Page 114 of 116 FirstFirst ... 146489104105106107108109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,280 of 2306

Thread: Feature Requests

Ancient Aliens's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: Feature Requests

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    I don't think RF would part with his babies.

Lol well I would hope he would considering he based his mod (which is excellent by the way) on XGM. Plus Dimebagho gives everyone permission to use his 'Peace with the Dead' script so why not share I say.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

What DBH gives people permission to use is one thing, what RF does is another. They're two different people.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan198 View Post
    What DBH gives people permission to use is one thing, what RF does is another. They're two different people.
    Very true, but be that as it may, let's see if RedFox or DBH respond before we shoot it down entirely, because I really do love those walls

Well, as much as I want to, I wouldn't count on it. But of course you're free to do as you will for your own personal use.

Paved roads

Regarding discussionon in posts 2174-2178 above on making paved roads available to more factions after marian reforms:

I had tried to add this capability for iberia using two entries for the same building level in export_descr_buildings.txt and and this had failed.

I was just playing as iberian again, so I revisited the issue.

It now seems doable by changing this line:

paved_roads requires factions { thrace, carthaginian, egyptian, greek, roman, }

into this:

paved_roads requires factions { thrace, carthaginian, egyptian, greek, roman, } or factions { spain } and marian_reforms

and I'm thinking maybe giving this to the gauls too.

Now I don't know if this is something for the official versions, but any player can easily do this if so desires.

Default Re: Broken file

I would like to see the latest version at all. Downloaded it a few times and when I run the exe there is a message that the file is damaged and that I should contact the person who made it, so I am doing just that.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Broken file

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisophoros View Post
    I would like to see the latest version at all. Downloaded it a few times and when I run the exe there is a message that the file is damaged and that I should contact the person who made it, so I am doing just that.
    I checked the file and it looks OK to me. If your first attempt to download the file was probably interrupted. When that happens most web browsers will keep giving you the same corrupted file from the cache even if you try to download it again. You can fix that by clearing your browser cache or by using a different web browser.

Thanks for telling me about cache but I know. The first thing I did and tried to download it with few browsers a few times. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. I am not a noob so... OK? The file is suppose to be 56.5 but is 56.4 mb. How did you check it? Am I the only one to ask about this and how many times it was downloaded? Installer integrity check has failed, causes - incomplete download and damaged media. Maybe it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarisophoros View Post
    Thanks for telling me about cache but I know. The first thing I did and tried to download it with few browsers a few times. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge. I am not a noob so... OK? The file is suppose to be 56.5 but is 56.4 mb. How did you check it? Am I the only one to ask about this and how many times it was downloaded? Installer integrity check has failed, causes - incomplete download and damaged media. Maybe it will help.
    this happens to me as well.......and i downloaded the xgm 5.9.22 2 times..

Proud To Be Orthodox Christian

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

I have uploaded it again. Let me know if it works this time.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo View Post
    I have uploaded it again. Let me know if it works this time.
    Works fine for me.

Yes, it works now. Thanks.

thnx dimebagho, it works now

Proud To Be Orthodox Christian

just going back to the Redfox walls, he has the 3ds max files stickied in the DTW forum and i beleive includes instructions on how to implement them, and seeing as DBH allowed him to use XGM as a base for DTW, i'm sure RF would repay the favor, all this is assuming that DBH would consider the proposition though. If you really can't wait just do it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by The High King of Ireland View Post
    just going back to the Redfox walls, he has the 3ds max files stickied in the DTW forum and i beleive includes instructions on how to implement them, and seeing as DBH allowed him to use XGM as a base for DTW, i'm sure RF would repay the favor, all this is assuming that DBH would consider the proposition though. If you really can't wait just do it yourself.
    Ah, I never saw such a sticky on the DTW forums, any particular links?

And yeah, I would like to see the walls implemented into XGM, at least via an checkbox option in the installer, I'm sure RedFox would oblige.

how about adding italic auxillary troops to the romans. they could be recruited from the auxillary barracks

magraev's Avatar Biarchus

But they're just copies of existing units so there is no point - they can recruit the same troops from the regular barracks.

And I like the idea above about roads being available to more factions after marian reforms - will implement that in my own game immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by magraev View Post
    But they're just copies of existing units so there is no point - they can recruit the same troops from the regular barracks.

And I like the idea above about roads being available to more factions after marian reforms - will implement that in my own game immediately.
    well what i meant was to bring in new units or import them from other mods tht way its more unique

Re: Redfox Walls:
    Extended Cultures has his walls as a feature in the latest build, I see no good reason
    why XGM shouldn't ask for permission to include them.

Lorry's Avatar Libertus

Probably been suggested before, but a victory screen when you have conquered everything (except the deserts of course) would be nice if possible.

But anyway the mod is simply awesome.
    Keep up the good work.