Page 18 of 116 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627284368 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests

Default Re: Feature Requests

Is it possible to add Spartak's rebellion?

Locky's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Aenea
    Yea u are right about their might but if there is gonna be a special ship in Rhodos,i think there should be one for Athens too.Greek cities were in decay at the period the game starts but as Spartans had the spartan phalangites,and generally spartan army,which made them well known,Athens should have a special ship unit.We all know in ancient Greece spartans were ruling in army,while Athens was ruling in navy.
    Well, it's more or less a what if, scenario. What if Greek cities united and rose to thier old glory. You can build temple of Posideon in Athens, and that produces two new ships, umm i forget what they're called.

What Units have been added to Parthia, Armenia, Pontus and Numidia?
    Parthia: Companion infantry(the Immortals)

Armenia: Some new cavalry units i think, and immition legionairys, pressuming they didn't have them in vanilla.

Pontus: I think Pontus just got tweaked.

Numidia: Same as Pontus.

Is it possible to add Spartak's rebellion?
    Do you mean Sparticus?

Yeah, Spartacus.

Could you include realistic forest?

Quote Originally Posted by Ceki
    Yeah, Spartacus.

I think there's a scripted revolt, for a slave revolt, that occurs in Asia minor, but i believe it is possible to script a revolt to occur in a certain year, but it might be fiddley.

Could you include realistic forest?
    The trees are as real as they're gonna get, lol. I think there;s some mods for better looking terrian, but it's only trvial.

Quote Originally Posted by Locky
    The trees are as real as they're gonna get, lol. I think there;s some mods for better looking terrian, but it's only trvial.
    Have you seen the trees in Europa Barbarum and Blue Lotus? Those are realistic terrains, and not huge giant trees. Where can I get those mods with better looking terrains?

*There were 2 slave rebellions both ocured on Sicily. First around 95 BC. second lead Spartacus was around 80 BC. Crasuss defeated him. By the way, around 100000 slaves was rebelled. So I was wondering if it's possible to add Spartacus rebbelion on Sicily, Siracruse would be a perfect spot to start a rebbelion. Is it possible? I mean it would deffinetly add some historical depth into this mod.
    *About Gaius Marius reforms, they occured around 100 BC. I have played this mod quite a lot with romans(very hard difficulty) and it allways occured around 240 BC. Then game becomes too easy and boring.
    sry about bad english

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Ceki: The gladiator uprising in RTW is bugged. The slaves wind up with all sorts of weird units (including giant elephants) so I have disabled it. It would be possible to spawn slave armies at particular dates though. I might look at doing that for a future release, but I don't know whether the AI would handle them very well.

As for the reforms, the trigger is pretty much hard-coded. The only way to delay them is to delay settlement growth, and I don't like doing that because it tends to result in a lot of minimum size settlements turning out low level units.

Asean: You can find guides for changing trees over at the .org. I was thinking of adding palm trees for semi-arid terrain, but I probably won't mess around with the other trees.

I belive, even without that, u have done a great job. That was just a suggestion. Although I must admit playing with Partia or Armenia is extremly hard.

It should be a bit easier in 4.0.13. The starting diplomatic relations are set so that the eastern factions will not attack each other, and so that the Seleucids will not attack them first. Parthia will still wind up at war with the Seleucids when an eastern province rebels, which usually doesn't take long. I have also made it so that Egypt and Carthage will not attack each other.

Great that will make playing with eastern factions much less frustrating. I hated wageing war with selucid, pontus and sytchia at the same time. I'll try right away!

Tried with Armenians. Same thing, but this time Ponthus attacks after 8-10 turn then Selucids attack. By the end of 270 BC I was with war with 4 factions, Ponthus, Selucids, Sytchia, even Greek cities have declared war with me . Tried several times but, allmost inpossible to play with them. Selucids send a hordes on me and crushed me like a beetle beneeth the heel ... . Tried 5 times, and same thing all the time. I'll try with Parthia tommorow...
    Last edited by Ceki; August 16, 2006 at 03:55 AM.

Tried with Parthia. Allthough Selucids didn't attack me, by the end of 240 no province has rebbeled at my side. I have weak army even weaker economy. Armenians r defeated again by the end 260 bc (poor Armenians ). I must admit 4_0_12 was better to play with easteners, coz at beginning of the game I could make alliance with Ponthus and together fight selucids... I guess that Ptolomeic empire is pretty lame in fighting them. I have a suggestion. Maybe: Parthia, Ponthus, Armenia and Selucids have an alliance at the beginning of the game. Selucids r very tough allmost impossible to defeat all alone. Something like an coallition vs. Selucids... I don't know... But at this point, I see no reason to play with eastern factions coz they r whiped out with ease...
    By the way I play on very high difficulty and those rebells r spawned like rabbits... Huge armies every turn, quite anoying.

Kara Kolyo's Avatar Mikhail

thats because the vh difficulty. on moderate the eastern factions are well ballanced. it's hard but not impossible to play. i never liked playing on vh, its unrealistic i think

under the patronage of Perikles in the house of Wilpuri
    Proud patron of Cymera

I do. Especially with Romans. Allthough after Marian's reform game becomes boring...

Ceki: Are you using 4.0.12, or 4.0.13?

At the moment 4.0.13. Started Armenian campaign on medium difficulty, same declaration of war but with less attacks frome Selucids.

You have to be selective, and take Asia minor as pontus, and slowly work your way into Seleucia. You just have to choose the right targets, which is pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Locky
    You have to be selective, and take Asia minor as pontus, and slowly work your way into Seleucia. You just have to choose the right targets, which is pretty hard.
    I play with Armenia, and Pontus just attacked my capital, with no reason. They had rebel provinces around to pick... Nevermind, I'll thake theri capital than they will be paralized, no big deal...

Forgot to ask, is it possible to add greater unrest in eastern provinces, especially Bachtria coz historicy, Selucids were overthrown by Parthians at 247 BC in Persia.
    And I played with Chartage, great job! Now I can turn my attention to Iberia and Romans in full, without worriing about Ptolomeis.
    And, if it's possible to add a soldiers from Achaemenian dynasty(Parthia 240's BC), light sword equipped archers. I have a picture. Maybe like archers but with little shield and a sword as light infantry.
    Last edited by Ceki; August 17, 2006 at 10:48 AM.