Thread: Is it possible to change vassal attitude towards to the owner?

Default Is it possible to change vassal attitude towards to the owner?

In shogun 2 vassal will declare war on its owner, is it possible to change this attitude. And i dont know if vassal will declare war one other vassals even they have the same owner. I really hate that once i captured kyoto then everyone declare war on me even vassals

Civis

Default Re: Is it possible to change vassal attitude towards to the owner?

This should actually be moved to the game play section.

Yes, the easy way to keep a vassal is to arrange marriage. In this way, even if the vassal is lost they will be ready willing and able to become an ally as they are blood kin. I do not know if the blood kin clans will rebel against you at the whim of Kyoto, but under all other circumstances I have yet to have them turn on me. Granted, I have not been through the RD as I have been playing for my own objectives and ignoring the game objectives mostly as I have been trying to find the common math behind the faction AIs. Just as a side note, I have been sorely disappointed to discover you can repeat a game step for step as long as you can make the same exact moves and decisions as you did before with next to no differences but for a minor one or two for at least 25 seasons.
    If seeking instant gratification without thought to repercussions, take a shotgun to it!

Default Re: Is it possible to change vassal attitude towards to the owner?

Quote Originally Posted by HawkDreams View Post
    This should actually be moved to the game play section.

Yes, the easy way to keep a vassal is to arrange marriage. In this way, even if the vassal is lost they will be ready willing and able to become an ally as they are blood kin. I do not know if the blood kin clans will rebel against you at the whim of Kyoto, but under all other circumstances I have yet to have them turn on me. Granted, I have not been through the RD as I have been playing for my own objectives and ignoring the game objectives mostly as I have been trying to find the common math behind the faction AIs. Just as a side note, I have been sorely disappointed to discover you can repeat a game step for step as long as you can make the same exact moves and decisions as you did before with next to no differences but for a minor one or two for at least 25 seasons.
    Yes, I have noted this too meaning that unless you are next to the Oda as Tokugawa and go fight with them yourself (or leave them alone), there is basically nothing you can do to stop them being slaughtered after the first turn. I even tried to give them more troops and increased the experience of everything they owned into 5 to no avail...