Thread: About city building...

Libertus

Default About city building...

i saw what says in totalwar official site, and i dont know if the city building will be exactly like RTW or will i be able to construct my own Kerak fortress, my own Minas Tirith, a super fortress from my own design? although it's clear that are six levels in a city, each with it's own predifined plan, but what wanted to know is if i can build a castles anywhere i want, like forts in rtw, but upgrade them, to like i said, to huge super fortresses

We will all know come nearer to the release of it

Echolyn's Avatar Laetus

I really hope we can design cities but since the AI will be likely not being able to coope with that will have to waitand see. What I DO really want to see is an better Battle Editor. I remember the MTW battle editor, which was great in that you could design your own castles, too bad the RTW battle editor is soo restricted.

Slimshoom's Avatar Civitate

I do not think the ability to design cities will be included in the game. Although one thing i would like to see is an ability to, once taking over a province and the settlement within it, would be the ability to destruct that settlement, and move the entire population and building a new settlement in the province in a more strategic or crucial spot within the province, such as on top of a hill or by a bridge. That would be cool.
    Under the Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus
    Grandson of the Black Prince

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

I don't think so too, because it may make the game too complicated, and AI, you know, won't design a city properly... you won't like to destory everything and redesign again right? (But personally, I love to destory everything and redesign everything again... Everytime when I saw Rome got a barbarian building, I really felt it was not so nice...)(Forget to ask... where can I download Lord of Ring - Total War?)
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

This will damage the A.I ... I guess its not a great Idea .... we must ensure that the AI will be much better than RTW.

But say if you were allowed to design cities, so that the AI could somewhat cope they would be able to do the same aswell. Now imagine if that happened. I think the AI would ened up ruling the empire because it's mins is running of the processor and out think you. Ha, oh how that would be humourous