Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga
    Oddly enough, I just tried to run a BI-Exe campaign with MM XGM and BI XGM and it crashed.

Maybe it has to do with using MM XGM? (And yes, I installed first MM XGM then BI XGM then copied the BI+MM XGM Files over to the Vanilla Data folder, so I could play custom battles)
    Did you install MM-XGM before BI-XGM?
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

I just tried out XGM + MM-XGM + BI-XGM using the most recent version, and it worked fine. I didn't try copying over the original files though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax
    Did you install MM-XGM before BI-XGM?
    Yeah, I did. I think maybe it's because I replaced the original campaign, for some reason, with the MM-BI-XGM files. I'll try making it a different campaign folder this time around.

Edit: I think I found out what was wrong. I kept on playing it from the Imperial Campaign window, not the Provincial campaign. I checked the installation and it says
    "1. Install XGM.
    2. Run the MM-XGM installer if you want to play with the Mundus Magnus map. (optional)
    3. Run the BI-XGM installer.
    4. Run RTW using the BI-XGM shortcut installed on your desktop.
    5. Start a campaign from the Provincial Campaign menu"

That still didn't do it, so I'll give it another reinstall.
    Last edited by Ahiga; February 24, 2006 at 06:24 PM.

Ahiga: Did you have this working with 3.5.2? If it stopped working with 3.5.3 then I would like to track down the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    Ahiga: Did you have this working with 3.5.2? If it stopped working with 3.5.3 then I would like to track down the problem.
    I had custom battles work with 3.5.2 on my second install, but not my first. My first had campaigns working with 3.5.2, but not custom battles. Going to install and try it with the latest version, which I assume is 3.5.3.

I just tried it out myself, and there was a problem with descr_sm_factions.txt again. The steps to get this to work with 3.5.3 are:

0. Make a backup of your vanilla data folder
    1. Install XGM
    2. Install MM-XGM
    3. Install BI-XGM
    4. Copy xgm\data\ over data\
    5. Change the end of the target line of the BI-XGM shortcut to -mod: (instead of -mod:xgm)
    6. Copy descr_sm_factions.txt from your backup vanilla data folder into your new data folder

I will put up a new version of XGM sometime soon that will make this a little more straightforward. Done. The instructions in the top post should work fine now. Note that I also recommend you copy the xgm\preferences\preferences.txt file over. Some of the settings make a difference to gameplay.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; February 25, 2006 at 12:24 AM.

It works now, thank you very much Dimebag, and Zarax and anyone else who tried to help or made the mod.

Another little glitch that I found: In MM-XGM version 3.5.2 Seleucid can train Scythed Chariots in Seleucia even though wasn't listed as trainable.

If this have been fixed in 3.5.3 then I'm sorry, but if not then there you goes.

zodmaner: I don't think that's a glitch. Chariots are just recruitable from blacksmiths rather than from the stables.

Well if that is the case then sorry, my mistake. But that "Unlocalised placement text" shouldn't have been there, should it?

Didn't even see that. Thanks for spotting it.

First off a big thank you to DimeBagHo for keeping my interest in RTW, without which I would of un-installed it ages ago!

Okay I've discovered a CTD bug in versions 6.1 & 6.2. When playing as Carthage the game crashes whilst loading up a battle due to the "carthage_carthaginian_archer_sprite_001.tga.dds" being missing from the Sprites folder, luckily for me I still had a zipped version of 5.3 on my PC so was able to take the sprite from that

Thanks for letting me know about that Poontang. *Edit* I've uploaded a new version of 3.6.2 in which that sprite is disabled.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; March 12, 2006 at 09:46 AM.

Miles

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    Thanks for letting me know about that Poontang. *Edit* I've uploaded a new version of 3.6.2 in which that sprite is disabled.

I'm running 3_6_3 and just got the same error mentioned above.

Do you mean the one with "carthage_carthaginian_archer_sprite_001.tga.dds"? That sprite is still disabled. Or did you get a similar error with some other sprite?

Miles

Same exact sprite. I installed 3.6.3 fresh on top of RTW 1.5 too.

EDIT: I was playing a custom battle if that helps.

Well I tried mightily but could not reproduce this problem. Anyway I decided to stop slacking and just make a new sprite for Carthaginian Archers. It should work fine for everyone now (the version number is still 3.6.3).

Miles

That's strange, I was getting the error consistently, until I grabbed the missing sprite from a 3.5 version.

Thanks for jumping on it and getting a fix....I'm lovin this mod!
    Last edited by mdibatti; March 17, 2006 at 07:53 AM.

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Hi when chasing routing enemy quite often my cavalry doesn't run but just walks with the runners excorting them and if the routing unit splits my men just stop chasing them and wonder after whom to go

Thats a known RTW bug - hard coded in cavalry behavior. Not much I can do about fixing that one.