Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Atmospheric Sounds Mod v. 1.35 + Twosocks Formation Sounds v6

Icon2 Atmospheric Sounds Mod v. 1.35 + Twosocks Formation Sounds v6

former More pain sounds mod, renamed to Atmospheric Sounds Mod to avoid confusion

Features:

More screams, and pain sounds when projectiles impacts soldiers, adding realism and authenticity to the atmosphere of the battlefield.

• 30 different sounds added for arrow, bullet and cannonball impacts, some sounds are more subtle than others, but you will hear the difference.
    • Moaning sounds from dead soldiers for all projectiles and melee weapons
    • All the sounds used in this mod are extracted from the original game files, all of them are made by CA for Shogun 2: Total War.

Click for YouTube Video

Here you can watch another video from a similar mod made by me for ETW : http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=275757

Changelog: - v.1.35 (23.10.2011)

• Updated Twosocks formation sounds imported from his latest Traditional Japan Music MOD - VERSION (V6) (20.10.2011) - Twosocks mod is fully compatible with mine, and highly recommended for a true immersive and authentic sound experience.
    • Increased volume of moaning sounds for melee kills (where almost inaudible in v.1.3) .

(please don't forget that this is in MOD format so you have to update your user.script.txt or use the one in the archive).

Old versions CHANGELOG

v.1.3 (04.06.2011)

• Changed .pack to Mod format, to avoid future problems and for full compatibility with the latest patch (you will have to use a script for now on for this mod to work, installation instructions changed ).
    • Added 3 new distinct moaning sounds made from scratch using only CA original Shogun 2 sound files (over 50 sounds used in the mix, removed old moaning sound).
    • The moaning sounds have an individual character now – no more mixed different soldiers voices produced by only one source like in previous versions.
    • 50% reduction in volume for melee group impact sounds (annoying high-pitched wood plank sounds when units group first collide).
    • Further normalized projectile impacts pain sounds to bring the volume in line with CA pain sounds introduced with patch 5.
    • NEW – added Twosocks excellent formation sounds imported from The Traditional Japan Music MOD - ULTIMATE VERSION (V5) (Twosocks mod is fully compatible with mine, and highly recommended for a true immersive and authentic sound experience).
    • All packed in one mod, no more add-on or version without moaning sounds (a modular version will be uploaded only by request for use in other mods).

v.1.2 (13.05.2011)

• updated for PATCH 5, the impact sounds added by CA with patch 5 were left untouched.
    • arrow impact sounds are now tied to CA flesh impact sounds thanks to addition of new sounds effects in PATCH 5 (in former version they are tied to armor impact sounds)
    • added a very subtle reverb effect to reflect the sound realistically in open space.
    • add-on with 80% reduction in volume for melee group impact sounds (annoying high pitched wood plank sounds when units first collide).

v.1.1 (10.04.2011)

• changed and added some sounds for arrow impact screams, for more variety.
    • new version with moaning sounds from dead soldiers for all projectiles and melee weapons (the sound used for moaning is not made by CA, I used the moaning sound from my previous mod for ETW).
    • addon with amplified and normalized melee combat fond sounds(normalized to maximum volume without distortion).

Credits:

Twosocks for his formation sounds from Traditional Japan Music MOD
    Please give some feedback and rep to Twosocks on his page for his excellent formation sounds.

Installation:

Remove all my previous versions of this mod, including the former addon from your game data folder.
    Extract the MOD_ATM_sounds_v1.35.pack found in the .rar archive to your data folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\total war shogun 2\data).
    Copy the file user.script.txt (found in the archive) to the script folder of the game:
    For example
    C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Application Data\The Creative Assembly\Shogun2\scripts
    or add this line - mod MOD_ATM_sounds_v1.35.pack; to your existing user.script.txt
    Should be compatible with all mods that do not edit projectiles impact sounds.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD v.1.35
    Fully compatible with the latest Official Patch
    Last edited by pisoiasul; November 25, 2011 at 01:46 PM.

Shabby_Ronin's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: More pain sounds mod

Thanks.
    "...I'll look for something else. We're surrounded by water. Why are we eating knob?"

How odd. Why wouldn't the game use these to begin with if they're in the original files?

Regardless, thanks.

Finnish Rebel's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you. I'll try this tomorrow. Also wondering the same thing as adbr...

SonOfOdin's Avatar More tea?

You're the man!
    I downloaded it because I used your mods in the previous games, but it would be nice to have a video with the sounds for new users
    /The Eagle Standard/Under the patronage of Omnipotent-Q/Werder Bremen fan/

Raimeken's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by adbr View Post
    How odd. Why wouldn't the game use these to begin with if they're in the original files?

Regardless, thanks.
    Recent TW games have had alot of bloat files, maybe cause they were scrapped before they went gold, luckily they leave them in just in case we wanna use them (like the Japanese speech fix)

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

pisoisal - permission to use in all in one mod mate and +rep, nice job!

thx!!!

but no chance to raise meleecombat sounds?!

keep your unique work on!

Quote Originally Posted by adbr View Post

Regardless, thanks.
    The files are from heroes units, I found that heroes have an insane number of pain and death sounds, aproximative 20-30 different sounds for just one hero, so the sounds are used in game.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    pisoisal - permission to use in all in one mod mate and +rep, nice job!
    You can use the file, but it will be a little tricky because I found that strangely works only saved in patch format, I was getting CTD's in movie format, never test it in mod format though.

Quote Originally Posted by zonelord View Post
    thx!!!

but no chance to raise meleecombat sounds?!

keep your unique work on!
    I will make an add-on with amplified melee sounds when I’ll have a little spare time.

Thanks to all for the comments

Radious's Avatar I came, I saw, I modded

It looks like most sound mods have problems to work in movie formats - Japanese speach fix doesnt work in movie, this doesnt work in movie. Cant remember if it was same in ETW and NTW.

Thanks!

Brips's Avatar Ducenarius

Excellent!! I was wondering about: why the hurt guys on the ground didn't scream more before! (20 sounds of pain for heroes units, jesus why CA did it?)
    very well done
    Last edited by Brips; April 08, 2011 at 04:58 AM.
    All map textures improved mod(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=395355
    Real crazy medieval music (4pages!):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389092
    More war horn sounds(MTW2,DLV)!
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=229015
    More Loading screens MEGA pack Team!(MTW2,DLV):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=389893
    Mods Oblivion and Fallout3:
    Tape "Brips" on nexus then go to author name "Brips".

Got any vids?

Regarding the melee sounds, what the hell are you on about Zonelord?? They're the best melee sounds CA have ever made and do not need to be amplified. What I would look into OP, is the 'background' melee sound - do you think you might be able to remove that? I'm sure that the actual 'contact' melee sounds are more than enough on their own - and that would also remove the clashing of swords effect when routers are being chased down; after all, you're not going to hear clashing of swords under those circumstances, only swords penetrating flesh...

Give it a go if you can and it's not too hard - if it doesn't work, then we can simply put the background melee sound back in. To clarify, the background melee sound is the 'generic' muted clashing you get in battles, while the contact melee sounds are the beautifully recorded clashing sounds generated when two weapons actually make contact with each other.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pisoiasul View Post
    You can use the file, but it will be a little tricky because I found that strangely works only saved in patch format, I was getting CTD's in movie format, never test it in mod format though.
    Thanks mate, I tested this moring in custom battle and all worked well, will do further testing and let you know. Credits will be given in All In One mod. have a great weekend mate

Quote Originally Posted by pisoiasul View Post
    ... I will make an add-on with amplified melee sounds when I’ll have a little spare time.

Thanks to all for the comments
    take your time!!! cause CA didnt

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

Ah yes, the solomnent cry of a disembowled foeman in the gloaming dusk of a post struggle field of contest! Like the cherry blossom, which blooms but only briefly.
    Much appreciated, old bean!

this dosent seem to be working for me, i dropped the file in data folder, fired up a custom battle with a few archers and when i pan into the dead/dying men i hear nothing....??? im using darthmod and clan colour mod

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Sound interesting mod, i will gonna test this. If work well, +rep will come.

Quote Originally Posted by vrgadin View Post
    this dosent seem to be working for me, i dropped the file in data folder, fired up a custom battle with a few archers and when i pan into the dead/dying men i hear nothing....??? im using darthmod and clan colour mod
    Are you sure you extracted the .pack file from the .rar archive?.... or maybe you extracted the file somewhere else, make sure the pain_sounds_mod.pack is in data folder. There are no conflicts with your mods, should work fine.
    Last edited by pisoiasul; April 08, 2011 at 03:44 PM.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Congratulations mate with your new sounds mod,its very nice so see you are still at it;+rep

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast