Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots

Default Re: Screenshots

Ephialtes, nice shots! How do you get that blurring effect for the figures in the background?

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

GIMP has a blur tool, its really useful, all you have to do is run it back and forth over the background of your pic.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

An army of Gauls recreates the opening scene from 'Saving Private Ryan':

However, they don't quite succeed:

I call this next one "Steady, Boys":

And the sequel, "High Jump":

Last edited by cherryfunk; December 29, 2007 at 10:00 AM.

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

cherryfunk, that deserves and unbridled and whole hearted L M A O.

Nice shots!

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Yes, very nice shots.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

macedonian spartan with no spartan trait but he more than makes up for it, by being scarred and being in the pink

Quote Originally Posted by Randal View Post

macedonian spartan with no spartan trait but he more than makes up for it, by being scarred and being in the pink
    what campaign map is this on?
    Last edited by Rook218; January 27, 2008 at 11:28 PM. Reason: don't want to double post the big picture

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Mundus Magnus, customized by DimeBagHo

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Sebulba's Avatar Miles

..the Greeks could rule the world...

that is my first campaign GCS on 5.5.6.2 med/med

Unknown Soldier's Avatar Ducenarius

Sebulba: Nice!

Fix the problem, not the blame!

XGM Diplomacy AAR - intelligence and voting
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...24#post3680924 :hmmm:

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

That is a pretty awesome empire you've got there, I don't think I've ever gotten that big before...
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

Sebulba's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Balikedes View Post
    That is a pretty awesome empire you've got there, I don't think I've ever gotten that big before...
    I play this campaign for 2 weeks

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Sebulba View Post
    I play this campaign for 2 weeks
    you obviously don't have children...my wife would kill me if my empire grew that fast in two weeks.
    Awesome job!
    Looks like you might want to try M/H to spice it up a little.
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

A couple photos from my Pontus campaign on 6.6.1 with Suppanut's ethnic traits. These are at 261, I'm now at about 258.

At this point I have every city in Anatolia but for Side. I've been hitting the Seleucids pretty hard, I've destroyed several stacks of their troops, gaining many, many chevrons in the process, I have several heavy pontic cavalry with two or three silver chevrons, a few Galatian cavalry with one, and a Syrian archer unit with two. I took Antioch back in about 267, and Tarsus a few turns later. Now, I've taken Seleucia, but it looks like I will lose it.
    The Armenians have been hitting me pretty hard too, first at Amasia, then I took Satala and they have been attacking me there. It's tough, they have missile cavalry, just like me, but they also have HAs, so I have to work to beat those.

I took quite a fight with the Greeks to take Pergamum, mostly because I didn't try too hard at first. The Seleucids on the other hand, kinda just rolled over.
    I'd just converted the Greek and Seleucid cities to eastern civ and Halicarnassus is on its way, too, I've also got quite a force in Byzantium, at this point I've just about recreated Turkey. Though I suppose I need to take the indie Greek city near Amasia. I'm sort of planning an assault from Byzantium filled with Thracian AoR units and a three gold chevron leader, veteran of the wars with the Greeks.

I'm glad to see someone doing well with Pontus. Are you getting along with the choice of units? I've always thought of Pontus as a bit... bland.

Yeah, they have a pretty standard selection of faction troops, eastern style javelin cavalry, chariots at the smith's, etc., but I'm using my AoR units pretty well, including the awesome Syrian Archers. I've got a battle I'm going to put up over a TWH, I'll give a link when I do, and the archers were phenomenal!

Another note, Gaius Marius has come, and now my generals are more cataphract-y!, plus my mostly built army barracks in Amasia will be recruiting legions soon.

Ah, I had forgotten the legions. May your empire flourish, friend! Thank you for your reply.

Well, here's a small glimpse at my campaign....Carthage and rome are certaintly thriving.....

Unknown Soldier's Avatar Ducenarius

chazap: thats a fairly non-elite army!

no spartan pikemen?

no armoured pikemen?

no royal guard?

no hyperwotsits?

;-)

Fix the problem, not the blame!

XGM Diplomacy AAR - intelligence and voting
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...24#post3680924 :hmmm:

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
    chazap: thats a fairly non-elite army!

no spartan pikemen?

no armoured pikemen?

no royal guard?

no hyperwotsits?

;-)
    eventually i will make some, as i like how they look....but, it has made my campaign a lot harder without the Elites.....i guess by handicapping myself i allow the AI a fighter's chance....