Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax
    Spotted a bug, iberians doesn't building anything in their practice field... not really nice imho
    It turns out this was a bug of sorts. The Spanish should have been able to recruit slingers at the practice range level, and onagers at the archery range level. This will be fixed in the next version. I have also added archer warbands to the Britons, Gauls, and Germans. They will be practice range level for the Gauls and Germans, and archery range level for the Britons. The Britons will also get Barbarian Cavalry.

For DimeBagHo : I've installed XGM 3.6.9 on a clear version of RTW 1.5,but the game crashes immediatly and error that me appear is:
    Script Error in data/descr_skeleton.txt,at line 56,column 133.
    AnimDB:Could not load - 'data/animations/SG 01 idle 01.cas'

Help me!!!!

Sounds like the animations file was not generated correctly. Check the size of the download file (it should be around 18.6 MB) and try running the installer again. It may just be that the patching process was interrupted the first time around.

I've already installed many times,but it's present the same error; and my download file is 18.6 MB!!!

Start up regular RTW and take a look at the options menu to see what your version number is (the version number will be up in the top right corner). Sometimes the patching process fails without telling you, so you might have the wrong version even if you think it is correct.

You could also try downloading SignifierOne's Animation Pack and installing it manually. Copy the files into xgm\Data\animations.

Once again, wanted to say great mod, love playing it. In one of the recent updates, you said that you lowered the rate of fire from towers, and that is awesome, makes the game much better to play. However I noticed that the incoming seige towers still fire like M16s, as I was being seiged and gunned down by the incoming seige tower, my towers were firing at the now lower rate of fire. It would be nice if you could set the seige towers to also fire at a rate similar to the change made to the wall towers.

Thanks again for the great mod!

I'm not sure of this is a bug, but in XGM 3.6.12 the Brutii start without a ship, thus making it harder for them to invade greece (well not THAT hard for human, but harder for the AI.)

Is this an error? Or is it just a way to slow the Brutii down a bit. If it is the latter then I must say it works. Because now the GSC gets a breathing space of about 5-10 years at start (as appose to being invade by the Brutii in the first 2-5 turns, which is hurt.)

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Found a small thing that escaped me while assigning properties... Ancyra and the MM equivalent cities should have the barbarian resource too...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

wyatt: I'll take a look at the towers agains, although now that the walls don't realy go above the first level of stone walls, I don't think this could be much of a problem.

zodmaner: yes that was intentional. The problem I was trying to fix is that, if you don't play the GCS (or Macedon etc) the Scipii and Brutii often wind up both going for Syracuse, usually with the result that the Scippii get stranded on Sicilly, halting their expansion for quite a while.

Zarax: Good point, I forgot about that as well.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; April 14, 2006 at 09:57 AM.

I have installed the mod correctly and everything but when i click the icon to start the mod it starts for about 3 seconds then ends for no reason. Can anyone tell me whats wrong?

tony tone: Did you get any sort or error message? The most common problems are: (1) Other mods installed that conflict with XGM, (2) Your game is not patched to version 1.5/1.6.

No i get no error message the game starts up like noramly then just shuts off at the loading screen. I think i need to do somethin with my patches because this is the only mod i have downloaded. Thanks for your help.

Now i have a new problem. The extended greek mod screen comes up and it makes a sound like theres been an error and it freezes my computer on that screen and i have to restart. Thanks for your help.

I just installed XGM (Why not EGM - "extended greek mod"), and it seems that all battlemap "natural" sounds are gone. I dont hear wind in trees, birds and sounds like that - only voice and weapon rattling . Is it a bug or I mesed up something?

tony tone: That kind of crash usually isn't the just the game causing problems. You might want to check to see if your graphics drvers are up to date, etc.

Xam Enyap: I han't noticed that. It might be something to do with the -mod structure. I'll check it out.

*Edit* The sounds all seem OK to me. Anyone else noticed something like this?
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; April 15, 2006 at 07:55 AM.

Just played custom battle in RTW and those sounds was there. If its not a mod, what could cause it?

Beats me. Check your preferences (a different pref file is used for XGM), and if you feel like experimenting a bit try copying all the descr_sound*.txt files from your data folder into the xgm/data folder (excapt maybe for the ones that are already there).

That file copying worked !!!
    You are true genius Dime, thanks awfully!

No problem, and thanks for letting me know about this. If you have this problem it's a safe bet that others do as well. In the next release I'll have the installer copy over all those files automatically.

If i can run RTW fine i should be able to run the mod then right?