Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

Need help.

I completely removed RTW and BI, installed the XGM 3.6.5 and when I try to play the provincial campaigne it say to please choose an item from the list. What do I need to remove the map.rwm from the data folder or what?

LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Did you patch RTW again? Up to 1.6?

AHH thats it, forgot to do that. Thanks DimeBagHo.

LEAD, FOLLOW OR GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Default cultural penalty

I gave a try to Armenia today to prepare myself for the median cavalry when i captured two rebel cities Kotais and Mtscheta ? there is cultural penalty of 20% although all the buildings are shown to be of my culture. i've builded temples myself yet the penalty remains. does it have to do something with the new option of upgrading temples? i'll try to capture more rebel cities to see if it shows there too.
    Edit: cheked other 3 rebel cities that i captured and there is no penalty, only in Kotais and Mtskheta
    Last edited by Kara Kolyo; March 25, 2006 at 12:43 PM.

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Both provinces have macedon as the faction creator, but armenia as the local culture. I'm guessing that the original buildings are really greek. I've switched the faction creators to parthia so that should solve the problem (although it won't make a difference to a campaign you have already started).

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

I patched the game, did a clean install (The way you suggested in the second page), yet I am unable to play custom battles. It has "Disabled" appear next to everything but Imperial Campaign. Going to run that now and see if it doesnt work.

Did not work. Tomorrow I will reinstall RTW and BI, patch to 1.6, download latest version, then follow the suggested installation of yours from a page bacK;

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    I just tried it out myself, and there was a problem with descr_sm_factions.txt again. The steps to get this to work with 3.5.3 are:

0. Make a backup of your vanilla data folder
    1. Install XGM
    2. Install MM-XGM
    3. Install BI-XGM
    4. Copy xgm\data\ over data\
    5. Change the end of the target line of the BI-XGM shortcut to -mod: (instead of -mod:xgm)
    6. Copy descr_sm_factions.txt from your backup vanilla data folder into your new data folder

I will put up a new version of XGM sometime soon that will make this a little more straightforward. Done. The instructions in the top post should work fine now. Note that I also recommend you copy the xgm\preferences\preferences.txt file over. Some of the settings make a difference to gameplay.
    Should I not do so, and instead follow a different suggestion?

Ahiga: I just tried it out with 3.6.6, and it worked fine. Use the instructions in the top post, or in the BI-XGM readme. The problem with descr_sm_factions.txt was sort-out a while back so there is no need to mess around with that.

DBH,

I am having a recurring problem with night battles. In both my previous (3.6-3.6.4) and current (3.6.4-3.6.6) campaigns I have had several instances where the initial battle loading screen indicates a night battle (selected by the opposing general) and then when the battlefield loads it is daytime. I have not yet been able to fight a night battle of my choosing (even with generals with 5+ stars or the night fighter trait--it simply says my general does not have the ability), so I don't know if it happens in both cases. I think that I remember a night battle in earlier versions of XGM, so maybe this is something that has crept in somewhere and no one has noticed yet. Has anyone else fought any night battles recently?

One other thing I noticed in 3.6.6 is that the picture on the main faction information screen is missing. (the box that is called up when you select yopur faction icon in the right hand of the UI)

Thanks

Night battles are working OK for me. I do recall one battle where it was daylight instead of night, but the ones where I attack are definitely night. Your situation sounds a bit like what would happen if the "options bi" line was missing from descr_strat.txt. How old is the campaign you are playing? Did you start it recently or did you start it with a much older version of XGM? Night battles probably won't work in campaigns started with version 3.4.0 or earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    Night battles are working OK for me. I do recall one battle where it was daylight instead of night, but the ones where I attack are definitely night. Your situation sounds a bit like what would happen if the "options bi" line was missing from descr_strat.txt. How old is the campaign you are playing? Did you start it recently or did you start it with a much older version of XGM? Night battles probably won't work in campaigns started with version 3.4.0 or earlier.
    My latest campaign began just 2 weeks ago and I only came to XGM 2 months or so ago, so i don't think that is it. Please fill me in on the missing line and I will look for it.

I haven't been able to attack at night for whatever reason, so i don't know if its happening all around.

The "options bi" line is right near the top of the descr_strat.txt file - which is in xgm/data/world/maps/campaign/[campaign_name]/. You only get the option to fight at night if you are attacking. On defense it will always say that your commander does not have the ability.

BTW, the missing image on the faction screen is normal. Factions with unique victory conditions get a map showing their target provinces. Other factions get no image at all. Maybe I should add a generic "capture Rome" image.

Is there a reason why the rebels at the very top of the map, the amazon chairots, are uber units. 55 attack with 15 hit points? Is that a change of XGM or was it always like that? I am trying to conquer the whole map, only the find these uber units are ruining the game. What gives?

A long way back they actually had a function. I had scripted victory conditions, but the standard victory conditions were hard coded then, so if you conquered Rome and 50 provinces you would "win" even if you hadn't achieved the unique victory conditions. My solution was to move the true Rome to Themiskyra and guard it with invincible Amazon women.

When that solution became obsolete, because the victory conditions were no longer hard coded after the 1.3/1.4 patch, I left them in because I figured that, after conquering the entire world it would be a useful lesson in humility to get your arse kicked by a bunch of girls.

Thats kind of funny, at least it has a reason....I was a bit ******, I tried pretty hard to beat them, however, 55 attack with a bow pretty much does it and 15 hit points, they can kill at the rate of hundreds a second, I rushed all 1000+ of my guys at one end of the 200 person formation and went just for one unit of them, managed to kill 2 of them before everyone of my guys died.

The crazy amazons didn't stop me I still beat them, took a full stack but I beat em! Trick is to get them in hand to hand.

Nice one wyatt! I guess persistence beats humility.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Spotted a bug, iberians doesn't building anything in their practice field... not really nice imho
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Not really a bug, just the result of moving javelin infantry to the barracks. I think the Gauls and Germans have nothing at the practice field level as well - no slings. I might add them sometime, but it's not really something they need.

iblewafuse14's Avatar Libertus

Hi I installed XGM for BI But it says something like Descr_Battle_maps... then it says there is an error

iblewafuse14: Can you check exactly what the error was, and also can you let me know when it occurs (when you start the game up, or when you start a campaign, etc). Do you have any other mods installed?