Quaestor?

Their silence is a sign that they have agreed to the terms that has been proposed before them without needing to publically declare themselves an ally to myself and my cause. I see no reason to delay my journey to Macedon. The Senate is agreed in the matter, is it not?

Crusades

No Pallas it is not,their silence is an indication of their cowardice.

Faustus eyed the former Tribune, and his fellow Senator, Aulus with suspicion. It was unlike him to be calling out Senators, something must be bothering him. "Senator Aulus, please...cowardice? I doubt they are afraid to speak their minds, they likely share the same opinion many of us do and they merely see it pointless to convey an opinion which has been stated."

Aulus stands.

Pallas Rutulus Aventinus is a Snake,a Murderer and a War criminal,that is an opinion that we all share,we have power to stop him.
    But do we do so?

No.

Poplicola sits always with tears in his eyes,yet he lets the Republic die a slow death,why do you not stand Poplicola?

The Sinister sits with no sword arm,yet he lets the Republic die a slow death,why do you not stand Sinister?

Corvenus sits with pity for himself,yet he lets the Republic die a slow death,why do you not stand Corvenus?

The Traitor sits with Greed in his eyes,he helps the Republic die,why Traitor?

The People sits with his Gods behind him,yet he lets the Republic die a slow death,why do you not stand People?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast