Thread: Ronin recruit

Default Ronin recruit

I would like to see Ronin more but not too much. I've noticed when i capture a country one asigaru pop up. I think that is where the ronin should go. some samurai will lose a job when that happening.
    Last edited by troispoint; April 09, 2011 at 12:22 AM.

Default Re: Ronin recruit

thats a good proposal ..

According to the Bushido Shoshinshu (the Code of the Samurai), a samurai was supposed to commit oibara seppuku (also "hara kiri" – ritual suicide) upon the loss of his master. One who chose not to honor the code was "on his own" and was meant to suffer great shame. The undesirability of rōnin status was mainly a discrimination imposed by other samurai and by the daimyo (the feudal lords).
    Like regular samurai, rōnin wore their two swords. Rōnin used a variety of other weapons too. Some rōnin, usually if they lacked money, would carry a bō (staff around 5 to 6 ft) or jō (smaller staff or walking stick around 3 to 5 ft) or they would use a yumi (bow). Most weapons would reflect the ryu or bujutsu school they came from if they were students.
    During the Edo period, with the shogunate's rigid class system and laws, the number of rōnin greatly increased. Confiscation of fiefs during the rule of the third Tokugawa shogun Iemitsu resulted in an especially large increase of rōnin. During previous ages, samurai were easily able to move between masters and even between occupations
    Wouldnt it be nice, that it is possible after an occupation to give the possibility to recruit some of the Ronin (samurai that lost their daimyo)?