Thread: Shogun 2 BUGS!

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Shogun 2 BUGS!

No , I`m not going to say, "Shameful Display!" oops!

Actually, I`ve not really seen that many bugs. For a release product, this thing is pretty well put together. Anyway, bugs I`ve noticed so far...

1. If you have no floaty flags, your reinforcements will still come on the battlefield with floaty flags.

2. In ship battles, AI ships can get all stuck in the border.

3. Sometimes your own ships won`t come onto the battle. Not sure why.

4. Battlefield AI does not really ambush. The announcer just says that everytime they pop in and out of trees.

5. The victory result `heroic victory` etc is often completely wrong. What`s heroic about beating 200 men with 1000?

6. The `breaking agreements` diplomacy thing is weird to me. I know CA says it`s not a bug, but I still don`t get why it`s my factions fault when my faction didn`t break the Alliance. For example, a faction goes to war with me. I have the option to ask an Ally to join in. If the Ally said `no`, fair enough, but that automatically breaks our alliance and makes the once-ally hate me and to get him back on my side I had to loan him one of my sons.

That`s it for now.

Maybe others may have seen bugs that should be reported? They may not be bugs, but best to say just in case.

Birk's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Shogun 2 BUGS!

There is an own section for Shogun 2 Bugs.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1697
    Birk Von Norway

Quote Originally Posted by Birk View Post
    There is an own section for Shogun 2 Bugs.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1697
    Didn`t know about that. Thought it was only on Creative`s forum. Maybe Mods can transfer this over?
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; April 07, 2011 at 10:28 AM.

4. I've had an AI ambush me on normal battle and campaign difficulty: it had a few katana infantry, if I remember correctly, wait in a forest until our forces were engaged and managed to flank me.

Thats not a bug, that's tactics
    Quote Originally Posted by Communist Nazi Republican View Post
    no epic fights here! Oh no! Just suicidal generals and fighting what appears to be an army of mentally ill Buggers.
    My EB AAR "Margorix of Caern-Brigante": http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...53#post8457353

Heartfire's Avatar Ordinarius

CA explains it as you should be mad at your ally since they betrayed you, therefore the penalty goes both ways.

If your ally breaks alliance with you, people will hate them, and you will be hated by them and you should hate them. However, while this might be realistic, S2TW is a game, and we don't actually have a personal attachment to the clans, and so, are willing to rejoin these alliances, even if in real life we never really would.

Don't forget the big fat AI siege reinforcement bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartfire View Post
    CA explains it as you should be mad at your ally since they betrayed you, therefore the penalty goes both ways.

If your ally breaks alliance with you, people will hate them, and you will be hated by them and you should hate them. However, while this might be realistic, S2TW is a game, and we don't actually have a personal attachment to the clans, and so, are willing to rejoin these alliances, even if in real life we never really would.
    Well, actually, I like a personal, more realistic game that helps an attachment to a chosen side. I do indeed get attached (I immerse myself) to the ethos.

I`ll think about this. Perhaps a nation`s attitude colours a leader`s attitude and he goes against that at his peril.
    I think I get it now.

I just wish CA would explain this kind of thing in the MANUAL.

Yep, I've noticed the one where the ship won't come into the battle. Also, it's annoying when a trade agreement is broken -not entirely sure why - no diplomatics went on - and then the faction goes from friendly to 'indifferent'.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

The AI wont repair their ships in port. This just irritates me. Every TW had this issue and they said they'd fix it. If they are to retarded to fix it they should give navies the same reinforcement system as land then.

I keep getting this bug where my archers refuse to fire fire arrows on towers/gates in sieges (no it's never raining when I try). They take a step forward and then just stand there, wasting the fire arrow ability. It's pretty ing annoying.

Decanus

These are not bugs; they are features! Though CA appreciates that some of these "features" can be surprising and even counter-intuitive in some cases, they're confident you'll believe everything they say anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartfire View Post

If you were here for the RTW days, you would know full well that CA explaining away an obvious bug as a "feature" is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
    I keep getting this bug where my archers refuse to fire fire arrows on towers/gates in sieges (no it's never raining when I try). They take a step forward and then just stand there, wasting the fire arrow ability. It's pretty ing annoying.
    Actually, I think I saw that once, but another time it worked... hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Total Bliss View Post
    The AI wont repair their ships in port. This just irritates me. Every TW had this issue and they said they'd fix it. If they are to retarded to fix it they should give navies the same reinforcement system as land then.

Didn`t know about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckethead View Post
    ive had that in multiplayer 3 times in a row. my samurai archers just didnt shoot at the enemy soldiers when they finally started they were nearly routing lol

I get one where if I've grouped units together, they sometimes won't obey the order I've given, until I give it individually. Also, archers sometimes continue to fire even if you tell them to stop - the only way to stop them when that happens is to move them away. Toggling fire at will does nothing in this instance.

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    I get one where if I've grouped units together, they sometimes won't obey the order I've given, until I give it individually. Also, archers sometimes continue to fire even if you tell them to stop - the only way to stop them when that happens is to move them away. Toggling fire at will does nothing in this instance.
    This occurs because they were not properly fed before the battle.

Watcha talking about? I gave them a bowl of rice big enough to swim in!

I dunno, maybe they wanted a pizza...

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    Also, archers sometimes continue to fire even if you tell them to stop - the only way to stop them when that happens is to move them away. Toggling fire at will does nothing in this instance.
    I noticed this in a siege yesterday, I was trying to conserve arrows because a 3 stack army was assaulting my fortress but when I turned the fire at will option off and try to press the halt button, they continue to fire. Like you say, the only why to stop them is to order them to move somewhere.

In previous TW games, the halt button always stopped them firing if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by amore555 View Post
    Thats not a bug, that's tactics
    I know, it's in response to the alleged bug in the original post.

Darth Red's Avatar It's treason, then

Moved to the Bug reports forum.
    Officially Bottled Awesome™ by Justinian