Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: reccomended submods with Empire realism

Default Re: reccomended submods with Empire realism

i can check but please provide links for those so i can find them. Some i recognize but not all.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

I think i can help out here. Reply in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by lexo1000 View Post
    Hello, I rediscover your great mod after one year left from the game. I got my own list of small mod that I like to use with. Can you tell me wich one are compatible with ETR IV?
    - Equipment Tweak Mod v1.3 [erasmus777] Yes
    - Fixed-Replaced Hats & Headwear v1.1 [Ahiga] No fully, because it interferes with Spanky's Militia Mod which is used in ER (needs a bit customisation, but then, yes)
    - Gunports on Ships! v1.1 [jarnomiedema] No clue, if it is about ship textures then probably no
    - Empire Total Flag 2.8a [JFC] Yes
    - Grand Campaign Graphics Overhaul [jarnomiedema] Yes
    - Pipmod v0.4 [waronmars] No clue, but i think ER has its own pip mod, so that could cause trouble if they use the same data
    - Atmospheric Battle Sound Effects Mod 1.2a [pisoiasul] Yes, probably
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Also, i strongly reccomend you guys trying graphical adjustment mods made by lordsith.. he created several of them which are porting some parts of NTW graphics/campaign maps/ lightning to ETW..

here are links:

NTW Graphic Environment: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ic-environment

Improved graphical filters: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...c-mod-from-NTW

Campaign battle maps from NTW: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...leon-total-war

all are compatible with ER4, anyway i would suggest to change these packs to movie type first so you dont need to alter user script..

Lordsith appears to have removed all of these in favor of his total overhaul (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...r-project-v2-6).
    Any thoughts on how to integrate all of his graphics changes from that with ER, keeping everything ER?

Actually his mods were just extractions of some filters from NTW, it should be possible to do it independently. Anyway his overhaul is not compatible, as it changes same files as ER does..

Foederatus

I just installed and was abit confused with your descriptions.

Are the essential included sub-mods included...or essential if we want to download them? Lol
    I'm leaning towards included but because they were all individually linked I am a little confused.

I want those mods but didn't want to download them all individually if they are already bundled in this mod.

Clarity would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

they are included. They are linked to give authors the credit for their work.

Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    Also, i strongly reccomend you guys trying graphical adjustment mods made by lordsith.. he created several of them which are porting some parts of NTW graphics/campaign maps/ lightning to ETW..

here are links:

NTW Graphic Environment: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ic-environment

Improved graphical filters: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...c-mod-from-NTW

Campaign battle maps from NTW: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...leon-total-war

all are compatible with ER4, anyway i would suggest to change these packs to movie type first so you dont need to alter user script..
    So no way to use these anymore given the combination of them into a bigger, non-compatible mod? I have no idea how to extract them from NTW myself, as you say in a later post is how it was done. Anyone perhaps have the original files that were released before being removed?

Also, would you happen to have the diplomacy fix mod file you linked here? The .zip from the thread is broken, would love to have this before starting a campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by JaM View Post
    another good mod - diplomacy fix which makes random war declaration less likely to happen (post #8 by Ryker )- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=449918

Campidoctor

I want to offer my most recommended submods for ER, which I've been using this past week during a great campaign. The main thing that bothered me about vanilla ETW, and so ER at first without the alterations, was the sounds of the muskets and cannons. Turns out there are some really great sound mods out there that are fully compatible, spent some time looking through them and settled on my favorites. Both of these mention that the sounds come from recording the actual weapons, and even though I don't know the first (middle or last) thing about any of it, sounds real as hell to me.

First, in my opinion the best sounding muskets available, General Andy's Musket Sounds.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Musket-Sounds

And some really amazing artillery sounds from Gerald Duval's Realism Soundpack.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...t-sounds-5-27)

The only issue is compatibility between the these two submods themselves. But that's very easily fixed in seconds. General Andy's sounds don't require mod manager or anything, just drop into data folder and it's good to go. Gerald Duval's mod however has both artillery and musket sounds, and to get just the artillery sounds to work without overwriting the musket sounds of the previous submod, you just gotta use Pack File Manager to delete all the category entries for muskets. Unfortunately I don't remember exactly what they were called, but it'll be self evident soon as you open it up. Then just save the new pack file and use mod manager to load it up.

Now you can enjoy fully immersive sounds to go along with the beautiful smoke already included in ER.

Other than that, I'm just using a few more submods that were already recommended in this thread. Modified Deployment Zones (wide and far distance for all that pre-battle maneuvering action), Equipment Tweak Mod to remove backpacks and replace them with satchels and smaller bags for ammo and such, Realistic Flags for more historical representations I would imagine.

Also probably most importantly (or probably not), Better Textures from NTW (post #23 from Liu Zheng). It's the only 1 of 3 linked in an earlier post by JaM that still had a separate download available since they've been combined and used in some bigger mod all together. Makes a huge difference visually, pretty much made me not care about vanillaish units and stuff because of how much better it makes everything look.

Campidoctor

Holy crap you guys. Using PackFileManager, you can use the unit textures from AUM with ER. If you just open up the AUM Optional Graphics pack with that program (the optional graphics pack is the one that reskins most of the vanilla units, the main AUM download is the one that adds most of the units... from what I gather), delete all the entries except the units one, and boom. I'm just testing it out now and damn everything looks beautiful. Almost everything looks reskinned, though to be fair I just started looking through the factions and units and stuff. Just had to share this. And it's save game compatible and all that, you can even look at previously saved battle replays with the new looks. Woooo!

yes, it is something i planned to do, but i was waiting for permision from Swiss Halberdier.. i still plan to do it, but right now im a bit busy with Rome 2 Total Realism development.

Campidoctor

Nice, official version would be great. Hey by the way, are militia units meant to look the same as line infantry for each nation? I thought there was a different color for them with the militia submod that was mentioned included with ER standard, and looking at the pack file I see that there are units named militia and they do have unique looks different from line infantry. If that is the case, it wasn't working for me, even with just a clean install of ER. Any ideas?

Militias used similar uniforms, anyway vanilla style uniforms were used just as a workaround till i have approvals to use some different textures.

Campidoctor

Oh ok. Unfortunately even a separate download of the Proper Militia mod doesn't work for some reason, militia units still have the same skin as line infantry. Oh well, maybe in the future, I was okay with them looking the same cause I guess it makes sense, why not.

i have only used different militia look for militias in Americas. Those were usually composed of local settlers. Anyway European militia, received normal uniforms and weapons, so them looking like line infantry is realistic. (yet, some of Colonial Militia regiments British risen in Americas, also had red coats similar to line units, yet those are modeled separately via Colonial Line Infantry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooz View Post
    Holy crap you guys. Using PackFileManager, you can use the unit textures from AUM with ER. If you just open up the AUM Optional Graphics pack with that program (the optional graphics pack is the one that reskins most of the vanilla units, the main AUM download is the one that adds most of the units... from what I gather), delete all the entries except the units one, and boom. I'm just testing it out now and damn everything looks beautiful. Almost everything looks reskinned, though to be fair I just started looking through the factions and units and stuff. Just had to share this. And it's save game compatible and all that, you can even look at previously saved battle replays with the new looks. Woooo!
    Wow awesome find! This should hold me over till the next ER/NER release!

Ok here is my list so far:

-realistic flags
    -napoleon better textures (from earlier in this thread)
    -grandcampaign graphics mod
    -aum optional graphics (modified as mentioned above)
    -baroque UI
    -modified deployment zones close

For sounds I am using a mix from several mods:
    -Imperial Splendor cannon sounds
    -General andy muskets
    -impact sound from some mod which I don't remember: it adds screams and immersive combat sounds.

All in all it adds up to what is basically the perfect Empire experience for me.

The_Athenian's Avatar Civis

Does any one have a startpos.esf for Empire Realism that makes minor factions playable?

Can I have an update for any good sub-mods for ER?

Quote Originally Posted by L1Mavrick View Post
    Can I have an update for any good sub-mods for ER?
    I'm using the following and confirm they work well:

Empire Total Flags
    Amazing Musket Sounds (I wanted General Andy's Muskets but its no longer available. I believe this has been made in part from Andy's muskets and it sounds really good.
    Grand Campaign Graphics
    Better Textures from NTW

I want to use the Equipment Tweak Mod and Modified Deployment Zones but I don't think they're available the links no longer work.

I also have Tuca's Period Music but haven't added it yet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast