Page 59 of 116 FirstFirst ... 93449505152535455565758596061626364656667686984109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2306

Thread: Feature Requests

Ferrus's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Feature Requests

Noooo dont fill his head with such ideas!!! =p
    The wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win - Zhuge
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one
    Do you know why most men die before their wives do? Because they want to!

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

cherryfunk: When the pre-placed minor-settlements are added I will probably up the price of creating new ones, but until then I don't want to make it too expensive.

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Hello, I just want to say you have made an insanely awesome mod and I can't wait for the next ver.
    I wondered if theres some way if you could make it that when the GCS take a enemy settlement you could have the option of instilling a spartan like government so that spartan phalangites could be trained in that settlement.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

That would make the game far too unbalancing and quite fantasy historically wise...
    Spartans had a few colonies around but the result was always a different structure than Sparta itself outside the peloponnese...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Ok how about splitting the gcs into 2 seperate factions sparta and athens. The different factions could act like the seperate roman family's, fighting together at first and after some time there could be a civil war to sieze power from the other one.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Another faction would have to be scraped in order to achieve that. So I think it's a no-no

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Ephialtes - there are some mods like Rise of Persia, or the still awaited Hegemonia, that are focused on hoplite warfare and separate greek cities. By the XGM start date the main greek cities have been overshadowed by other hellenic factions, so one more greek faction would be superflous, i think.

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

Unless somebody wants to make an alexandrian era XGM mod...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Ok, I don't mean to sound ignorant I have actually spent a butload of time (butload = 26) researching ancient greece I was just curious if it would be possible to do the aforementioned things.

Thanks for you're speed at which you guys answered my questions.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

26 Hours? Minutes? Years?

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

in this case hours

-Del Preston

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

There was a proposition to separate the two not into city states but into historically accurate leagues of which they were the leaders. I believe that this is implemented in XGM: Diadochi.

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

A Sparta/Athens split might make a pretty good civil war scenario. It's even somewhat historically plausible - if a coalition of the Greeks had ascended to power again then it probably would have split along those lines.

That sopunds like a fairly good idea. It's not completely 100% realistic, but it would shake things up a bit. Not to mention it adds more to the Greek campaign which is nice since this is a Greek mod. I've always looked at Macedonia as the Greek rival, so i've never seen a need for the two seperations. But i do think it's a good idea. Might require some major changes though, yet they might be worth it.

DBH, what about the seleucids getting hypaspists pre-marius?
    Effective flanking infantry is kind of an hole in their roster and they historically used them...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Balikedes's Avatar Time to Rock

The Sparta/Athens split could be very interesting given the starting political climate around there. It could also be a detriment to both polis, the Macs could absolutely crush them individually...and where would Pergamum end up?
    Patron of Suppanut, relentless work, check it out.
    XGM Command - A Sub-Mod of the Extended Greek Mod and now included in Diadochi: Total War

HardSun on XBoxLive - Destiny and other stuff

Ferrus's Avatar Decanus

Yea, in terms of ai, it would be a walkover for the Maks.
    The wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win - Zhuge
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one
    Do you know why most men die before their wives do? Because they want to!

Yeah, you'd have to take away a little bit of power from the Maks. However it could be a means to elimnate the Greek independents. So you'd transfer some of their power. Meh, it might be too much to even attempt to appraoch.

any way to improve the hypaspist's MELEE weapons instead of the javelins? (talking about buildings such as foundry and/or temple of artemis)

also.. should spartan phalangites = argyraspid phalangites?
    i believe spartans have 1 more defense point, but hmm..

Havent downloaded this mod yet but thought I'd ask a question anyway. The zero recruitment time+AI innability to save funds for superior troops seems to be an issue that Im not aware of being resolved yet. Im not sure if this is possible as im not a modder but....... What if there was a building tree called "Garrison" (Level I, II, III etc) which adds troops of certain levels to a city under seige. Im assuming that there is trigger which could be utilised along with a script to add these troops. There is a similar effect in Slitherine's Spartan game.

Im hoping that the effect would be to make taking a town/city even more difficult to assault if you are the attacker. If you are the defender you have the option of keeping the remnants of the force (cost allowing) or disbanding if not required. it would also mean that there are no "undefended" towns with only one character unit residing in it. The cost of the garrison is minimal until it spawns units. Laying seige to the same city actually makes it harder to take (lets face it, if you kept attacking the same town, they might be more prepared each time). The AI would then have access to higher level troops based on need. This could give more random results as each sucessful defence of a town/city results in more units for the defender with which to retaliate.

What do you think?