Page 58 of 116 FirstFirst ... 83348495051525354555657585960616263646566676883108 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2306

Thread: Feature Requests

Warmaster's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Feature Requests

Well, i've got a request which i imagine will be a pain in DBH's ass for every release, so im doubtful it'll happen, but it cant hurt to ask:

Can we have a seperate install option for whether we want vanilla roman units of modding legions ones? Would it be too much work to set it up so you can choose? Cos i do it myself every version and if it was part of the mod itself it would obviously save a great deal of time (for me).

Again, just a request. Thanks again, regardless of whether its do-able or not

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

*imagining DBH ripping his hair seeing the previous post*
    I really doubt it will be possible, having that option would easily double the work needed for a new release...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Cymera's Avatar Roma Invictus

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    How can we get those?
    Here ya go!

I love these unit cards!

Under the Patronage of the Wise Kara Kolyo in the Hallowed House of Wilpuri
    Proud Patron of the Charming
    Balikedes, an Insightful and Tactful Warrior.

Extended Greek Mod (XGM) Lover ..... A mod by DimeBagHo

"
    The wise are instructed by reason, average minds by
    experience, the stupid by necessity and the brute by instinct
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Warmaster: If you mean having the units themselves (models/skins/etc) optional then that is a real pain to maintain. I looked at doing it way back when people were clamoring to add the Modding Legions Pack, and there were significant problems.

Adding the unit cards as an option would be much less difficult.

Centurion44: I think quite a few factions need their victory conditions re-worked. I'll see what I can organise for the next release. For the 5.5 beta I have just added the Seleucids to the Sabaean victory conditions.

DBH, if you can take care of the maps I can give you reworked victory conditions in couple days...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Did those download links work for you Dime?

"
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Cymera View Post
    Did those download links work for you Dime?
    Yes, no problems this time.

Zarax: Sounds good. I think maybe we should try to avoid the "outlives faction" stuff this time. It's too easy for some factions to win just because other factions get wiped out.

Nice! Here's hoping you like those models!

"
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Warmaster's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo View Post
    Warmaster: If you mean having the units themselves (models/skins/etc) optional then that is a real pain to maintain. I looked at doing it way back when people were clamoring to add the Modding Legions Pack, and there were significant problems.

Adding the unit cards as an option would be much less difficult.
    Fair enough, i had a feeling that would be the case. Thanks anyway DBH

Some ideas:

- The Carthage region should have Greek Hoplites and perhaps other Greek units available as mercs. They used lots of Greek mercenaries.

- Baths, arenas, and other 'civilized' structures should help convert population to eastern/western civilized.

- Triarii should cost more -- I'm running into stacks where they outnumber Principes 5:1

Quote Originally Posted by cherryfunk View Post
    Baths, arenas, and other 'civilized' structures should help convert population to eastern/western civilized.
    There appears to be a problem with attaching religion bonuses to multiple buildings. Constructing one type can cause the other types to disappear. It doesn't cause problems for indestructible buildings like the natives and colonies, but it would cause problems for destructible structures. So each culture has just one building type that can boost culture - Taverns for the Barbarians, Execution Squares for Carthage and the Easterners, Theatres for the Greeks, and Arenas for the Romans.

DBH, I don't know if I will manage to write the faction objectives, the AGM thread got a few of them though...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Here is a very partial work, Basically only successors and Iberians got new objectives but should be better than nothing...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

While I play Sabaean in recent mod, I realized that what on earth would made Saba not interested in Arabia Deserta since it almost their backyard and good for spot enermy movement. Why don't you make it capturable but have no road connected (its very hard to maintain road in desert and prevent other faction to walk in to this place) with permanent unrest (those bedouin arab are unruly people) and very low farm rate (because city are in middle of desert and made their city not grown big) to made this province very un attractive in stead.

Zarax: Thanks. I'll try to get that into the next release.

Suppanut: There's nothing there to be interested in. Actually Saba would be unplayable without that uncapturable region. The Seleucids would move straight in, and be able to attack every region in Arabia. Within 15 turns you would wind up fighting all the vast hordes of the Seleucid Empire, without any defensible border.

By making that region uncapturable, Saba can defend its position in Arabia at two choke points, and delay conflict with the Seleucids and the Ptolemies until they get established.

Suppanut's Avatar Idea-O-Matic

As I post in other threads. It show that many type of temple have the same bonus espescially governors, law, justice, leadership, and one god which except for traits and ancillaries they are almost identical. Temple of fertility and temple of love are almost the same. Temple of horse have better bonus than victory, battle and violence types. Battleforge type are worse than both hunting and forge both bonus and upgrade level.

I also suggest that horse/horse2 group should be reorganized and battleforge type and battle/victory/violence should be readjust to on par with forge/hunting group and horse group.

DBH, Do you have plan to revise all of temple type bonus to be different between groups especially governors/law/leadership/justice/one god group, fertility/love group, battle/victory/violence group, and battleforge/forge/hunting group?

Will you move Kolaklay from temple of horse2 to temple of horse?
    Last edited by Suppanut; September 13, 2007 at 01:37 AM.

Suppanut: It's pretty unlikely that the temple bonuses will be changed much, or the temple types. That would involve quite a lot of work, including changes to the ancillaries and traits, not to mention testing and balancing, with a lot of room for introducing new game-killing bugs. All for little improvement in game-play.

I think the descriptions are worth working on because that gets us a visible and interesting result without much risk of causing problems.

That's an extreme amount of work. The temple system can do a lot of good or a lot of damage to the game....

"
    "

- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

Dime, i hate to ask this question since you've done so much lately, but any plans to surprise us with the copy legionaries, aor thracian light cavalry and some infantry for armenia?
    I'm in a middle of a bactrian camoaign and noticed some disbalance between the ammount of light and heavy cavalry. They have 4 types of heavy cavalry and 1 light - bactrian horse archers. i was thinking that maybe some allied cavalry or barcanian from Alex would e cool.

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

I have to say I was dubious about replacing watchtowers with minor settlements, but it works. It lets you shape the map a bit, and the gradual expansion of settlements as your kingdom grows is pretty cool. Well played, DBH. I would however increase their cost to at least 500, since they're supposed to be representing a settlement of some sort.