Page 8 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Default Re: bugs?

DBH, I'm aware of the problems related to releasing the source, policy varies greatly from company to company unfortunately...

I don't have any serious hope about that (actually I contacted CA once about it and they politely answered that it was not going to happen) but still it would be nice...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Mundus Magnus glitch

Ceki: Almost missed this one - thanks for catching it Ceki. I added a land bridge there because of a persistent problem with AI stacks getting caught at the end of the peninsula facing Panticapaeum. Usually that doesn't cause a problem for sea trade, but I guess the road is causing problems.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; May 08, 2006 at 04:01 PM.

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

I have merged a bunch of threads here that were bug reports or technical issues.

I don't think this one was addressed so here it goes:

I have downloaded the lates version and followed the instructions for installation ie. Mod Mundus then BI. When I try to launc a game the following happens:

Great splash screen and proper following menu sequence. The a list of choices with everything marked as disabled excepting imperial campaign choice. When I select Imperial campaign (depending on BI or XGM shortcut) there are two or one choice for selection, unified rome or imperial. After selecting one or the other a popup says "select one item from the list" with a check mark for you to click for OK.

No further is possible. Now what have I done wrong here? I see that most seem to have little trouble. I have the gold edition. I used to use your mod on the older 1.2 and loved it.

help me out please. If there are any small errors in the above it is only because I didn't write down the exact wording while trying to use the mod.

Thanks for such excellent work; I can't wait to use this on the newr iterations.

Fogcat

If you bought the Gold Edition in North America (and maybe some other places) you need to install the 1.6 patch.

I will do that, thanks

I have a bug report. I've noticed these weird black lines that appear in front of slingers sometimes when moving them around on the battlefield. I will get a screenshot next time I see it if possible.

Venom: Could you get a screen shot if you see it again some time? My guess is that this is a graphics card/driver issue rather than anything to do with the game.

Alright, I'll try.

On a different note though, here's a screenshot of a character trait bug, though I think this one is just a issue with RTW. Perhaps someone should pass this on to player1 (author of BUG-FIXER).

This badly needs an anti-trait fix.

Default Some things that are bothering me

I've noticed that besieging a city in XGM does not cause the garrison to take losses as the turns pass without the siege being relieved like in other mods and in vanilla. Also, I noticed that events seem to be disabled. For instance, the "plague in Macedonia" has not occured for me. The Marius reforms will still happen, won't they?

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Default Re: Some things that are bothering me

that's strange about the sieges, because when i lay siege on a city it takes loses. Dime said something about events beiing bugged but i miss them too. before switching to 4 beta, in unified rome in 3.6.13 there were some events like stoicism and such.

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Marius reforms still occur. As far as i know nothing has changed with seige attrition. Weather events are bugged. I believe this is an RTW problem rather than a problem with XGM, although I did disable floods because they cause permanent damage to provinces.

Historical events should work, so I will take look at them for the next beta release.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Venom
    I've noticed that besieging a city in XGM does not cause the garrison to take losses as the turns pass without the siege being relieved like in other mods and in vanilla. Also, I noticed that events seem to be disabled. For instance, the "plague in Macedonia" has not occured for me. The Marius reforms will still happen, won't they?
    I've noticed the siege isssue too. It's there, for sure. But I've had plagues playing as Macedonia - my current campaign.

One thing on the battlemap I've noticed - the enemy will usually form up a line, and advance to my line, but fairly rarely will it clash full-on head-to-head with my entire line. Most often it approaches my line with some of its infantry units and then holds off just before it reaches my pikemen and hypaspists, allowing my men to shower its units with javelins. It throws its chances and units away. The generals can also quite often be suicidal still, although less than in 1.2.
    But at other times, the AI does show some strikingly intelligent battle manouvers. The AI's performance is quite variable and patchy.

I think the problems above on the battlemap have all to do with the vanilla 1.5 AI and the Darth battle AI modding and not XGM.

Cheers! Germanicus91

I also think the AI is more intelligent - though patchily so, as Germanicus has just said. It also retreats pretty quickly if it feels its going to lose heavily.

Hi. I'm using XGM 3.6.12 and I think I found a bug.. I'm playing as the Macedonians now (Unified Rome) and when I crossed the Agean to conquer Asia Minor, I was surprised that Ancyra was controlled by the Gauls, and also well established.. This is not the first time that this happened 'coz I've also seen this when I was playing as Thrace.. I'll post a screen shot soon but i have to know first if it's a bug..

Thanks!

Lakan101: That's not a bug. After their failed invasion of Greece a bunch of Gauls settled in the region, so that is the default culture. It starts out belonging to the slaves, but if there is a rebellion there it often goes over to the Gauls.

Thanks a lot! I should've looked it up in wikipedia or google first. Galatia = Gauls...

Great job on being historically accurate!

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    Lakan101: That's not a bug. After their failed invasion of Greece a bunch of Gauls settled in the region, so that is the default culture. It starts out belonging to the slaves, but if there is a rebellion there it often goes over to the Gauls.
    I suppose thats why you can recruit Barbarian Cavalry and Infantry there.

Default Startup crash

I have just installed XGM Beta 4 with a fresh installation of 1.5 RTW (with BI 1.6)
    When I start up all I see is a picture of a city and I alt tab to see an error message window :
    Error : Filename doesn't exist : data/animations/SG 01 Idle 01.cas

There was a 2nd one but I didn't bother to write that one down also.
    What did I do wrong?

Default Re: Startup crash

DarK_RTW: Which version are you using is this the beta or XGM 3.6.13? That error is caused by the animations file not being correctly generated. You can try running the installer again. If that doesn't work, try installing the animations pack manually. You can get it here. Put the files in xgm/data/animations/.