Page 10 of 116 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Feature Requests

rayzzz: The easiest way to remove units is to give them the no_custom attribute in export_descr_units.txt (that removes them from the custom battle line-up) and then remove the recruit lines from export_descr_buildings.txt (that makes them untrainable. You might also want to go through descr_strat.txt and remove them from the starting units.

If you delete the unit entry in export_descr_units.txt then things are much messier.

Arcani will be gone from the next release. Head Hurlers will be gone when the Britons go. Druids will stay. Is there anything else that needs to be cut?

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by DimeBagHo

Arcani will be gone from the next release. Head Hurlers will be gone when the Britons go. Druids will stay. Is there anything else that needs to be cut?
    Hi DimeBag,

Screeching women need to go - saw them in 3.6.13 for the Germans.

I'd like to see gladiators go too, Druid stats toned down and Bull Warriors reskinned and renamed to something more realistic.

Another feature I'd like to see: In RTR, mercs automatically have 2 bronze chevrons when you recruit them. Makes sense, seeing as these are men who make a living as professional soldiers and probably see a fair amount of action. Why not incorporate this in XGM as well? Similarly, as pro soldiers whose income depends on their ability to perform well, you'd expect these guys to spend some of the money they make from salary or from looting on better equipment. So how about a one level armour and weapon upgrade as standard as well? As well as buying new equipment many would have also stolen war gear from the battlefield.

Just some ideas :-)

Cheers, Germanicus91

Screeching women are definitely gone now. Gladiators will stay. Bull Warriors might change if I can think of something better to change them in to. I like the idea about the mercs.

I know that this mod is a Greek based mod, but if you guys consider making skins or units for other factions, I would like to see more naked barbarian units in the game for Gaul, Germanic and Dacian. It's more fun to encounter and slaughter an army of naked barbarians in the forest. It makes the Barbarian factions seem more like "Barbarians".

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

The Barbarians wasn't always painted fanatics..

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

More units for the barbarians would be fine by me, but I'll need a little more to work with than "less clothing".

Still playing 3.6 as i have a couple of goog campaigns on the go.

what barbarian factions are stil in 4.0? sure I can suggest some units.

All the barbarian factions are in 4.0 so far, but the Britons and Dacians will probably be converted to rebel factions for the Seleucids and Ptolemies later, so there is not much point in adding units to those factions now.

Then you could add their units to the other barbarian factions, those they don't already have of course. But I'd like completly new units better. Maybe you could add BI tech for them aswell?
    But then this Mod is focusing on the Hellenic factions/cultures.

Resistance is futile™

All the barbarian factions are in 4.0 so far, but the Britons and Dacians will probably be converted to rebel factions for the Seleucids and Ptolemies later, so there is not much point in adding units to those factions now.
    Gaul gets the British javelin chariots (from BI), a heavy spearman (like the iberian one), perhaps the briton woad warrior, as a Belgae AOR unit.

Germans get a throwing axe (from BI) for the night raiders, shieldwall rather than phalanx for the spear warband

Iberians get Hillmen as an AOR in the pyrenees and/or something like the later almuguhavars i.e. javelin skirmishers that are decent at hand to hand. iberian spearman get schiltron formation (good defensive fighters at siege of Numantia)

Numidians get garamantae javelin chariots and a similar unit to nubian spearmen, available from their southern provinces.

All basic spear warbands get one javelin in addition to their spears (like in BI, but just one)

Naked fanatics only for the Gauls and iberians - much more expensive andwith 2 HP (these guyswere on magic mushrooms - think native american ghost dancers)

Rex Armeniae's Avatar King of Kings

hey, cool mode... but I was wondering if you could add cooler and better units for the Armenians. I mean pyjama men who calls them eastern infantry?

Please you are awesom at making cool units cant you make some armenian Royal Swordsmen and some other cool cavalry and infantry units.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Armenia already got eastern heavy inf and armenian legionaries, I think that's enough for a cavalry faction like them...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Appius: At some point the barbarians will get a new city level, and some new tech. I haven't yet decided how to do this though, as I would like to delay their ability to build large cities.

Hippias: I like your ideas. Some of them will definitely get done. I'll add them to the top post so they don't get lost.

King Arsen: If you have some historical sources for Armenian heavy infantry I'd be interested. Otherwise I agree with Zarax.

Cheers DBH. I have gone through all the Osprey ancient world books i have (which is all of them!) and can't find anything else to suggest.

Love the mod by the way - can't see that you could improve the greek culture units any more than they already are but would be grateful if the Gauls especially could get buffed up.

Hippias: I like your ideas. Some of them will definitely get done. I'll add them to the top post so they don't get lost.
    Don't forget the 2 ex points + 1 level weapons/armour upgrade as standard for mercs :-)

Hippias: Yeah, I think the Greek factions are pretty much done as far as adding units goes. But they still need worthy opponents.

Germanicus91: I tried that but it didn't work. I may have just had the syntax wrong though, so i'll have to do a little digging around to find out if it can be done.

Germanicus91: I tried that but it didn't work. I may have just had the syntax wrong though, so i'll have to do a little digging around to find out if it can be done.
    Thanks DimeBag RTR does it, so maybe you could find out from someone there?

If you still have a copy of RTR around could you post a bit of /data/world/maps/capmaign/[campaign_name]/descr_mercenaries.txt. I don't need the whole thing, just one pool will do.

I'm afraid I don't have RTR installed at the moment. I'm waiting for 7.0 (although I've considered trying the new RTR Platinum when it's less buggy). I can try asking on the forums though :-)

Dime: Ok i understand, the thing is you easily get the population up to +10000, then they start revolting, income goes down. It's just that.

Resistance is futile™