Page 10 of 67 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

Default Re: Bugs Reports & Technical Issues

Hi,
    I was playing 3.6.13 as Carthaginan and I was quite happy with it - until I tried to take the last city of the Brutii. Instead of the faction death video (or the absence of it), there is a CTD.
    Is there some way of disabling the options bi or the night battles without having to restart the campaign?

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Yenai: Unfortunately no, you can't change those settings in a campaign that has already started. That's the first time I have heard of the faction death videos causing a CTD though. I usually just get a text message with no video. If you have BI installed try copying descr_event_enums.txt and descr_event_images.txt from bi/data to xgm/data.

That's too bad, the game still crashes. Thanks for the advice, nevertheless.
    Maybe it is because I use the German version of RTW? I can't imagine how language could affect faction death videos, though...

Maybe the faction death message is defined a little differently in the German version. It is strange though. You could also take a look at descr_sm_factions.txt and try changing or removing the faction death video filenames.

There appears to be a bug in XGM 4.0.6 which causes a CTD if the player captures a city during the AI turns (for example, when the garrison of a beseiged city sallies and is destroyed). This may be related to the loyalty mechanism - the game may be getting confused about ownership of the settlement. The workaround, obviously, is to avoid capturing settlements during the AI turns.

Warmaster's Avatar Miles

does this happen EVERY time you take a city in the ai turn, or just some times?

Seems pretty reliable, although it might only happen in cases where the city is shows up as empty just before you capture it. It happened to me in cases where the garrison was completely wiped out, but not in a case where the garisson was defeated on the last turn of a seige but not entirely destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo
    It is strange though. You could also take a look at descr_sm_factions.txt and try changing or removing the faction death video filenames.
    Removing them solved the problem, thanks a lot!

Spartan1015's Avatar Semisalis

Little bug, if you zoom up on the unit (press delete, and zoom all the way) he and other units around will dissapear
    "The Spartan Don't Ask How Many, Only Where They Are - Agis of Sparta 415BC"
    Fenix Maximus - Lost Son Of Ares And Aphrodite, Trained By The Gods And Spartans, Everything Else Is Unknown About The Great Hero.

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

That is something to do with your sprites. I haven't experianced such an error.

Spartan1015's Avatar Semisalis

thats the only thing i picked up, just check it, becuase sometimes it annoys me. Or i downloaded it and it wasnt compatible............
    "The Spartan Don't Ask How Many, Only Where They Are - Agis of Sparta 415BC"
    Fenix Maximus - Lost Son Of Ares And Aphrodite, Trained By The Gods And Spartans, Everything Else Is Unknown About The Great Hero.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Just read this on the official forums. Thought I should post it here for comment. I hadn't noticed a problem with the hypaspists.

5/19/06 10:50 pm
    The only heavy sword units I have found are in the Extended Greek mod, the hypaspists. They do look great (both visually and the stats on card) though suck in combat. Possible bug... as they shouldn't loose to peltasts in close combat :\ 0]

5/19/06 11:18 pm
    Reply New Post Re: Levy Phalangites should be removed The Hypaspists are armed with short_pikes, which were never meant to be in the final product. That's why they suck. Their primary attack is broken (they automaticly switch to swords once they engage the enemy) and their secondary attack charge is broken. So, they quite a few disadvantages.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

This is from some quite old version, spear hypaspists are gone since long time...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I think the posters are talking about different, and older, versions of XGM. Hypaspits did use short_pike for a while but I never liked it much so I switched them back. I've never had a problem with them losing to peltasts, though I guess if you sent a weakened and exhausted unit, on a long chase, through a forest, up hill, you could lose.

Spartan1015: Could you post a screen shot of the problem you noticed? I'd like to see what it looks like.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; May 20, 2006 at 11:09 AM.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Spotted a small one: check out the Macedon faction banner on this city - the city was in the fog of war zone, but shouldn't the new banner still apply?

http://img450.imageshack.us/img450/2...erwrong9fq.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus91
    Spotted a small one: check out the Macedon faction banner on this city - the city was in the fog of war zone, but shouldn't the new banner still apply?
    Yep, must have missed the empty city banner somewhere. Thanks for spotting that.

Warmaster's Avatar Miles

Dont suppose you've found a solution to the city-capturing bug yet DBH?

I never realised how much i liked being able to starve out cities if wanted to ...

But anyway, thankyou the excellent work thus far man

No fix for the bug yet, but it's not quite as bad as I first thought. You can starve cities out. If you capture a city on the last turn of a seige it should be no problem. The ctd only happens if the garrison sallies when there is more than one turn left before they starve, and they get wiped out. So if they sally with more than one turn left just make sure you let some of them live.

Warmaster's Avatar Miles

Ok, dont suppose you got any leads on how to resolve the problem altogether?

Also, i was just playing as GCS and i got the plague in macedonia event, but no plague actually appeared in Pella, just to let you know

I suspect that some of the code for handling loyalty will only work for the eastern and western rebel factions. In which case chaning the internal names for the scipii and brutii might fix the problem. Trouble is, that would be a huge job, and I can't say for sure that it will help, so I'm not inclined to do it.

Thanks for the info about the plague. I've spotted the problem. So it will be working correctly in the next update. I've attached a fixed events file for anyone who wants to use it now.

*Attachment removed* Use the 4.0.7-4.0.8 patch in the download thread.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; May 21, 2006 at 03:14 PM.