Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Orlesian Empire v Tevinter Imperium

Comes Domesticorum

Default Orlesian Empire v Tevinter Imperium

Which one would you rather see at the forefront of Dragon Age 3, should such a game come out?

I would naturally like to see both in the future game, perhaps you can have a character who is Orlesian and has to start an Exalted March against the Tevinters, or a Tevinter waging war against Orlais or the Qunari.

Or perhaps all of Thedas will be united against the mages or the Qunari or something, but I want to stamp out the Tevinter heresy.

If only one is included though, I really hope is Orlais, and that much of Val Royeaux will be playable.

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Orlesian Empire v Tevinter Imperium

I'm starting to think it's going to be Orlais based on what I heard ingame.

Should I spoiler tag the clues? Ok, I'll spoiler tag the clues. They're not too ground shattering tho:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    in one epilogue from Origins, Morrigan goes to the frenc-I mean, Orlesian court and attains a respectable position as councilor or something, pretty fast. this is if you refuse the ritual.

hints that Orlais actually plans to get Ferelden back. this would also mix with the idea of Loghain not being a total nut job, and since it is possible to keep him alive it would give him a role in the story. an "I told you so" role, mostly.

Cailan had an affair with the empress based on what you read in the Return to Ostagar letter. So, it figures. Maybe she's coming for revenge on her dead-betrayed lover? Who cares.

leliana is french. a joke related to shoes and women is highly needed in this franchise.

Marjolene might make an appearance too since it's possible to let her go in origins.

and the Nr1 reason: Enchantment boy and his daddy are going to Orlais because the Empress heard of his skill.

Tevinter has what, Fenris' old sock cabinet? They have the Black Divine for years now, so they don't have any real involvement with the Chantry's revolution thing.

oh, and
    The Divine lives in Orlais.

it's pretty obvious. only question is, how will they balance the french-accent-overload in such a place. probably by replacing Varric with a german storyteller...
    No.

Comes Domesticorum

I hope there are many French accents, and I really hope my character isn't a stupid Fereldan again. Yes, I want my character to speak with a French accent.

In any case, Leliana's French accent was the best thing about her in DAO, at least if you didn't have a good mod to make her less ugly.

No way, I want to be Antivan and speak like Zevran. Each line spoken as if you're trying to convince someone into bed.

that sort of thing would fit DA perfectly by how it looks so far.
    No.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Razvus View Post
    No way, I want to be Antivan and speak like Zevran. Each line spoken as if you're trying to convince someone into bed.

that sort of thing would fit DA perfectly by how it looks so far.
    Lol, that's true, it's getting too sexual. Probably because of all the geeks who were playing DAO though, probably.

I would rather sound like Fenris, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Lol, that's true, it's getting too sexual.
    not true based on this comic!

uhm, anyway. I'll stop posting. This thread doesn't have enough "DA sucks, EA's the devil, the end is near" kind of comments.
    No.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

The instant Bodahn says he and Sandal are going to Orlais practically screams out "DRAGON AGE 3 WILL BE IN ORLAIS". Thing is, I just can't see them not appearing in some way.

The only way it might not be set in Orlais is if you are tasked by the Empress of Orlais to do something elsewhere, and she sends Bodahn and Sandal with you. In which case it might aswell be anywhere Bioware want. I just can't see Sandal not being in DA3.

Unless ofcourse, it's a massive deliberate red herring on Bioware's part.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

I don't mind it being in Orlais

The whole Seekers/Divine plot and Leliana 'Left Hand of the Divine' appearing in the end clearly hints on it

The land of chevaliers...may be they will make horse combat finally

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I'd want Tevinter so that I could have some more husky Qunari but it will probably be le Orlais.

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

Orlais would be boring. Tevinter or Anderfels are better options. Which is why we'll get Orlais. Or the whole game will be set in someone's basement. That's also a possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beregond View Post

The land of chevaliers...may be they will make horse combat finally
    They can't even get dismounted combat right...
    Last edited by blank; April 06, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Blaze86420's Avatar Praepositus

Anderfels or Tevinter. I really like the Grey Wardens and a war between the Magisters and the Qunari sounds epic.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

They got mounted combat right in Neverwinter Nights, and all of that was added through a free patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    They got mounted combat right in Neverwinter Nights, and all of that was added through a free patch.
    True, but this was before EA.
    Speaking of, I feel that I'm forgetting something....

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... DA sucks, EA's the devil, the end is near!!11!
    Senoji Baltų Religija I really really like Kitties <3

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Inhuman One View Post
    Nobody. Cares.

Well I'd rather prefer playing as a Mage fighting for Tevinter against the Chantry.
    But DA 3 will obviously be set in Orlais, but I most likely won't even get it - Dragon Age 2 was terrible, and unless a miracle happens and Bioware goes back to Atari I don't see how I would prefer another anime-styled action-based date sim with rpg elements over Skyrim and Witcher 2.

Comes Domesticorum

This thread isn't a discussion about your problems with DA2, take that crap elsewhere.

Lysimachus's Avatar Spirit Cleric

Rebellious templars and mages versus regular templars trying to restore the circles would make for an interesting game. Perhaps because Val Royeaux is the centre of the White Divine it also has its most staunchest and devout templars who don't buy in to the "mage freedom" concept at all. Then there is the Tevinter vs. Qunari wars along with the fact that because Kal-Sharok is near the two countries the Dwarves can play a part in the game too. Maybe the Dalish taking advantage of the human chaos too could get more aggressive and actually launch full-scale attacks against human settlements and perhaps establish themselves somewhere. News of this would spread which may cause revolt in the alienages in war-torn areas lacking the proper internal security that a city at peace would have. It would be interesting as well since Nathaniel was squired in the Free Marches so maybe when he sees all the chaos in a place he spent years of his life at, he could become a companion of the new player character for whatever their purpose may be.

blank's Avatar Campidoctor

The bits of information about Anderfels that's been given so far hint at good potential. There seems to be a hidden power struggle between the formal rulers and the Wardens, who are exercising more authority from Weisshaupt than in any other country. It could provide a different look at the Wardens.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

There's also a couple of bits of information to really consider that will likely happen in a sequel:

Magic for everyone?
    - There's a lot of things in the game to suggest that far more people used to have magic than they do now. Sandal's prophecy is the big hitter: "One day the magic will come back. All of it. Everyone will be just like they were. The shadows will part, and the skies will open wide. When he rises, everyone will see." There's also a few other things when I replayed that drew my attention to this. Something in the deep road expedition hints to this ancient bunch of dwarves separate from the rest of society perhaps having magic. I also remember Merill at one point stating "Once all Elvhen had the gift (magic)". Coupled with the whole Circles everywhere rebelling thing, I can see this driving the plot.

Grey Warden business: The two times you meet Wardens in the game (minus bringing Bethany/Carver into the Deep Roads), they both mention they have business to attend to. Upon Hawke asking them, they simply respond saying they can't tell you. Nathaniel in particular I remember saying something along the lines of "You'll find out soon enough".
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Considering that DA2 is doing extremely poorly compared to any previous Bioware game regarding reception and that both the Witcher 2, Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 are going to swipe away any chance for DA2 to win an award this year, I have my doubts about a Dragon Age 3 ever being made.

Regarding mounted combat being patched into NWN, I am definatly sure people care. Most people would be thrilled to have such a feature patched into a game for free after release, or even as paid DLC. To me this just seemed like Bioware's way of flipping the bird to both Obsidian and Bethesda, considering that it was done shortly after NWN2 was released (which was first advertised to have horses) and Bethesda including horses but no mounted combat in Oblivion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast