Thread: AAR- Shadows in Winter

Default AAR- Shadows in Winter

This is my First AAR, I have always wanted to make one in an earlier game, or even a Mod (RSII TATW, Broken Crescent) but never really took the time to. However I have been getting into the depth of the RP aspect of Shogun 2 and decided to write one up. I dunno if there is an AAR section of the Forum but I thought I would land it here and see what y'all think. Hope you enjoy. Oh BTW its Hattori clan on VH/VH

The Hattori clan has always been the agents of the Shogun. These other states! They want power and Greed! To destroy the Shogun! How they destroy themselves! These are dark times for the Hattori clan; our leader is slain in battle, as well as our greatest General. Now the widowed wife of the Daimyo tries to hold the clan together while a new general emerges from the ranks to serve in these dark times… This is the story of Abe Mitsunaga

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    It was 1554, late fall. I could feel the winter coming. We had just won a minor victory over the Mori clan and are resting at the great castle of Kyoto. We were awaiting the General’s orders as he received news by our ninja scouts of a Mori advance. We were to cut them off in the valley, undermanned and under-armed we knew we had to use the art of surprise and stealth to defeat our foe. “Yoshirou!” I heard my brother yell to me “Wait up!” looking at him I frown
    “Why wait, General Mitsunaga says we must reach the pass before winter.”
    “Just wait a second, not the whole day!” he says laughing as he catches up to me and pats my shoulder “Our Ninjas have injured their Daimyo and slain the Generals that were to lead the attacks, they are leaderless for now”
    “But we are still outnumbered; we cannot use the lack of leadership as an excuse to be careless”
    “Of course not brother, simply trying to give you some good news”
    -Infact I was happy, our ninjas were strong, the strongest in all of Japan-

-The leaderless army then marched forth, in the middle of winter, it was as we had planned, still outnumbered we stood ready and when we saw our chance, in the cold winter night, we launched our strike!

General Mitsunaga was a cunning man, he used the night to have ambush parties in the woods, and we surrounded the enemy as they slept. Dipping our army in black ink before the fight we were invisible, the proud Mori wore their bright red. They had seen the main of our force and closed camp quickly putting on the bright red armor, to stand out like blood in the white snow. I was deployed with the General, not of the ambushing forces, and heard his speech.

The Attack was quick! We did not give them much time to think at all and we suddenly surrounded them. They fought desperately but we fought harder, our black armor now stained red with their blood!

The battle Raged on, but not for too long before they started to fall back, in a panic, they could not see us, they could only feel our blades in their flesh.

The army was utterly defeated, we made sure none of them went back to tell their Mori brothers of this defeat. Tired, war torn and undersupplied we marched to the woods to sleep the day away in the cold winter. The sun warmed us and some of us slept well, we kept our black painted armor on, painting over the blood of the spilled the previous night. Our scout’s wake us at night fall, the Mori were marching out again. Without their leaders they did not even know the last army was wiped out! Expecting to see their Mori brothers waiting for them, we prepare in the trees.

I was deployed with my brother on the ambushing flank, we were armored katana samurai and our mission was to destroy the enemy archers. The General was going to be with the main forces, the Yari lines, both Samurai and footmen. The Archers were just south of us, they were with some few spear men to shoot the enemy in their backside. IT was quiet and we heard the enemy creeping by, we were spread thin compared to them, I could not have doubts in my mind. Our black armor hid us all but our white breath. I did not see the General’s speech this time, but knew he would fight harder than ever. Hearing his horn we charge….

My Katana cuts through the Archers as if they were warm butter, not paying attention to the battle it seemingly goes well, we had them trapped and our advance was unstoppable. They were taken by surprise and had no true leadership. The Yari line was holding and we were cutting our way to them through their archers. Looking up I see General Mitsunaga’s charge into the flank of Yari Samurai. Trying to focus on the battle I witness his death. A Mori Yari caught his jaw and tore him down! Giving out a Cry we charge to recover his body! At that time the Yari flank breaks! It’s just us! “Get to his body!” I yell “He still lives!” To give the men hope!

We killed a hundred men to get to the body, and when we got there, he was dead, but, so was the Mori, and those who lived were scattered. Looking to my brother I laugh then look around, there was only a few of us left… not an army, no General…. “We need to build camp! Or we freeze!” I yell and the remaining men begin moving, they didn’t know what to do either, it was freezing “Someone help me look for living or wounded! Leave no Mori alive” we search the dead, somehow gaining victory from this.

The next morning our scouts report a full Mori retreat! Victory! We return to the castle with no leader.
    --- Winter is over, the feud with the Mori was the last we have seen, it is spring and negotiations for peace have been discussed by our Regent. I do not know what is next for the empire but I do know that General Abe Mitsunaga’s death was not in vain

Now, a new threat comes, The mighty horsemen of the Takeda clan wish a shot at the Shogun, it is up to us to defend his lands using the shadows and our art of stealth!

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Default Re: AAR- Shadows in Winter

Very good so far Protecting the Shogun? That's different... I like it
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Default Re: AAR- Shadows in Winter

the rest of my campaign has not been this epic, Though I am trying to turtle up and get strong before I decide to have a realm divide. Maybe the next story will be 'the betrayal of the Shogun'