Thread: Unlimited time?

Default Unlimited time?

How can i increase the time frame,its too short now for world conquest maybe with economy allowing only a limited amount of legions.Or can i increase the turns per year to 4?Plz help.

Other thing is how does it help to build roman settlements in already western civilized cities?
    Also is it worth to place family members in cities as they always seem to increase unrest?Do they give any sort of bonus there?

to colonize i have to use diplomats and build colonies?
    What i'm asking is that it seems one can't build regional pacification building because that would not allow lvl 2 colonies?[military occupation,highways?].This colonizing process always slows down my exansion so thats the main reason i want to increase timeframe or turns per year.This is what is confusing me.
    In what order should i build in fully colonizing cities.
    It seems i can't build high level colonies and regional pacification at once.
    But it says RP gives access to best faction units,but to build them u need advanced barracks which requires high colonies?

Also any idea where cities or region i can get good AOR units for rome?there is no guide.
    I'm looking mostly for hoplites or phalangites ,elephants and heavy cavalry.And if its available maybe some powerful barbarian assault infantry[not warbands ].Basically cities where i should build regional tributary and get max auxillary barracks.

Thank you,very good mod.

Pinkie Pie's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Unlimited time?

i cant answer the first few questions as i havent played in a while but the aor units i can do
    elephants will be africa, Egypt, India and some settlements in TSE
    phalanxes and hoplites you will generally find in greece, Macedon and TSE (not sure if Rome can have these though)
    as for cavalry, i think you can get Tarentine Cavalry somewhere near your starting position and Cappadocian Cavalry can be trained in Asia Minor
    you might want to wait for someone who has a bit more experiance with the mod to confirm that though as i never use AOR units
    "I, Pinkie Pie, declare that these treats are fit for a king, or a queen, or a princess!"
    "Me? Ruin? I'm not the ruiner, I'm the ruinee! Or is it ruinness? Ruinette?"
    "She's ahead of the litter all right. The pick of the litter. The cat's pajamas. Oh wait. Why would Applejack take some poor kitty's pj's? That's not very sporting of her."
    "More balloons! No, that's too many balloons. More candy! No, less candy. Ooh! I know! Streamers!"
    "Oh my gosh. Hold on to your hooves – I am just about to be brilliant!"

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

First off, which version are you using? The recent test builds changes slightly the way romans recruits.

Quote Originally Posted by austerlitz View Post
    How can i increase the time frame,its too short now for world conquest maybe with economy allowing only a limited amount of legions.Or can i increase the turns per year to 4?Plz help.
    The easiest thing to do it would be to change the end date in descr_strat.txt so it suits more of your tastes.
    That requires a new campaign though.

Other thing is how does it help to build roman settlements in already western civilized cities?
    Also is it worth to place family members in cities as they always seem to increase unrest?Do they give any sort of bonus there?
    Roman settlements and later colony levels will allow you to build higher levels of factional barracks, so they are worth building in all western civilized territories as they won't cause additional unrest.

to colonize i have to use diplomats and build colonies?
    What i'm asking is that it seems one can't build regional pacification building because that would not allow lvl 2 colonies?[military occupation,highways?].This colonizing process always slows down my exansion so thats the main reason i want to increase timeframe or turns per year.This is what is confusing me.
    In what order should i build in fully colonizing cities.
    It seems i can't build high level colonies and regional pacification at once.
    The short answer is yes.
    The long answer is that changing the culture of a region is a very long and complex process as it is portrayed (in reality it took hundreds of years).

When you conquer a settlement a place it under military occupation (the first government level) it allows you to build the first colony level (with occupation granting you a shield from unrest), while higher levels require the population to be in a stable state, which requires a higher government level, which is at least stationary garrisoning (the one after pacification) as trying to move big masses of colonists in turmoiled places is a very bad idea.

But it says RP gives access to best faction units,but to build them u need advanced barracks which requires high colonies?
    The process goes as it follows:

1) you conquer the region (self explaining)

2) build military occupation (may require demolishing allied government)

3) build roman settlements

4) upgrade your government and infrastructure. Once you have stationary garrisoning and highways higher colony levels are unlocked.
    Militia barracks will appear with regional pacification and settlements, higher levels will require higher government and colony levels as you cannot train your cultural elites in without having some build-up first.

Also any idea where cities or region i can get good AOR units for rome?there is no guide.
    I'm looking mostly for hoplites or phalangites ,elephants and heavy cavalry.And if its available maybe some powerful barbarian assault infantry[not warbands ].Basically cities where i should build regional tributary and get max auxillary barracks.

Thank you,very good mod.
    Rome is very peculiar about AOR and it's a side that is still evolving.
    Allied government with auxiliary barracks will provide you the two unit types romans are lacking: cavalry and skirmishers, which is what roman amicii provided historically, while your heavy infantry has to come from italy or colonized territories (in the most recent builds you get socii from your colonies).

After the reforms you're allowed to upgrade your allied government into a roman foedus, which will allow you the recruitment of some of your factional units from upgraded auxiliary barracks (lvl5 is unlocked, giving you the foederatii barracks).

Hope this helps, enjoy XC!
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

Whats "peculiar2 about Romes AOR?

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

They are a lot more picky than other factions, colonization is usually the way to go with them unless you want to recruit cavalry.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

I have a few recomendations for Auxillia cities; Ankyra (Galatian Heavy Swords), Massilia(Gallic Heavy Cav), Tarentium (Tarantine Cav; Should be in the merc pool imho) Southern Thrace (Thracian Cav/ Peltasts)