Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: List of Factions

Default Re: List of Factions

Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    No, because we are doing the startpos as complete right from the beginning. I want to avoid going back to that file as much as possible considering what else must be done.
    dont forget its tendency to completely anniliate itself

Tango12345's Avatar Never mind the manoeuvres...
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

That is why I want to minimise the amount we go back to it.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Have you already finished researching the leaders and their ministers for the start of the game? If not, I would be willing to do that.

Major: British Empire, French Empire, Austrian Empire (not Austria-Hungary which operated from 1867), Kingdom of Prussia ,Russian Empire, USA ,Spanish Empire ,Kingdom of Italy, Ottoman Empire
    Minor:Belgium, Netherlands, Portugal, Norway, Sweden,Denmark, Mexico, Afghanistan, Persia, Greece, Morocco, Columbia, Guatemala, Venezuela, Haiti,Papal States, German Confederation (Bavaria,Saxony,Wuttemburg,Hannover)
    Protectorates : Mexico(french) ,Mameluks-Egypt (Ottoman) , Indian Princely States (British)
    Emergent: Hungary, Bavaria,Saxony,Wuttemburg,Hannover,Whestphalia, Poland, Ireland, Canada , India, Two Sicilies
    Last edited by Count von Orlok; March 24, 2013 at 06:57 AM.

We have yet to look at the ministers in any detail (as a campaign is on the back burner until after we release the first version of the mod).

That said, feel free to research that here if you wish.

Derpy Hooves's Avatar Bombs for Muffins
    My flagship, the Litany of Truth, spreading DESPAIR across the galaxy

Alright. Will do. Also, I've been searching around the threads looking for a more specific date of when the mod starts, couldn't find any. So what month does it begin? The day after the American Civil War ends? I ask because for example I believe The Lord Palmerston Government ends sometime late 1865

As far as any research need be concerned it starts the day after the Confederate surrender.

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

What day exactly that was can be a little fuzzy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conclus...ending_the_war

The last Confederate force to surrender was actually the CSS Shenandoah, a Confederate ship stationed in Liverpool England, which surrendered on November 6 1865.

The last Confederate surrender of land forces on American soil was that of Cherokee Stand Watie who surrendered on June 23rd 1865.

It'd make alot of sense to start it based off the season...there are 2 turns per year in vanilla Empire Total war....if the first turn is winter and the second turn is summer, then Palmerston should be the starting PM of GB.....if its the other way around then John Russell should be instead.

You could also take the exact date approach, in which case the best date to start would most likely be June 23rd, in which case Palmerston should start off as PM.

Im using wikipedia by the way, the only British PM i know anything about is Churchill lol

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

EDITED: Please delete
    Last edited by Altzek; April 01, 2013 at 08:45 AM.

Nice to know you had a second thought on Two Sicilies.

Pazu, if you want to get all nitty gritty with things like the last ship with the surrender date then the end of the second world war would be when the last japanese soldier surrendered (1974). Needless to day I have no patience with such things. There is a point (which comes pretty quickly) after which it really stops being relevant.

My final end date is usually the surrender of Stand Watie (last confederate force of any significance) on June 23rd 1865. Often though, the surrender of Lee works just as well for practical purposes.

Nice to know you had a second thought on Two Sicilies.

I'm afraid not. The list Orlok posted is out of date, please see the link below for the finalised list of factions.

www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?565030-MOD-LEADERS-BULLETIN-EDITION-IV-The-Map
    Last edited by Tango12345; March 25, 2013 at 04:30 PM.

Goddarn it...

Well, the mod starts in 1865 and the KotTS was conquered and merged into Italy in 1861, so it wouldn't really work.

Cuauchiquetl's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Tango12345 View Post
    Mexico starts as a French protectorate. (whether it will be absolute or constitutional monarchy has yet to be decided).
    I don't know if this is up to date, but wouldn't it be easier to just put the Mexican Republic and the Mexican Empire to be rebels (I know it doesn't make historical sense), I'm saying it because your time frame is 1865-1914 and I think the Mexican Empire exists only during 2 years of that frame (June 1865-June 1867) and because they didn't have enough man-power to be "really considered a faction" Maximilian didn't have a lot of support.

These are just suggestions, in the end you should do as you consider better, I will play your mod anyway

Good luck on your mod, I think it will be awesome

For those who haven't seen this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rovinces/page2 it's now possible to convert passable wilderness regions to conquerable ones with region capitals. So there could be the Mexican empire protectorate in new Spain region and republican Mexico in Sierra madre region.

Wismar's Avatar Civis

You should just make Sweden and Norway into one faction because they were in a union through the whole victorian era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_b...den_and_Norway

Pazu the Kitsune's Avatar Shopkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by Wismar View Post
    You should just make Sweden and Norway into one faction because they were in a union through the whole victorian era.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Union_b...den_and_Norway
    They do mate - Sweden-Norway is a starting faction, with Norway as an emergent (Norway seceded from this union in 1905, which is in our mods timeframe ^^)

"If you can keep your head when all about you
    Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,"

-First lines to the poem "If-" (by Rudyard Kipling)

Ok im just gonna say this. When this comes out , it will be SOOOO cool

indeedm is going to be the best mod, in my opinion, just for the amount of units for so many nations ina so different age, oh, one question, will they be rains? and steamships in campaing map? : )

We aren't changing the weather.

As to your second question, I believe the answer lies in one of the mod leaders bulletins

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast