Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Screenshots

Default Re: Screenshots

hello everyone.....i tried to get screen shots and downloaded mike's funware from a link around here and one from infar?? i think.....well, unfortunately besides downloading i couldn't find a step by step on how to take screen shots.....my in game controls, say grab a screenshot (print screen) but i have tried also control f11, but i am unaware if it worked....what do i have to do next? can anyone take the time to explain it to me, like if i was a kindergartener?! i would greatly appreciate it.psi use an HP Pavilion laptop with 17'' widescreen....don't know if that helps

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

Hey Chazap,
    I am not familiar with Mikes funware as I use Fraps...but if they are even a little similar there should be a place in Mikes Funware where you can select the folder that your screenshots go to. Try opening up the program and checking around all the tabs and stuff and see if you can find it...it would look like a file path i.e., "C:\Program Files\Screenshots"...just an example.
    Your monitor won't make any difference. Hope this helps.
    Balikedes
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

Balikedes: thanks!!! do you have a link for fraps??? maybe i can try that program instead....

Quote Originally Posted by chazap View Post
    Balikedes: thanks!!! do you have a link for fraps??? maybe i can try that program instead....
    Here you go - http://www.fraps.com/download.php

The website has a lot of setup information as well as the program itself, it's very small and pretty easy to use. Let me know if you have any problems.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

Balikedes: let me ask you..after taking a screen shot, how do i save it? where do i save it? and is there a way to take multiple shots....? I HAVEN'T TRIED FRAPS YET BECAUSE I THOUGHT i had figuered it out....but i was wrong...i couldn't post them on my AAR....

In Fraps one of the tabs is designated for screenshots, where you can tell Fraps which "F" button you want to use to take screenshots. I think it defaults to "F10'. In that same tab you can designate which folder you want all the screenshots to go to, I think you can also make a new one.
    As for posting screenshots for AARs, typically you want to use a file hosting site, imageshack is the easiest for me. You can upload your screenshots to the site, the site will then give you several different options on how you want it to look, thumbnail, link or the picture itself. It's the kind of thing that takes a little fooling around to get right, between 2 and 3 hours for me... .
    can't wait to see your AAR.
    Bal

Balikedes!! not sure if i let you know..but i downloaded the fraps...and it works like a charm....easy!!! you were right...it took me a few days, but i think i got the image shack thing going.

check out my AAR in a few days....it should be looking nice.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130971

Quote Originally Posted by chazap View Post
    Balikedes!! not sure if i let you know..but i downloaded the fraps...and it works like a charm....easy!!! you were right...it took me a few days, but i think i got the image shack thing going.

check out my AAR in a few days....it should be looking nice.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=130971
    Right on! I'm glad I could help. Your AAR is sweet, I've been keeping myself up to date on it....

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Two screenies with some touchups using GIMP

"So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

the angle on that spear is weird.
    The sword cut would be more of a slashing effect than piercing coming from a mount (come on, open up that wound some more, a bigger gash! hahahaha *cough* ahem)

Yeah I know but I know but I was half asleep while I was doing it and it was more of an experiment than anything else.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Oooh thats gotta hurt.

-Del Preston

That Thracian seems to be taking it pretty well...

It would be strange to see all the blood on the battlefield after the battle is over.

Nice pics BTW, what are you using?

I'm using GIMP.

-Del Preston

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Balikedes View Post
    That Thracian seems to be taking it pretty well...

It would be strange to see all the blood on the battlefield after the battle is over.

Nice pics BTW, what are you using?
    Must be the steroids they're on. Also, I downloaded fraps but can someone tell me or direct me to a place that tells me how to use it. I'm pretty computer illiterate.

"I used to eat people, but now I'm full."

Dude don't use fraps use howies quick screen capture tool, its free and very easy to use.

-Del Preston

Quote Originally Posted by icydawgfish View Post
    Must be the steroids they're on. Also, I downloaded fraps but can someone tell me or direct me to a place that tells me how to use it. I'm pretty computer illiterate.
    When you open up Fraps there are several different tabs, one is titled "Screenshots", in that tab you can designate the folder it is going to, which "F" button to use to capture the screen and what type of image you would like to capture. The screen capture button defaults to "F10" (which means you use that button to take a shot) and you can create a folder on your desktop labeled "Whatever you want to call it". To do that right click on your desktop (anywhere but on an icon) and go down to "new", choose "folder", that will create a folder titled "new folder", label it, title it, call it what you wish.
    Once that is done just make sure you start Fraps before you start the game. Or, you can go to the "General" tab in Fraps and click the box next to "Run Fraps when Windows Starts" and it will start when Windows starts.
    It's such a small program that it won't affect the way your PC runs while running in the background.
    Hope this helps and good luck.
    Once you set it up, it is incredibly easy.
    I've heard that Howies is cool too if that is the way you wish to go.

Happy Hunting

Run you Roman Dogs!!!

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

Quote Originally Posted by Balikedes View Post
    Run you Roman Dogs!!!
    Don't make me disown you mate....

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

knew you'd like that...