Page 8 of 116 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617183358108 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Requests

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Feature Requests

Quote Originally Posted by Zarax
    Good news from the modding front, it seems that barbarians can get huge cities: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=48805
    Hmm thats not new for me, I've tried the Borsooks enchancement pack allowing them to build barb tech.
    But good you noticed it. :original:

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Too bad borsook left, he was pretty much managing to bring the whole BI featureset to the RTW campaign...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Yeah he has not been around, you've heard from him?
    Know what happend to him? Left for what?

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

I don't know anything about borsook, I simply followed the mod when it was active as I had the same idea but not enough modding skills...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Spartan1015's Avatar Semisalis

but does anyone have a guide to get athenian archers to the regular RTW? i need somone to do it plz.....
    i would really appreciate it
    "The Spartan Don't Ask How Many, Only Where They Are - Agis of Sparta 415BC"
    Fenix Maximus - Lost Son Of Ares And Aphrodite, Trained By The Gods And Spartans, Everything Else Is Unknown About The Great Hero.

The Best Is Yet To Come:

i swear i have done thast tutorial so many times, i am ****** off at it! Plz i need a specific guide just for athenian archers! OMFG!
    Fenix Maximus - Lost Son Of Ares And Aphrodite, Trained By The Gods And Spartans, Everything Else Is Unknown About The Great Hero.

Warmaster's Avatar Miles

woah man calm down... you shouldnt get all angry at Zarax (thats how it seems, anyway), hes trying to help you, you know...

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Spartan1015: Must admit I cracked up when I saw that link again and your response. That really is an excellent guide, but I'll give you something a little more specific. Here is what you need to do:

1. Install XGM.

Obviously you need it installed to get at the files you will need, but the way I am going to do this you will also need to leave it installed because the models, textures, etc, are going to stay in the XGM folder.

2. EDU (unit stats - you might want to tweak these a bit for vanilla use)

Open data/export_desrc_units.txt and paste the following onto the end of the RTW file.

Code:
    type             greek athenian marine archer
    dictionary       greek_athenian_marine_archer      ; Athenian Marine Archer 
    category         infantry
    class            missile
    voice_type       Heavy_1
    soldier          greek_athenian_marine_archer, 40, 0, 1.5
    attributes       sea_faring, hide_forest, can_sap, hardy
    formation        1.2, 1.2, 2.4, 2.4, 4, square
    stat_health      1, 0
    stat_pri         5, 1, arrow, 120, 30, missile, archery, piercing, none, 25 ,0.9
    stat_pri_attr    no
    stat_sec         7, 3, no, 0, 0, melee, simple, piercing, sword, 25 ,0.9
    stat_sec_attr    no
    stat_pri_armour  7, 8, 0, metal
    stat_sec_armour  0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat        4
    stat_ground      2, 0, 0, 0
    stat_mental      12, normal, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 30
    stat_fire_delay  0
    stat_food        60, 300
    stat_cost        1, 350, 230, 60, 80, 350
    ownership        greek_cities
    3. DMB (model, texture, and sprite information)

Open data/decsr_model_battle.txt. Paste the following onto the end of the file.

Code:
    type				greek_athenian_marine_archer
    skeleton			fs_archer, fs_dagger
    indiv_range			40
    texture				greek_cities, xgm/data/models_unit/textures/UNIT_GREEK_ATHENIAN_MARINE_ARCHER.TGA
    model_flexi			xgm/data/models_unit/unit_greek_athenian_marine_archer_high.CAS, 15
    model_flexi			xgm/data/models_unit/unit_greek_athenian_marine_archer_medium.CAS, 30
    model_flexi			xgm/data/models_unit/unit_greek_athenian_marine_archer_low.CAS, 40
    model_flexi			xgm/data/models_unit/unit_greek_athenian_marine_archer_lowest.CAS, max
    model_sprite		greek_cities, 60.0, xgm/data/sprites/greek_cities_greek_athenian_marine_archer_sprite.spr
    model_tri			400, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f
    4. Description

Add the following bits of code to the end of each file.

data/export_descr_unit_enums.txt
    Code:
    greek_athenian_marine_archer
    greek_athenian_marine_archer_descr
    greek_athenian_marine_archer_descr_short
    data/text/export_units.txt
    Code:
    ¬----------------

{greek_athenian_marine_archer}	Athenian Marine Archers

{greek_athenian_marine_archer_descr}
    Athenian naval prowess was legendary. Even the Spartans feared the prospect of meeting the Athenians at sea. In part this reputation was due to the skill of Athenian rowing crews, and in part to the skill of Athenian marines.\n\nAthenian marine archers are expected to do double duty, harassing and thinning the ranks of enemy crews from a distance, and engaging in close fighting in boarding actions. Because they need both hands free to use their bows, they do not carry shields, but otherwise their equipment is similar to that of hoplites. They wear heavy armour, consisting of a linothorax reinforced with bronze scales, a helmet, and greaves, and they carry swords for close combat. The lack of shields leaves them with less protection than most Greek heavy infantry, but even so they make formidable opponents on land or at sea.

{greek_athenian_marine_archer_descr_short}
    Athenian marine archers are expected to do double duty, harassing and thinning the ranks the enemy from a distance, and engaging in close fighting. They are formidable opponents on land or at sea.
    5. Unit cards

Copy the following files from the XGM data folder into the RTW data folder. You will probably have to create a UI folder (etc) to put them in.

xgm\Data\UI\UNITS\GREEK_CITIES\#GREEK_ATHENIAN_MARINE_ARCHER.TGA
    xgm\Data\UI\UNIT_INFO\GREEK_CITIES\GREEK_ATHENIAN_MARINE_ARCHER_INFO.TGA

6. EDB (making them recruitable)

Open data/export_descr_buildings.txt and paste the following line into each level of the missiles building where you want the Marines to be recruitable.

Code:
                    recruit "greek athenian marine archer"  0  requires factions { greek_cities, }
    The Marines will be recruitable anywhere. If you want to limit them to just Athens, let me know. Otherwise I think you are done.
    Last edited by DimeBagHo; May 10, 2006 at 05:54 AM.

THANX MAN! i know zarax is trying to help, but i get so mad! I hate it when i mess up....... and things
    DBH your the greatest man
    DBH, why is it making block shadows and stuff...... and when i zoom out of the battlefield tey turn into small black boxes
    Last edited by Spartan1015; May 10, 2006 at 03:09 PM.

just started a campaign playing 4.0 beta. twice when i sent an army to aid one of my towns under siege, after clicking my 2nd army to be user controlled, it handed it over to the ai in the fight. i really hate when that happens because the ai manages to get a lot of my units killed. in vanilla this would happen to me if i alt-tabbed but i made sure not to. any idea if this is intentional or has a quick fix?

also, would there be a way to make assassins kill spies that get ejected from towns 100%? it's kind of embarrassing when my assassin is slain by a spies bodyguard.

Sorry, this is all hardcoded stuff unfortunately...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Spartan1015: The "black box" problem is probably because the game is not finding the sprite file. I just checked the code above and there is an error in the name of the sprite file. The forum added some spaces in, so you need to change this...
    Code:
    *_marine_archer_sprite.s  pr
    ...to this:
    Code:
    *_marine_archer_sprite.spr
    modernfd: The problem with the AI getting control of your reinforcements is an RTW bug. I think there was a work-around for this, but I can't remember what it was. Maybe someone else knows?

There might be a way to make spies easier to kill in general (not just when they get ejected from towns, but whenever you can see them) by reducing their personal security. I'll give it a try.

thanks for the reply. yea i always thought it was wierd that spies have bodyguards. i can understand a general or even a diplomat, but when i think of a spy, i usually picture 1 man, and if he is to get caught, usually guarentees death.

thanx DBH ur the best!
    o yeah, I have seen a pic. on the internet of spartan archers and calvary, mine putting them in their?

When it's ready XGM 4?
    I can't wait!!!!
    However very compliments for your great work!!!!

We just made an agreement with 3D Realms, XGM4 will be bundled with Duke Nukem Forever and released with that game...

Jokes aside, it will depend on testing results and on how long it will take to convert some factions to rebel...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Thanks Zararax,but what is Duke Nukem Forever ?

D'oh...
    I guess some forumites are too young to have ever heard of it...
    Duke Nukem Forever is supposed to be the sequel to the once popular shooter Duke Nukem (we're talking about 1996 here) and it's supposedly in development since 1998, always with "when it's done" release date.

Woah, time can fly...
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

OK Zarax,but I'm 29 years old and I never heard this game in Italy!!!!