Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Screenshots

Primicerius

Default Re: Screenshots

I've seen the GCS AI be pushed back to Crete, than navally invade Rhodes and take it, then hop to Asia Minor and make some nice conquests there. I was a really good bounce back by the AI, until I killed them off (I was the Ptolemaics).

Quote Originally Posted by Scutarii View Post
    I've seen the GCS AI be pushed back to Crete, than navally invade Rhodes and take it, then hop to Asia Minor and make some nice conquests there. I was a really good bounce back by the AI, until I killed them off (I was the Ptolemaics).
    That's exactly what they did in my first XGM campaign, the Macedonians and independent Greeks crushed them, but they took Rhodes and tried to attack Asia Minor from there.

Of course, I had the advisor set to nothing so Rhodes didn't have a garrison script engage. If they had, my guess is that GCS would have never got it.

It was weird though, GCS and the independent greeks would declare war on each other, then ceasefire, every single turn. Never got anything done that way. The greek independents seem prone to that, they ally with a lot of weird factions and then refuse to attack others.

Primicerius

I don't think the garrison scripts fire for the AI anyhow, just if the player attacks.

_Lacedaemonian_'s Avatar Civis

Hey guys this is a great moment for XGM The greeks have invaded Etruria!!! My precious allies...I'm so excited
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ALL HAIL ASSANDROS!!!
    notes:marian reforms have occured/difficulty vh/vh
    Carpe Noctem.

I think we all know what's going to happen to that small Macedonian army near Arretium

Yeah, it doesn't look good for captain Assandros.

Lacedaemonian who are you playing?

Domesticus

Your map looks too well defined. You need some more conflicts

Parthia seems a bit confused in his campaign. It's supposed to be way over West, so that the Romans can invade it! How the hell are they supposed to get all the way out there in the steppes?

I am playing as the Seleucids (vh/vh) Things to notice:

1)romans are in BIG trouble (with marian reforms; isn't this strange?)

2)although i almost destroyed pontus, a pontic army just began an invasion in Crimea

3)Spanish power

4)that's me fighting hated bactrians (i'm also at war with scythia;more to come soon)
    Last edited by _Lacedaemonian_; March 26, 2009 at 09:45 PM.
    Carpe Noctem.

Wow, that's weird with Pontus, you destroyed all of their settlements but a full stack somehow survived and got up there? Or do they count as barbarians and have the horde thing in BI?

Damn, that's a lot of Iberians. Surprising that the Romans are having that much trouble with that few Carthaginians after the Marian reforms.

Looks awesome. Really different from most campaigns.

Primicerius

That campaign looks pretty amazing, Lacadaemonian.

Vercingetorix: Pontus looks like it still has Trapezus. He said he almost destroyed them.

The best damn wedge formation I've ever seen in RTW.
    All my guys chased the routing enemy out of a corner and made this nifty little shape. Too bad I can't mod something like this.

TM Is Back's Avatar Campidoctor

Ah!!!!! /me needs to play XGM again. Damn I have so less time

Primicerius

Me too... Haven't played RTW for over 2 weeks....

Lacedaemonian: Cool campaign you've got there! Hopefully the Macedonians and Carthaginians wipe the Republic off the map! What happened to Macedon's hold on Dacia, btw? Wasn't Thrace down to a couple of territories in Scythia a few screenies ago?

It's weird how these campaigns develop, eh. In my current Greek campaign Carthage is doing pretty badly, they've been completely pushed out of Iberia early on, and then they don't even have all of North Africa! (one of the provinces is rebel held and one is Eastern Kingdoms)

Rome on the other hand, it's still in Italy really, but one of my diplomats over there saw crazy numbers of high quality armies. Like legions, with a praetorian cohort, a full stack of legionary cohort, and even supporting ballistas and scorpions. (I've never seen the AI build or use ballistas or scorpions, ever. But this time it's like the AI knows what a Roman Legion was and wants to build them historically accurately...crazy.)

Sabazios's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_M View Post
    The best damn wedge formation I've ever seen in RTW.
    All my guys chased the routing enemy out of a corner and made this nifty little shape. Too bad I can't mod something like this.
    haha very nice! I submitted a wegde abillity as a add-on for barbarian heavy infantry in the unitproposal topic, but i see the greeks already seem to manage it pretty well.

Hi guys! My roman campaign (vh/vh) with XGM 5.8.20 (2HPs):

This is Macedonian Empire reborn...

I think i should quit...any suggestions/help welcome!!

ps: yes they do have 30+ full stacks; i'll post some screenshots of my armies later
    Carpe Noctem.