Thread: Starting Battles e.g. Flarchheim

Default Starting Battles e.g. Flarchheim

I have read some where in the forums that all armies will be placed as historically accurate as possible at the beginning of the campaign (1080), but I'm sure some battles took place near the date the mod starts. How will those battles be represented. Will the battle of Flarchheim (January, 1080) or Elster (October, 1080) be just an end turn away or will they have taken place already. Will the HRE be engaged in a civil war or not.
    Last edited by omicron32; April 08, 2011 at 02:11 AM. Reason: added dates

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Default Re: Starting Battles e.g. Flarchheim

HRE will be in the state of civil war, and the battles you mention would be good to re-create since all we need to do is place the armies next to each other.
    The Byz also had some nice situations in 1080 with Nikephoros Melissenos and Nikephoros III Botaneiates placed around the capital. The correct placement of rebels in general will be pretty important, I can think of at least 10 factions off the top of my head that had important rebels in 1080.

If you want to help please add these chracters to '1080 start date characters' here
    https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...3c&hl=en#gid=1

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    I can think of at least 10 factions off the top of my head that had important rebels in 1080.]
    And so what will these rebels do if they are not dealt with quickly? Are they scripted to attack certain settlements or will they just stand in your lands and do nothing like most rebels in SS...?
    Last edited by mynameisowen; April 15, 2011 at 04:30 AM.
    Looking forward to Dominion of the Sword
    PSN ID: mynameisowen; add me if you play GT5 or Battlefield.

No script. Probably just stand there yeah that's not our fault though its the engine.
    Besides you will start with your main enemy- the rebel stack right next to your FL and his stack- so you might not have a choice but to fight them

There have definitely been mods that have improved rebels and made them reactive such that they attack your settlements. I have been playing sputnik's "Restless Natives" submod for Chivalry II, and the rebels definitely attack your cities in that mod. I'm not sure if they are scripted or not, but you could ask him how he did it.

Here's the link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=431721

Cheers +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Cheers +rep
    No problem, I hope that it helps.