Page 13 of 116 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122233863113 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests

Default Re: Feature Requests

Are you planning to replace one of the current factions with Baktria?

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Err.. Not exactly, although a rebel faction for the seleucids is in the works what's planned is to import some baktrian units from alex once it will be out and put them as AOR...

What you might expect will be to meet new rebels that will use a mix of greek, persian and eastern (baktrian) units, which will depend on the areas a rebellion will spring up. Let's just say that the collapse of the seleucid empire will be much more interesting once things will be done...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

sounds good

don't forget - plenty of naked female archers

whoops...another cold shower needed.................

Lol, I think we'll skip on that, maybe we could do our version of EB indian longbowmen...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Bad timing - I'm on the road at the moment, and my internet acess will be patchy for a while. I've already done most of the work for the Seleucid rebels though, so it shouldn't take long to add some units from Alexander once I get settled in.

Ouch, that's bad news... Hope you'll manage to get back on a fixed connection soon DBH... If you need help just PM me
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

So Zarax, what do you think of Alex units. Hannibal Barca has posted custom battles screenies. Lot of cavarly there on Alexanders rooster.

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h1...name/Alex6.jpg

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Well, I was looking forward for the persian cavalry rather than macedonian one (although some stuff might look interesting once I will be able to get my hands on alex), I will be able to say more once more details will be available...

Anyways, as I'm sure you know, feedback is welcome!
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Barbarian sickle-men looked intresting. Same with heavy bactrian cavarly.

Resistance is futile™

Phrygians also looked interesting, the immortals shield is something that I would definitely import...
    I'm tempted to buy it, also because it looks like it patches the game to 1.9, meaning that maybe they patched some stuff...
    I will wait for more news, in the meantime if anything else pops up just post here...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I bought alex in the end...
    Model and skinning quality is quite low in average, I spotted a few units that are useable with some changes but that's it, modding potential seems quite low...

Anyways, what's most disappointing about the expansion is that you can win the campaign simply by keep your army reinforced with hoplites and autocalc battles, takes less than 3 hours in total...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Looking at the user reviews some of the skins look quite good, or at least a bit different (Dahae with scythes, Persian kardakes, Indian elephants and some Indian shield designs) - something you and DBH can work with hopefully.

2 questions as you have actually got -

any indication it contains a new patch (to 1.7, 1.8, 1.9 whatever)

any new persian or indian culture as far as buildings and the look of cities goes?

Will check out from posting for a while now to get into some serious 4.11 Armenian playing.

cheers

Well, some stuff is too out of date to be used in XGM, while other models can be used with minor reskins (DBH, alex immortal shield should really be imported)...

One thing that we can use is the 5th level temple for eastern and carthaginians, temple complex is quite cool to have for them...

About your questions:

1) It seems it's 1.9, there are a couple new toys to play with (just opened a thread on the alex subforum)

2) no, internal faction names and cultures are unchanged, persia uses parthia (logically) and india the eggies as culture

That's it for now, will update if I find something new
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Armenia "easier" since the starting position got tweaked in 4.11, but still too tough for me. Best i could do was 25 years and adding 3 rebel towns to my two starting ones before the seleucids squash me. They aren't coming with elephants etc now, but still can keep raising armies of 1.5 full stacks to hit me where my one army is not. As soon as they declare war it's non-stop, my economy goes down the pan to support the (doomed) war effort.

I will try again once the seleucids have loyalty implemented to see if that slows them down a bit

If the seleucids are too much of a pain you can add "shadowing slave" or "shadowed_by parthia" to the seleucid in the descr_strat file, this will give them some serious pain due to rebellions... It won't be as complete as full fledged rebels but still one helping hand...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Interesting - I shall give it a go.

Pardon my ignorance, but how does loyalty actually work. is it cities dropping to 50% eg happines that will come over to the appropriate rebel faction and/or generals getting disloyal traits and changing sides? if a general changes to the rebels does that automatically mean his whole stack (if he has one) will change as well? What about if the stack contains another character with good loyalty?

Sounds like an exciting development and gives some more use to spy/assassin combo's (example - I am the roman rebels, rather than raise uber armies i slip good spy/assassin units into Roman towns to bring down the loyalty so they come over to me)

Well, cities rebels to the rebel faction when they revolt, and disloyal stack leaders will go with whatever army they have, especially painful when they get your shiny new elite stack on their side...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Well...I...personally think that it would be really great if there is an "abandon last settlement" in XGM...so the faction becomes a horde and is able to turn from a one-province country into a steady empire...like in BI...it just think that it would be the greatest improvement ever made...hope you'll fellas think of somethin' ei?

And the "sack" option.

Resistance is futile™

Well, a few factions could very well use the feature, but imho it's low priority and should come after governments ;-)
    The Best Is Yet To Come: