Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Morrowind:The Great Houses

G-Megas-Doux's Avatar Vicarius

Default Morrowind:The Great Houses

Which is your favourite Dumner Great House and why?

Choices

House Indoril
    House Dres
    House Hlaalu
    House Redoran
    House Telvanni
    House Dagoth

No pole just thought this could be a great house fanboy thread.

Also wouldn't it be fun for there to be more Great House Lore placed in the Game? Histories of the Great Houses and famous rebuttles published by the other houses.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/nickyart2/Avatars/Page2.htm

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Morrowind:The Great Houses

Indoril. When the Empire conquered morrowind, most Indoril nobles committed suicide rather than suffer the dishonour of defeat at the hands of the empire. That's ing hardcore.

House Dagoth and Telvanni are close seconds.

Indoril because most Ordinators are from there. They're just awesome. And the stuff about not accepting foreign rule is cool too.

Semisalis

Redoran. I like that they value honor, duty, and gravity. Also, in Morrowind, I was always creating heavily armored do-gooders, so it was the obvious choice.

I'll stop arguing against God the second I'm disproven'. I'm praying to God I eventually am.

mrcrusty's Avatar Primicerius

Pfft. Indoril? Redoran?

Hlaalu. Imperial whores ftw.

Definitely with Redoran on this.

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I've joined all the houses because I am an elite person so I'm socially accepted everywhere.

Redoran all the way.

Lone gunman swordsman striding through the wastes of Vvardenfell, journeying from camp to camp and fighting the forces of the 6th House.

Corvis's Avatar Campidoctor

It's hard for me to choose, since pretty much every Great House has it's own history, customs, architecture, and even fashion (though Dres hasn't been shown). House Redoran is fun to hang around with, if your idea of fun is to sit around solemnly contemplating life and worshipping Almsivi and fighting Blight monsters on the weekends with a very good chance of contracting a disease and turning into a corprus zombie. House Telvanni would force you to run around gathering extremely plain but hard to acquire items while laughing at your stupid ass from their plant pod tower, only to shut you out anyway because you're just a dumb outlander. House Hlaalu would befriend you and take you in, showing you all the luxuries and comforts that being part of their prosperous House would entail. Only to stab you while you're not looking, steal the deed to your property and bum- you just for good measure.

I'm going to abstain from choosing and stick with the Imperial Cult. Need me to get some ash yams for starving lepers? yeah I'm all over that.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Redoran

I hope not all of them are killed in the Oblivion Crisis

Darth Ravenous's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Corvis View Post
    It's hard for me to choose, since pretty much every Great House has it's own history, customs, architecture, and even fashion (though Dres hasn't been shown). House Redoran is fun to hang around with, if your idea of fun is to sit around solemnly contemplating life and worshipping Almsivi and fighting Blight monsters on the weekends with a very good chance of contracting a disease and turning into a corprus zombie. House Telvanni would force you to run around gathering extremely plain but hard to acquire items while laughing at your stupid ass from their plant pod tower, only to shut you out anyway because you're just a dumb outlander. House Hlaalu would befriend you and take you in, showing you all the luxuries and comforts that being part of their prosperous House would entail. Only to stab you while you're not looking, steal the deed to your property and bum- you just for good measure.

I'm going to abstain from choosing and stick with the Imperial Cult. Need me to get some ash yams for starving lepers? yeah I'm all over that.
    Perfectly worded on the houses.

Redoran are pretty cool. And Ald Ruhn is often built up to be the Sparta of Tamriel in the lore, but I kind of find their focus on war alone kind of dull.

If I was somehow magically transported to Morrowind tommorrow I'd probably sod them all and join the temple. Get a nice cushy job at High Fane as a healer.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

hlaalu, due to handling things with guile and "accepting" imperial rule
    Also due to speecha and awesome

Well I like them all but which one would I choose.

If I was Harry Hill I would say, "Well there is only one way to find out. FIGHT."

So Hlaalu loose (even though they would Morag Tong it) Redoran versus Telvanni would be a good fight. I prefer the Redorans though.

Does anyone else feel disappointed that there are no ancient liniages in the other great houses like people called Telvanni in house Telvanni that are noble or Redoran in House Redoran yet Hlaalu with a small population base are everywhere like rats?

Was looking for a Morrowind sig to use as big fan of the game found this from here so crediting from source http://paha13.deviantart.com/art/Morrowind-259489058

Also credit avatar from.

Afaik it's a relic from Dunmer naming customs of the first era. Back then you would be referred to as [House Name] [First Name], for example Indoril Triffith, Redoran Vorilk, or Dagoth Gares. In 3rd era morrowind, the naming syntax has been reversed somehow.

[/elderscrollsnerdism]

Quote Originally Posted by Jingles View Post
    Afaik it's a relic from Dunmer naming customs of the first era. Back then you would be referred to as [House Name] [First Name], for example Indoril Triffith, Redoran Vorilk, or Dagoth Gares. In 3rd era morrowind, the naming syntax has been reversed somehow.

[/elderscrollsnerdism]
    Like China dealing with the west.

I am Twcenter Megas Doux lol.

well usually you have the almalgamated nobles and then all their retainers, the retainers usually called something else.

I just wanted a House Father called Volaris Redoran or something like that.

Now I feel obliged to name a character Incarnate Nerevar then play the game and watch as the script just goes nuts.

"Incarnate Nerevar claims he is the Incarnation of Lord Nerevar."

"Well that cant be surely he is not the Incarnate."

"If you are the Incarnate Incarnate Nerevar you must prove it by getting my granddads bow and then I will call you Nerevar."

"You already did. Wouldnt my driver's licence be easier, it says Incarnate Nerevar. I have it stamped by the Imperial Legion, census and excise and the Mages Guild."
    Last edited by G-Megas-Doux; April 08, 2011 at 07:07 PM.

Also credit avatar from.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingles View Post

[/elderscrollsnerdism]
    You left out the obvious one, Indoril Nerevar.

I always though Indoril Nerevar reads a bit better then Nerevar Indoril.

However as an example Hlaalu Eno reads worse then Eno Hlaalu.

Also credit avatar from.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Megas-Doux View Post
    Now I feel obliged to name a character Incarnate Nerevar then play the game and watch as the script just goes nuts.
    Much fun can be had with this.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Megas-Doux View Post
    I always though Indoril Nerevar reads a bit better then Nerevar Indoril.

However as an example Hlaalu Eno reads worse then Eno Hlaalu.

At least he's dressed appropriately for the game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast